#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 06:04 PM

This late winter bought this White. Barely ran with choke all the way out. Starter after 20secs or more cranking. I was gonna pull carb and work on it, but now have decided to pass on the whole rig and take to a show for sale. SO, put carb filter back on and items. Started with long crank first time, but starts now real quick. Actually runs with choke off and drove it around some, best it's ever run! Hmmm! Put the deck back on. That would always kill the engine before even tho it wasn't jambed anywhere. This time it came on, stayed running just fine and I went out and tried cutting the Lawn. It did great!  Not sure what is going on, didn't really do anything to it to change cept carb cleaner in gas and setting awhile. Took for spin on road wide open and then it started to hunt and pulse and when came back, not so good running again. Weird thing. I was thinking maybe I should keep it, then changed mind when it acted up again. SO, going to sale now. See it in Portland, IN sale third week in August.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,772 Thanks
  • 7,539 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 06:14 PM

Its probably crud in the fuel system. Good Luck, Rick

#3 Arti OFFLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,288 Thanks
  • 962 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 06:22 PM

I would clean up the fuel system.. Clean the bowl on the carb . If you keep it it will probably run and if you sell it it will be worth more.

#4 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 07:35 PM

Grumpy

Before you get rid of it, pull the top off the carb and see if you have sediment that is intermittently clogging your jets... also, sometime the float will hang up and not let the fuel fill the bowl--esp. true with plastic floats--you may want to look at a metal float.

That is a good machine... it's worth a little more effort to find out why it's acting up.

Smitty

#5 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted August 11, 2013 - 01:41 PM

I'm Done with it! Selling bunch of my stuff now. Some have left this week and trying for more at Portland. I have run it quite a bit lately and it seems to be starting easier and not needing choke on to stay running. I even went and mowed some in low range, which works better for mowing than the high.  Does alright when it wants to!   Note on deck: It is big 60" and heavy and doesn't work well in my ditch area. The sides ride up on side of ditch and lower end on raised berm and it pushes deck up, stops tractor and spins and even had the driveshaft for it bumping at one time. Would be better for flatter lawn for sure. Also, when you bump things with outer edges, the whole tractor moves sideways, no deck play on this one!  I hate big decks, stick out too far for mowing and storing in garage too.

Well, guess I've slammed it enough now, feeling bad for that! You buy it and make it nice, I'm not going to anymore.

#6 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted August 16, 2013 - 06:45 PM

Well, mowed more with the White today and is running pretty good! That big deck takes a big swath!  Wants to scalp on high ridges like my yard has tho, not real flexible in that action. First start still takes lots of time, but once been running is instant. Weird!!  Controls and safety switches are starting to work, just from using them I guess. Pto won't allow reverse when on, the seat switch works now, didn't before. Levers are pulling some easier, even tho I never got to looking at them. Just think it needed to run some.