5 replies to this topic

#1 earthgrinder OFFLINE  

earthgrinder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 450
  • 817 Thanks
  • 355 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 08:50 AM

Here are some photos of attachments I have for some of my Rototillers.  There are video clips of these attachments in use on my YouTube channel

100_5883 (Large).jpg 100_5890 (Large).jpg IMG_5009 (Large).JPG

• Bolens 1000, daytime dave, MH81 and 6 others have said thanks

#2 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 11:33 AM

Man that power saw is a testament to the need of power tools. I've seen several other model that had table saws and other household driven items. Makes you wonder how many of them really caught on. Like to see that again after you restore it.

• earthgrinder said thank you

#3 earthgrinder OFFLINE  

earthgrinder

• Contributor
  • 817 Thanks
  • 355 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 12:14 PM

Believe it or not that unit is NOS.  A collector friend made it possible for me to get this from a long closed dealership down the street from his house.  In fact the cone mower is almost new.  It may have been a demonstrator unit.  It sure was not used much.  I got a generator, dozer blade, double row planter for a Frazer, and reel mower attachment for the two wheeled Rototillers that are also NOS.  My friend got a NOS Roto-ette Home Gardener that was hanging from the ceiling in the shop.  It had never been run until he acquired it.

Here is a photo of how it was when I got it.

100_5884 (Large).jpg

Edited by earthgrinder, August 01, 2013 - 03:43 PM.

• daytime dave said thank you

#4 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 12:44 AM

So you basically got it in the factory bundle. hard to decide what to do with one of those. Several friends of mine have gotten NOS DB attachments, and almost went nuts on whether or not to mount them on the tractor.  

#5 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 07:36 AM

You struck gold there.  Those are some pretty cool attachments.  I love that cone device and video.  Thanks for sharing them.

#6 earthgrinder OFFLINE  

earthgrinder

• Contributor
  • 817 Thanks
  • 355 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 08:26 AM

So you basically got it in the factory bundle. hard to decide what to do with one of those. Several friends of mine have gotten NOS DB attachments, and almost went nuts on whether or not to mount them on the tractor.  

From the start I knew I was going to unpack and use it.  For one thing, it had been sitting in a damp building for years and the paint was in very poor condition.  The actual saw and operating handle was not with this particular unit.  The original one was rusted badly to the point that the rollers on the bow saw were rusted solid.  I had gotten another handle with saw mounted that was actually for the 2 wheeled tillers, that is why it was painted red.  They were identical except for a slight bend near the handle pivot point.  I have 2 extra bow saws with blades plus what is on the assembled unit - all NOS.