Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

I Think My Bobcat Just Ate My Woodchuck!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,762 Thanks
  • 7,528 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 07:31 AM

you never know what lurks around at night, i was called into work early one day and driving down the escarpment not far from my house when a deer shot by less than 50 feet ahead of me and 10 feet behind him a massive cougar, told the boys at work, assured them i was not drunk or had be smoking something funny, buy they all laughed and thought i was stupid or a lier, but a week went by and the ministry of agriculture put out a warning it was confirmed there was a male cougar on the prowl in our area, so try and get some pics,and remember we on gttalk believe you ha ha ha

We have a bunch of pumas in Connecticut but the State denies that they exist. What other animal leaves deer carcases 20 feet up a tree? I worry about when a child is grabbed. Good Luck, Rick

#17 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,604 Thanks
  • 7,659 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 10:43 AM

We have a bunch of pumas in Connecticut but the State denies that they exist. What other animal leaves deer carcases 20 feet up a tree? I worry about when a child is grabbed. Good Luck, Rick

Ummmmh. . . . .      Mothman?    Big Feet???

#18 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 10:29 PM

I got to discussing "lions" with a tech at our veterinarian's office a couple years back.  She works with horses in Western CT and has seen the same lion crossing and near the road several times going back and forth.  The EnCon Dept. tries to tell everybody it's just not possible but we've had a genuine moose here in Dutchess County NY twice in the last 5 years or so.  Large animals do not listen to advice from state EnCon officials.

I've not read any "Mothman" reports in this region, only a pretty well researched Bigfoot sighting near Stissing Mt area and another near Rhinebeck NY...  We're pretty close to the right-of-way convergence of several big power lines right here and Wifey is always hoping for a sighting of a bear at the bird feeders after she saw one of the mooses (meese?) a while back. 

If you look at a map (remember those things we used before Google Earth? :D) you can see it's pretty near all woods from here in Dutchess county and Connecticut all the way to the North Pole.  Big cats, etc. are more likely than not to exist in these extensive forests.

Edited by HydroHarold, August 02, 2013 - 10:31 PM.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#19 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 07:05 AM

I saw a black bear down in Massachusetts a couple of weeks ago. I thought that was unusual, but after checking it out on the web, not so much. I've never seen one in Maine.

Joe

#20 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,604 Thanks
  • 7,659 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 07:23 AM

My daughter had a black bear sighting practically in her back yard in the urban Portsmouth/Chesapeake area. With the Dismal Swamp so close, you have to wonder why a bear would go looking for trouble.