2 replies to this topic

#1 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

• Contributor
  • Member No: 535
  • 478 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 03:10 PM

I have a few set of Deestone 4x8 three rib tires with tubes. for sale $60 dollars a set. Will have them at the tractor show at Dover pa. Thanks Josh :thumbs:

• ckjakline, JRJ and OkieGt have said thanks

#2 OkieGt OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 03:38 PM

That's a pretty good deal with tubes. Just for the record that size is actually 4.00-8, and they are best used with a older narrower rim under 4 inches wide than the standard front rim which is maybe 5 or 5-1/2 inches wide. if you use 4.00-8 on the wider rim they will be real short and the outside tri-ribs may spread onto the side wall. Many of the pre-1967 tractors used narrow rims, Cub Simplicity, Allis, Bolens, etc. The Simplicity/Allis tractors used Timken style tapered roller bearings, not the 1-3/8" roller bearings on most other brands. Not a problem, but if you buy the rims try and get the bearings as well because otherwise they are 8.00 each and you need 4. The old Simplicity/Allis rims have pressed in bearing races, I'm not sure if you got them out if you could use the 1-3/8" roller bearings, you might have to go up to the 1-5/8" roller bearing, but that would still be cheaper than the Timken tapered bearings.

• twostep said thank you

#3 ckjakline OFFLINE  

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,052 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 06:10 PM

I'll have to stop by and get a set before they're gone. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale