21 replies to this topic

#16 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 07:51 PM

They made the change at the beginning of the 1975 model year.

They made the change at the beginning of the 1975 model year.

Thanks, my 1975 Allis 716H was one of the first, I wasn't sure, I'm sure glad there's somebody else that  knows all this history!!!

#17 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 07:55 PM

Greetings from another person who is into these tractors, is a Mopar nut, is also from PA, and while I'm not into Harleys, I do live in York where they're made.  I have an earlier Broadmoor for parts, two Homesteaders (the later Allis Chalmers version of the Broadmoor) and various attachments.

I responded in your mower deck thread.  Did you have any luck with getting the front raised?

Mopar nut all they way here since 1976, I just bought one of the new Dodge Dart Turbo Limited models fully loaded, what a sweet ride

#18 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 08:11 PM

:welcometogttalk:

#19 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,569 Thanks
  • 3,951 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 04:40 AM

Welcome to the site! I can't help you with the tractor, just wanted to say hi from Lancaster.

I have gotten into your area fairly often with construction. Lots of grocery stores along County Line road.

#20 Radarsonwheels OFFLINE  

Radarsonwheels
  • Member No: 41776
  • 7 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 08:42 AM

Wow the great info keeps on comin!! Thanks everybody!

I did get the mower deck goin a little better. I got some bushings for the bigger holes on the front bracket mount and it both lifted the front some and allowed the wishbone to do its job.

I finished mowing the lawn but it's still cutting a touch lower than I would like. I had skipped a week and the grass was a little tall, then mowed just over putting green height with the front blade in a few stripes. I just wanted to see if it would cut at all! I raked and bagged five construction bags of clippings!

Before my next cut I'm going to get under there and try to get the deck height right and level. The little T handle is at the limit of its travel so I am not sure if the roller bar mount is working as it should. It has been screwed with at some point and sports double nutted 1/4-20 bolts above the stock bolts that slide in the slots. The manual seems to show only one bolt there? Just one bolt lets the roller bar mis align with the up/down slot.
I should be able to figure it out- it's just 8th grade geometry... "Should" haha

On the mopar front I have Abodies: A 73 swinger, formerly 198cid now 318/904. Currently getting quarters and lotsa patches for paint. Also a 72 demon 340/4spd that I built a 408 stroker smallblock for. I sold my '53 3/4 ton pickup but that technlogy was the closest to my broadmoor! I used to daily drive a garage built shovelhead until I bought a basketcase softail and wrecked it (bad accident caused by idiot driver) so now I'm whippin' a durango.

Nice to meet y'all and thanks for all the great info!
  • OkieGt said thank you

#21 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 12:12 PM

Wow the great info keeps on comin!! Thanks everybody!

I did get the mower deck goin a little better. I got some bushings for the bigger holes on the front bracket mount and it both lifted the front some and allowed the wishbone to do its job.

I finished mowing the lawn but it's still cutting a touch lower than I would like. I had skipped a week and the grass was a little tall, then mowed just over putting green height with the front blade in a few stripes. I just wanted to see if it would cut at all! I raked and bagged five construction bags of clippings!

Before my next cut I'm going to get under there and try to get the deck height right and level. The little T handle is at the limit of its travel so I am not sure if the roller bar mount is working as it should. It has been screwed with at some point and sports double nutted 1/4-20 bolts above the stock bolts that slide in the slots. The manual seems to show only one bolt there? Just one bolt lets the roller bar mis align with the up/down slot.
I should be able to figure it out- it's just 8th grade geometry... "Should" haha

On the mopar front I have Abodies: A 73 swinger, formerly 198cid now 318/904. Currently getting quarters and lotsa patches for paint. Also a 72 demon 340/4spd that I built a 408 stroker smallblock for. I sold my '53 3/4 ton pickup but that technlogy was the closest to my broadmoor! I used to daily drive a garage built shovelhead until I bought a basketcase softail and wrecked it (bad accident caused by idiot driver) so now I'm whippin' a durango.

Nice to meet y'all and thanks for all the great info!

Download the operator manual for the mower and deck and it will show you how to adjust the deck, you might not be able to do so without it. Also check and see if you are running the recommended air pressure in your tires, that makes a BIG difference as well. If you cant find the manual on this sight PM me and I'll send it to you, or download it here if I remember how. Good Luck

#22 Radarsonwheels OFFLINE  

Radarsonwheels
  • Member No: 41776
  • 7 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 04:28 PM

I downloaded and printed a mower deck manual- someone gave me a link to one on another thread here. My repair manual just arrived yesterday from jensales- it looks pretty comprehensive