• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 869 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 10:46 PM

Well i am sure i will be getting an ear full from the jd boys,back in april as i said i was going to collect only wheel horses from now on and was going to part with my deeres, since then i have only been able to sell the h3, i have stupid offers $50 to $100 for them, one guy kindly offered to pick them up at no charge to me, these are running tractors, a 112 with deck, 210 with blower, 212 with deck and a 214, i will say i am keeping my jd 100 rf i like its size for my garden, anyhow i am reluctanly going to strip them down, keep the kohlers for my wheel horses as they are worth way more than i have been offered and try to sell some parts then scrap the rest, john deeres are everywhere here in southern ont, and extremly easy to find, but thats what i here about horses in some parts of the states,location location location and being able to but a brand new 24hp hydro from home depot for just over a thou does not help

Edited by farmer john, July 28, 2013 - 10:54 PM.

• hamman, HDWildBill, boyscout862 and 4 others have said thanks

#2 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted July 28, 2013 - 11:48 PM

untitled sinner.png Please do not destroy a piece of history.

Bad things may happen....................imagesCA88EBRS.jpg

imagesCAGZ2P91.jpg   LOL

I have 3-100 and 3-200 series John Deere's. I do know they are worth more to me than maybe others. I learned pretty fast that you wont make any money on these things. But that's not why I do it. I just enjoy it. I have a lot of colors in my shed and always wanting just one more!

Edited by A.C.T., July 29, 2013 - 01:11 AM.

• hamman and JRJ have said thanks

#3 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 12:23 AM

Say 12 Hail Masseys, 3 our Fords and perform three acts of transmission and you will be absolved.

• hamman, KennyP, HowardsMF155 and 7 others have said thanks

#4 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 12:29 AM

Well i am sure i will be getting an ear full from the jd boys,back in april as i said i was going to collect only wheel horses from now on and was going to part with my deeres, since then i have only been able to sell the h3, i have stupid offers $50 to $100 for them, one guy kindly offered to pick them up at no charge to me, these are running tractors, a 112 with deck, 210 with blower, 212 with deck and a 214, i will say i am keeping my jd 100 rf i like its size for my garden, anyhow i am reluctanly going to strip them down, keep the kohlers for my wheel horses as they are worth way more than i have been offered and try to sell some parts then scrap the rest, john deeres are everywhere here in southern ont, and extremly easy to find, but thats what i here about horses in some parts of the states,location location location and being able to but a brand new 24hp hydro from home depot for just over a thou does not help

I understand completely. I restored a JD214, new engine, paint, tires, seat, decals,everything. I had a super nice restored deck and a brand new deck and blade still strapped to a pallet with the dealer tags on it. It was for sale for over a year on craigslist and ebay before I took 600.00 for all of it, I had to I was broke. I tried to sell it in pieces and as a set, nobody wants a Deere around here. I think the fact that they made MILLIONS of them really hurts the price, as well as that most 100 and 200 series Deeres weren't the tractor a Wheel Horse was or even a Sears for that matter, They are severly overpriced for what you get in my opinion, they just have a nice look. Good luck and I'll stand by ya.

• boyscout862, A.C.T., farmer john and 1 other said thanks

#5 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,847 Thanks
  • 3,191 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 12:44 AM

Sack cloth and ashes, Farmer John, but I hear you---- seems things are only worth something if you're buying, not selling. The guy who offered to haul them away for you?  I'd be tempted to smack him along side of the cabbage  lol.      Wish we lived closer, the 210 would be a nice addition here.

• A.C.T., farmer john and OkieGt have said thanks

#6 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 01:14 AM

Just to add to mt comments, I wished I never sold mt 1965 JD110 RF, it was completely restored an was neat mahine, and I hope to have a 140 in my collection in the future, I just like the rarer tractors. (just trying to save my butt here, lol)

• boyscout862 said thank you

#7 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 869 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 07:08 AM

yes i know what your saying, but i know where there is a wh C 141, 312 A  and a ranger that i can get at a very reasonable price , all requiring motors, just dont see selling mine for $100 then going out and buying a motor for $150 and up,so of sacraficing one for the other

• boyscout862 and twostep have said thanks

#8 Guest_gravely-power_*

Guest_gravely-power_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted July 29, 2013 - 07:25 AM

Do it and don't look back.

• farmer john said thank you

#9 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 869 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 08:00 AM

yes i know i should , but its hard when its going against your nature, i had a guy wanting my h3 that i sold but when i heard they were goung to use it as a donor tractor i held firm on my price ( which i knew was too much) but finally she found a good home where she is getting a refit and new shoes, and some new attachments to play with, i sold her for considerably less than i expected, but i guess im an old softy at heart

Edited by farmer john, July 29, 2013 - 08:18 AM.

• twostep said thank you

#10 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,532 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 09:27 AM

Good Luck, everybody thinks that they are a picker and you should sell them gold at manure prices.

• twostep said thank you

#11 John@Reliable ONLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 09:53 AM

Do it and don't look back.

Agreed, besides there are so many a couple won't be missed :D

#12 lesmeister OFFLINE  

lesmeister
  • Member No: 30635
  • 185 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 09:54 AM

I wish you were closer to me, I would like to have some attachments for my deere's. Once again, location, Location, Location.

#13 vbob OFFLINE  

vbob

• Member No: 7162
  • 3 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 06:21 PM

:angel: Please do not tell me exactly what a act of transmission is, sounds dirty! :rolling: