• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Cvans ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,322 Thanks
  • 4,917 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 09:37 PM

For what it's worth I would straighten it out. Your going to need heat ( torch with a rosebud). It would probably take longer to line up the tools and a heavy piece of iron than to actually do the job. Once you have heated it and pounded it back into shape, clamp the heavy iron to the under side of the frame and use it as an anvil to finish with, applying heat as needed. When your done it should be as straight the other side. You can weld up any cracks at this time.  

Make sure there is nothing flammable in the area and remove any parts that might be damaged by the heat.

Good luck. 

Edited by Cvans, August 03, 2013 - 09:38 PM.

• whitefishblues said thank you

#17 dropped82 OFFLINE  

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,333 Thanks
  • 1,191 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 09:58 PM

Here is a pic of a 600 series valve. Notice the extra port on the side. That is the power beyond port for the loader valve to hook to. It feeds off the lift (low pressure) side. The travel side would blow the loader cylinders apart. The relief on the lift side can be turned upwards of 900 PSI which would give you plenty of power. Probably more than the tractor can lift. There is a good write up on a loader build if you Google it. I can't remember the link. Google Case 446 FEL build. You have to use an open center loader valve. There has to be constant flow to the holding tank for the system to work. I've read that the maximum lift pressure is almost too much for loader operation. Just play adjust the relief till you find your happy spot.
You can actually have your valve machined and have that fitting added. Case built all valves the same then machined the ones designated for the loaders. It has to have an O-ring style port put in. Hope this helps!

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

#18 whitefishblues OFFLINE  

• Member No: 41816
  • 49 Thanks
  • 43 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 12:19 AM

Thanks guys!  My grandpa did stuff like this all the time.  He was an actual farmer.  I just pretend to be!  But it's fun to do projects like this and it makes me think of him.  I have no idea how he did it all without the internet though!  I'd be lost without it.

Might take me a week or two to get going on the frame fix and the loader swap.  But I'll post my progress when I do.

If anyone comes across an oil cooler for a '75 444, I'd love to buy it.

Thanks again!

#19 coldone OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 08:44 AM

Here is a used oil cooler.

#20 whitefishblues OFFLINE  

• Member No: 41816
  • 49 Thanks
  • 43 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 09:26 PM

The oil cooler on mine has ends at opposite corners.  The ends are on the same side on the one in that listing.  

Attached Thumbnails

• Case 444 Oil Cooler.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: case 444, ark 400, kubota, g5200