Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Got Some Bad News And Got Some Good News.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 07:07 PM

I hope all goes well. Sounds like the Doc has it all figured out.

Looking to hear from you soon.

• Fabman, oldedeeres and JRJ have said thanks

#17 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 07:51 PM

Randy we have you in the Loop s we got you covered. Also prayers to you.

Dick

• Fabman and oldedeeres have said thanks

#18 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 08:24 PM

Sorry to here the news Randy, but I'm glad your doctor caught it early! We'll be praying for you here in LIL Ole Rhode Island!

Keep us posted! And we'll be looking forward to your return!!

#19 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 08:39 PM

Randy, prayers will go out for you my friend!  Thank you for allowing us to know about this.  You will be uncomfortable a while, but they'll get you fixed up I'm sure. Sounds like it's isolated & totally curable. We'll leave a light on for ya, but you likely won't be gone long from here.  After all, you may lose speech for a bit, but those typing fingers will still work just fine!   :thumbs:

#20 Fabman OFFLINE  

Fabman

• Member No: 3229
  • 257 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 09:52 PM

Thanks for all the responces guys it really helps. Ya know i'v smoked for alot of yrs. and have been welding for over 40yrs in alot of nasty enviorments and to have this only in my throat makes me feel very fortunate.
  • chris m and oldedeeres have said thanks

#21 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 10:00 PM

Thanks for all the responces guys it really helps. Ya know i'v smoked for alot of yrs. and have been welding for over 40yrs in alot of nasty enviorments and to have this only in my throat makes me feel very fortunate.

What do you expect! We are all like family on here! :D Now go get better so you ca do another 40 years of welding :rolling:

• Fabman said thank you

#22 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,866 Thanks
  • 3,198 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 11:19 PM

We're hoping for the best Fabman, catching it early makes all the diference and it sounds like you have a good Dr. to get moving on it right away.
  • Fabman said thank you

#23 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 12:06 AM

Good luck and I'm thinking of you! 

• Fabman said thank you

#24 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,646 Thanks
  • 7,675 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 07:54 AM

You know, when I had my op, I couldn't talk for awhile. I had to write notes to everyone. I quickly found out, by the time I wrote it out, no one cared what I had to say anymore. Did you ever try to argue with someone on paper??? It's pretty exhausting!

#25 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 08:58 AM

Randy, I hope all goes well.  You will be in my thoughts.

• Fabman said thank you

#26 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 09:00 PM

You know, when I had my op, I couldn't talk for awhile. I had to write notes to everyone. I quickly found out, by the time I wrote it out, no one cared what I had to say anymore. Did you ever try to argue with someone on paper??? It's pretty exhausting!

Much like a tractor forum. :poke:

What was that again?

• LilysDad said thank you

#27 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 09:06 PM

Randy, Sorry for being late, but You are on Our PRAYER list. I hope all went well today and we will keep you lifted in PRAYER!!

#28 Fabman OFFLINE  

Fabman

• Member No: 3229
  • 257 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 04:48 PM

Just wanted to give all of my dad's followers a update as to how he's doing. As a testament to how strong my father really is, he under went 15+ hours of surgery yesterday to remove tumors around his throat. Everything went well and the surgery was far longer then we thought it would be but like the Dr's said "the reason it took so long, is because we are being that particular and doing it right". The plan was to keep him asleep and on the vent until today but once again he surprised us all and was off the vent, awake and following direction 1hr post op. Today day 2 he continues to improve yet at times the pain is a lot. Again tho, my father doesn't ask for pain meds and just sucks it up. I thought I was tough being a former Bomb Tech for the United States Army. Serving one year in Iraq looking for bombs I thought I was tough, but I am no where near as tough as him. He has endured a major surgery and all he's really worried about is US his family and of course his garden. :smilewink: He has many long days ahead but as he has proven to us over the last 24 hours, he is up to the challenge. I am hoping to get some time with him later because I know he's wanting to update you all himself. But he's gonna have to get that OK'd by the BOSS my mother before he is allowed online. I know he is thankful for all the support you all have given him and as his Son I can't thank you enough.

• olcowhand, MH81, Texas Deere and Horse and 4 others have said thanks

#29 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,293 Thanks
  • 28,625 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 05:30 PM

Just wanted to give all of my dad's followers a update as to how he's doing. As a testament to how strong my father really is, he under went 15+ hours of surgery yesterday to remove tumors around his throat. Everything went well and the surgery was far longer then we thought it would be but like the Dr's said "the reason it took so long, is because we are being that particular and doing it right". The plan was to keep him asleep and on the vent until today but once again he surprised us all and was off the vent, awake and following direction 1hr post op. Today day 2 he continues to improve yet at times the pain is a lot. Again tho, my father doesn't ask for pain meds and just sucks it up. I thought I was tough being a former Bomb Tech for the United States Army. Serving one year in Iraq looking for bombs I thought I was tough, but I am no where near as tough as him. He has endured a major surgery and all he's really worried about is US his family and of course his garden. :smilewink: He has many long days ahead but as he has proven to us over the last 24 hours, he is up to the challenge. I am hoping to get some time with him later because I know he's wanting to update you all himself. But he's gonna have to get that OK'd by the BOSS my mother before he is allowed online. I know he is thankful for all the support you all have given him and as his Son I can't thank you enough.

Please tell Dad we will continue to pray for good reports and a speedy recovery.

Thanks for taking the time to update us and tell Mom we understand. :smilewink:
  • Texas Deere and Horse, Fabman and oldedeeres have said thanks

#30 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 05:36 PM

I second what Alan said. And my Family will continue to hold your Dad up to our Father in PRAYER.

• Fabman said thank you