• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guard OFFLINE  

• Member No: 41804
  • 2 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 02:36 AM

Hello all. I'm new to this forum.

I have a used LGT14D but the PTO won't disengage when the lever is pulled back. To make it stop, I have to shut off the engine. Is there any way to fix this? Not only that, the cruise control level won't stay engaged either. I have to hold it down for it to stay engaged.  Is this normal? It doesn't come with the manual. I've been searching online as well as this forum for a manual but couldn't find any. The closest that I've come across finding the manual is from this thread by a member here by the name of Nigel888; but since it's been moved by the admin, I don't know how to access the uploaded file. If anyone can show me, that would be awesome.

This is my first lawn mower and I'm not mechanically inclined either. All advices and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• boyscout862 and JRJ have said thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 06:39 AM

Welcome to the forum! You've got a very nice tractor in that 14D. There is a large contingent of Ford owners on here and someone should be able to help you out on these issues. It's pretty normal for older tractors to have a few issues like those you are describing. Have you had a look through the manuals section for info that might help. I'm no expert but I believe the chassis on the diesel version of the LGT is very similar to the gas powered models. 

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,660 Thanks
  • 39,030 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 06:48 AM

Welcome to the forum. The manual you are looking for is here. And here is the deck manual.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,511 Thanks
  • 7,376 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 07:04 AM

Welcome to GTT. You have a great tractor. You have done very well. Here is the owners manual http://gardentractor...tors-manualpdf/   http://gardentractor...-attachmentpdf/

It will be a good learning experience for you to go through all of the maintenance proceedures. The problems you are describing may simply need adjustments as the manual describes.

This manual may help you with the more complicated things. http://gardentractor...-repair-manual/

Relax, take your time and read through the instructions before staring on any of the work. Use good quality tools, poor quality will slip and hurt you. Clean the tractor before you start. Dirt on the outside will get inside when you are working on something and dirt kills machines. If a bolt is stuck, spray PB Blaster or another brand of bolt loosener on to make it easier. You may have to let it soak for awhile. I'm afraid of breaking 4 bolts on my Ford LGT125 so, I've been soaking them for months. When you have a question, ask us. Include pictures if you can. Remember, we are all in this together. Good Luck, Rick

• KennyP and JRJ have said thanks

#5 skinamarink OFFLINE  

• Member No: 12756
  • 1 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted September 30, 2013 - 11:09 AM

Mine did the same thing until I replaced the control cable on it, about 50 bucks for it and still available through Ford/New Holland