9 replies to this topic

#1 amilovanov OFFLINE  

amilovanov
  • Member No: 41832
  • 3 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 08:13 AM

Hello,

I am new to this forum just got registreted. I am from eastern europe Bulgaraia, I recdently both a gravely 816s traktor in very bad shape, my idea is to restore it and use it for cutting grass, and plowing some land. the trik is that it has nothing, it even misses the hydraulic equipment, it also misses the rottor which transfer the power to the back or front for the equipment. My question is can you help me out with parts, shops where I can buy parts, so i can make full use of it. I managed to download some manuals. If anyone needs more detail information I will be happy to post some pics, and some pictures of exactly what I need. Sorry for my bad English but it is my second language so I am not perfect.

Thank you in advance

Alex

• boyscout862 and JRJ have said thanks

#2 Guest_gravely-power_*

Guest_gravely-power_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted July 30, 2013 - 08:21 AM

Welcome. Pictures are very helpful when looking for parts and equipment. I am sure everything you may need is available through this forum.

• amilovanov said thank you

#3 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,786 Thanks
  • 7,539 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 08:43 AM

Welcome to GTT. Our sponsors can help you. If you have the ability, you can make some of the parts. You can also find attachments from other tractors and adapt them to your machine. Posting pictures will help with specific questions. Good Luck, Rick

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 01:16 PM

Welcome to GTTalk. I have sent you a Private Message (It will show up as a red 1 in the envelope icon at the top of the page). I have attached some files of Gravely information that should help you. 

#5 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 05:55 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Ben W.

#6 saleen322 OFFLINE  

saleen322

• Member No: 3625
  • 18 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 05:51 PM

I have restored a number of Gravelys as they are great machines. However if you have to buy a lot of parts, it can soon be a very expensive proposition. My advice is to advertise and look around for another parts machine as that will save you money in the long run. The good thing is, so many of the 800 series tractors used the same basic parts. Good luck and let us know if we can be of more help.

#7 amilovanov OFFLINE  

amilovanov
  • 3 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 08:13 AM

Hi everyone, sorry for the late responce but I was travelling, thank you very much for all the quick responces, now to the point. I decided that it will be better to put a hydraulic pump on the traktor, and to put hydraulic motor on the grass cutter, so basically every grasscutter will do just fine. Now the biger issue, I am uploading some pictures of the traktor, it came with the original engine i think it was 16,5 h.p. we have a brand new engine 18 h.p. , everithing matches except the connection to the gearbox, the old one is normal shape iron stick with just a chanel for the gear, but the new one is cone shape, I will put pictures, my question is : is there some sort of universal solution for this or shoul;d I make some sort of a cap to make the cone look lilke the old one?

#8 amilovanov OFFLINE  

amilovanov
  • 3 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 08:24 AM

Hi everyone, sorry for the late responce but I was travelling, thank you very much for all the quick responces, now to the point. I decided that it will be better to put a hydraulic pump on the traktor, and to put hydraulic motor on the grass cutter, so basically every grasscutter will do just fine. Now the biger issue, I am uploading some pictures of the traktor, it came with the original engine i think it was 16,5 h.p. we have a brand new engine 18 h.p. , everithing matches except the connection to the gearbox, the old one is normal shape iron stick with just a chanel for the gear, but the new one is cone shape, I will put pictures, my question is : is there some sort of universal solution for this or shoul;d I make some sort of a cap to make the cone look lilke the old one?

This are the pictures, If needed I will make more

Wish you all the best 

Alex

Attached Thumbnails

• New Engine 2.JPG
  • New engine 4.jpg
  • New engine cone.JPG
  • New Engine.jpg
  • Old engine 2.JPG
  • Old Engine.JPG
  • Traktor 2.JPG
  • Traktor 3.JPG
  • Traktor.jpg

• boyscout862 said thank you

#9 saleen322 OFFLINE  

saleen322

• Member No: 3625
  • 18 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 08:55 AM

Alex,

Gravelys use a unique gear drive system that mounts directly into the transmission. Engines made by Kohler, Onan, Briggs & Stratton, etc for a Gravely; all have a unique specification for the shaft so the bevel gear will mount correctly. The gear has to fit exactly right so that it meshes with the transmission gears. That is why you can't take say a Kohler K321 from a John Deere and bolt it into a Gravely as the specification is different primarily because of the output shaft size. Gravely's used a bunch of K321s but the shafts are different and they do not directly interchange with other makes of tractors. I don't know a way you can make another engine shaft fit short of changing the crankshaft to the correct one. 

• boyscout862 said thank you

#10 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,786 Thanks
  • 7,539 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 08:58 AM

The tapered power take off shaft is usually found on direct connected generators. An adapter may work, but you will need a good metal lathe. Good Luck, Rick

• saleen322 said thank you