• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Pudycatz OFFLINE  

Pudycatz
  • Member No: 41368
  • 41 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 12:30 PM

mower.JPG I noticed the rear mounting arms were not mounted to mower deck bracket the same. One is on the outside and one on the inside. Does this matter? The previous owner used it this way.

• JRJ and OkieGt have said thanks

#2 Pudycatz OFFLINE  

Pudycatz
  • 41 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 03:31 PM

After sharpening blades and hooking deck back up, drive shaft is turning slow. So slow blades are not turning fast enough to cut. I'm sure someone will have the solution.

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 03:34 PM

After sharpening blades and hooking deck back up, drive shaft is turning slow. So slow blades are not turning fast enough to cut. I'm sure someone will have the solution.

It sounds like the PTO clutch may not be engaging or a pin/key is sheared off somewhere in the drivetrain. 

• Pudycatz said thank you

#4 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 03:38 PM

attachicon.gifmower.JPGI noticed the rear mounting arms were not mounted to mower deck bracket the same. One is on the outside and one on the inside. Does this matter? The previous owner used it this way.

Just check the manual to be sure

#5 Pudycatz OFFLINE  

Pudycatz
  • 41 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 04:16 PM

Are both front pto belts the same size, after one came off I had both of them off and replaced. I didnt mark which was which. Just thought both were same size. I could have them reversed.

• OkieGt said thank you

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 05:25 PM

Are both front pto belts the same size, after one came off I had both of them off and replaced. I didnt mark which was which. Just thought both were same size. I could have them reversed.

Same belts, same size.   

#7 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 08:45 PM

Well are they the same size, the ones you have? and are they right size, I would check for the obvious, 

#8 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 09:25 PM

Did you get your slow turning driveshaft/mower deck problem solved??? I would guess you have a sheared pin on a driveshaft or dont have you belts tight. Do you have the belts on the idler pulley correct? Is your tensioner spring on your idler holding belts tight? As for your rear mower hanger brackets you questioned on your first post mine are positioned the same way as I've tried turning mine different ways with no luck so I presume they are correct. Sorry I can't be of anymore help! Luke

#9 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 11:25 AM

I can't remember, but I think the PTO shaft is splined in the front pulley, maybe splines are worn down causing it to slip.

I would check belts first and make sure they are correct ones and preoperly adjusted.