#16 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 09:40 PM

I'm really glad John Deere changed the paint scheme of the red and yellow 110. I just can't get excited over that prototype color combination. (No offense Brandon).

Lots of nice stuff, and lots of really rare stuff. Thanks again guys for posting pictures!

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#17 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 09:50 PM

I'm really glad John Deere changed the paint scheme of the red and yellow 110. I just can't get excited over that prototype color combination. (No offense Brandon).

Lots of nice stuff, and lots of really rare stuff. Thanks again guys for posting pictures!

As I understand it Troy, Deere did it to keep the competition from easily recognizing it in the fields working and testing. I read that somewhere, but don't remember where.

• johndeereelfman and twostep have said thanks

#18 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 10:23 PM

Daniel..............You are CORRECT...................we took a buttload of pics ( I should say that CJ took a buttload of pics)  I posted most of them on my Facebook page but havent taken the time to upload them to Photobucket (probably because I dont care for Photobucket) and because Webshots totally screwed up their website.

Danie, have you ever heard of Fair Oaks Farms in Indiana?  We stopped and did the tour on the way home Monday.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#19 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 10:25 PM

Robert, why not just upload them here from everyone to enjoy. I put all mine right here on the sight.

• twostep said thank you

#20 MAV OFFLINE  

MAV

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 487
  • 108 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 04:26 PM

As I understand it Troy, Deere did it to keep the competition from easily recognizing it in the fields working and testing. I read that somewhere, but don't remember where.

That is the same thing that I have been told. Also there is no John Deere name on the tractor.  From what I understand is that they did some of the testing in Florida.

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#21 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 06:34 PM

Daniel, have you ever heard of Fair Oaks Farms in Indiana?  We stopped and did the tour on the way home Monday.

Yeah, heard a lot & seen video of that tiny little dairy.  Who in their right mind wants to milk 5,000 cows at a single location, plus have another the same size!!   NOT me!

#22 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 07:10 PM

From what I understood, there are 5 different locations and the one that we visited was milking 2800 PER DAY and that is THREE Times a day................definitely a neat operation.  I still want to shadow you when I come up for the plow day.

I will see what I can do about uploading my pics on here. Will have to figure it out.

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#23 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted August 06, 2013 - 06:51 PM

That's a nice looking little custom 70 Patio that you posted a picture of MAV. There are three 70's right now out in my garage, one is Caleb's (jdelfjunior), one is Sissy's (jdelfette), and one is mine. Caleb is currently restoring his to original spec's, and Shayna wants her done in fluorescent colors, but mine???? Hhmmm. We just might have to go this custom color route. I kind of like the look. Although, when I do mine over, it won't exactly have the same shape as a 70, or even the same tires and wheels. Let's just say, I have big plans for this little tractor, and when I'm done with it, it won't be so little anymore! :(  Maybe do a little Don Campbell on it! :smilewink:

• MAV said thank you