• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 lesmeister ONLINE  

lesmeister
  • Member No: 30635
  • 185 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted July 27, 2013 - 10:08 AM

Howdy, I have had my deere die on me and this is what I have done and things I have checked. 1, is the starter spinning the engine fast enough to make the automatic compression release work? I had a 210 that would not run and it had fuel and fire and what I thought was enough compression but as it turned out it didn't. The engine has to spin faster than 650 rpm to let the acr give the engine full compression. The next thing I have run into is safety switches, but since you have fire you can probably scratch that problem out. Hope it is as simple as a good carb cleaning and hopefully I was able to help.
  • boyscout862 and larryd have said thanks

#17 larryd OFFLINE  

larryd
  • Member No: 15865
  • 724 Thanks
  • 1,058 posts

Posted July 27, 2013 - 01:00 PM

Thanks to all of you for suggestions etc. I filed the points and reset, It now starts and runs but not quite right yet new plug, and disassembled the carb and reinstalled. I've decided I need a new carb though cause the throttle valve rod is wore out.

I'm going to have to leave now for a while . We are in the process of moving so I will be out of pocket for a while

larryd
  • KennyP and JRJ have said thanks

#18 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,334 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted July 27, 2013 - 04:49 PM

Thanks to all of you for suggestions etc. I filed the points and reset, It now starts and runs but not quite right yet new plug, and disassembled the carb and reinstalled. I've decided I need a new carb though cause the throttle valve rod is wore out.I'm going to have to leave now for a while . We are in the process of moving so I will be out of pocket for a whilelarryd

Be careful moving and we will see you again when you get settled and have time to check in.
  • larryd said thank you

#19 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 27, 2013 - 05:46 PM

Glad you got it running again Larry. Good luck on the move. Moving can be a huge task! Those throttle shafts can be repaired with a bushing instead of buying a new carb. 

• boyscout862 and larryd have said thanks

#20 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted July 27, 2013 - 06:36 PM

Good to hear it's running. & I know all about moving!

• larryd said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: k321