• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fishingbud OFFLINE  

fishingbud
  • Member No: 37921
  • 41 Thanks
  • 64 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 12:39 AM

Where has everyone gotten their tires? Im looking for tractor lug type tires and plain ribbed on the front of my mf7. Tanks for any replies
  • JRJ said thank you

#2 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 03:09 AM

I ordered mine through a local tire shop (Carlisle Tru-Powers and some ribbed front tires). I researched what I needed online and had them order and mount them for me.

• JRJ said thank you

#3 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 06:10 AM

I've bought several times from these folks. http://www.millertire.com/

Always a pleasant experience. Just earlier this week I ordered lugs and tri-ribs

for the MF8Exec I'm working on. I should be getting them today.

• Sawdust said thank you

#4 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 07:38 AM

you wont find them anywhere cheaper than ebay, for a MF-7 just type in the size of the trire for the reat and ad the word AG or Lug, same for the front, type the size and the word tri-rib, you can save 25 percent or more using ebay and many times sellers offer free shipping

#5 Farmette47456 OFFLINE  

Farmette47456

• Member No: 8003
  • 5 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 07:45 AM

There are usually vendors at GT shows as well.  Picked up a set of lugs for the rear and tririb for the fronts last year at the Portland Indiana show.  Prices were about the same that I was finding on eBay..

#6 gtcsreg OFFLINE  

gtcsreg
  • Member No: 25875
  • 1,665 Thanks
  • 1,646 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 09:27 AM

Ordered mine online rears from ebay.  They were from a tire shop in Ohio.  The people were nice but a word of caution, Unless you can get someone to physically measure the tires they may not match the posted specs.  Even if there is a second set of measurement they may only be manufacturer spec and not correct.  Mine were shorter than I had hoped because of that.  My fronts were Carlisles ordered from Powersports (Division of Summit Racing) and were perfect.  Hope this helps and good luck.

• Sawdust and OkieGt have said thanks

#7 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 03:28 PM

Ordered mine online rears from ebay.  They were from a tire shop in Ohio.  The people were nice but a word of caution, Unless you can get someone to physically measure the tires they may not match the posted specs.  Even if there is a second set of measurement they may only be manufacturer spec and not correct.  Mine were shorter than I had hoped because of that.  My fronts were Carlisles ordered from Powersports (Division of Summit Racing) and were perfect.  Hope this helps and good luck.

I agree with GTcsreg, I've been ordering Carlisles from Summit racing for not much more than the cheaper models of Deestone, etc and they measure up and hare true ply ratings, not "rated as" ply. I have been extremely pleased with prices and quality. My only squawk is their site is very hard to search and find the the right size, they are there, they just dont show up in on site search. If you have a problem and cant find your size let me know what your looking for, I think I found a way to search their files for the right size

• gtcsreg and Sawdust have said thanks