#1 LilysDad OFFLINE  

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,245 Thanks
  • 7,476 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 01:09 PM

Marine Myles Kerr loses 5K race on purpose!

• daytime dave, MH81, hamman and 8 others have said thanks

#2 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,275 Thanks
  • 4,031 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 01:25 PM

What a great selfless act that was! It's also great to see a happy news story for a change.

Thanks for sharing!

• EricFromPa, LilysDad and JRJ have said thanks

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 01:29 PM

What a great selfless act that was! It's also great to see a happy news story for a change.

Thanks for sharing!

I second that!

• EricFromPa, chris m, LilysDad and 1 other said thanks

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 01:49 PM

That is cool!! With so many stories in the news of people who lack character ethics and principle(too often in a position of leadership), it is nice to hear of a man of priciple, charcter and ethics.

I would bet there is a young boy who will never forget that experience.

Edited by JD DANNELS, August 01, 2013 - 01:51 PM.

• EricFromPa, HDWildBill, chris m and 2 others have said thanks

#5 hamman OFFLINE  

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,528 Thanks
  • 2,552 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 01:51 PM

OOOHHRAAAHHHH ! Awesome Marine. What a selfless act for a complete stranger. Just what you would expect from an American warrior. A friend (distant relative actually) was there at the finish to see this. She said there wasn't a dry eye to be seen. Roger. 

• EricFromPa, KennyP, chris m and 2 others have said thanks

#6 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,178 Thanks
  • 2,255 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 04:07 PM

Just Awesome!

My grandpa told me this a long long time ago and I live by it.

"Selflessness will reward you more than ANY monetary reward you could possibly gain"

I'm glad others still believe in the simpler times.

• KennyP, chris m, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#7 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,653 Thanks
  • 8,527 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 04:22 PM

Thanks for sharing this.  It is always good to see a man take time out of what ever he is doing to help someone, especially a young boy. 

I agree JD that it is not often we hear in the news about the good in the world, it is always about the negative.

• JD DANNELS, EricFromPa, chris m and 1 other said thanks

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,702 Thanks
  • 28,346 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 05:34 PM

Seem to have something in my eye.
  • JD DANNELS, EricFromPa, chris m and 1 other said thanks

#9 shorty OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,326 Thanks
  • 3,752 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 07:30 PM

It is great to hear of one who put aside his goal for the day to totally make the day for a younger boy. I am sure when he started he had a goal. 

• EricFromPa and chris m have said thanks

#10 Sawdust OFFLINE  

• Member No: 36549
  • 4,516 Thanks
  • 2,827 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 08:17 PM

I use to have a sign ministry at our old church & this is one of the 100 plus messages I used. 

"Sometimes winning is helping someone else cross the finish line". Stories like this are refreshing.

• EricFromPa, KennyP and chris m have said thanks

#11 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 6,332 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 08:27 PM

Thanks for sharing this story.  That's the stuff REAL heroes are made of.  It's nice to see there are still some decent people out there.

• EricFromPa and chris m have said thanks

#12 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,153 Thanks
  • 4,565 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 10:26 PM

Great story LD!!! :thumbs:

In our neck of the woods we have been working on helping an older lady with a problem whe's been enduring here..

She works at the local Dollar General'  (AKA-  Avon's "MACY's"!) :rocker2:  for minimum wage and was away from the cashier's station stocking shelves last week..  The cashiers kept their purses on a shelf there by the register and a recently released felon spotted the purse there and....

Yuppers--->  You guessed it!!  He grabbed her purse and bolted out the door! :wallbanging:  

So the thief made off with all her $$$, her Credit cards and worse yet...   Her car keys!  The A-hole then proceeded to take a joy ride in her car all the way down to South Carolina where johnny Law finally caught up to him and arrested his a$$!!  

So the car went off to the impound in S.C. and the A-hole got a free ride back to NY courtesy of the US Taxpayers!  After he is tried and convicted he will get housing and TV and 3 square meals a day all on us!!  Meanwhile, the lady gets a call telling her that they found her car and where she could pick it up..  SOUTH CAROLINA?!?!?!?!   :say_what:  :wtf:    

She didn't have the $$$ or means to hop on her private jet and go get the thing let alone buy herself a plane ticket one way, short notice to go down and get it!  In short-  She was in a pickle!!  A co-worker of hers made some noise and gathered up some donations from friends to help the lady out of the jam whe was in..  Meanwhile, my wife heard of it and she handles all of the Wholesale shipments for her dealer so she pulled some strings to get a Transporter to pick the car up and bring it home for $500..  Originally we had heard the tow company had a heart and was just going to let her pick the car up but we were wrong..  He wanted $325 for storage and towing.. :ah_shoot:   My wife called the company (Bob's towing or something like that) and BOB wouldn't accept a credit card over the phone and wanted a Money Order..  OK..  SOOOO  The Cash was taken to a bank and a Money Order was bought in the woman's name to ease an confusion on BOB's part..  The Money order was packed with a copy of the car's tiltle and sent 2-day air to Backwoods Bob and his towing co. via FED EX with the woman's name as the return adressee.  

All was set to go smoothly and pick-up was all set up to happen today until...

The Transporter showed up to get the car but Cletus (Bob) didn't receive the Money Order??!?!? :hitting_self_roller:

So my wife calls FED UP with EX and after all the dang prompts and computer crap-ola got ahold of a lady and asks where the package she sent  and should be there IS?  The chick tells her-  Sorry but there was an error in our sorting room and the package went to Wisconsin..  My wife proceeded to blow up the phone (all while she acted like the lady you know) and the Transporter did the lady a huge favor and put the charges on his CC..  

So now the car is finally on its way back home..  Sometimes helping someone out hurts!!  My wife told me about what transpired this afternoon and when she told me about the irate FED EX call I told her, That poor woman might have the cops banging on her door because of your phone call!!   :bigrofl:   It brightened her day up a bit..  

I'm proud of her and every one else who pitched in to help that poor lady!!  

**That felon should have walked all the way home for what he did to her!! :bs:   

• KennyP, HDWildBill and LilysDad have said thanks