45 replies to this topic

#31 SimplicitySwede OFFLINE  

SimplicitySwede

• Validating
  • Member No: 4073
  • 57 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 12:05 PM

Wow I envied you Serf for a little bit,till I saw how fast you got it done.  Its in good hands.  Did you measure the decals? and get them remade?

• Short_Circuit said thank you

#32 Short_Circuit OFFLINE  

Short_Circuit
  • Member No: 35188
  • 72 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted August 09, 2013 - 08:14 PM

Wow I envied you Serf for a little bit,till I saw how fast you got it done.  Its in good hands.  Did you measure the decals? and get them remade?

Thanks. We have worked hard on it. I even have worked on it after Charlie has gone to bed. He is learning all about engines and tires and wheels. I think this experience will help him in life to see the beauty in old "junk". It is only a rattle can paint job cause I don't have the facilities or money for someone to do paint and body. I need the therapy...It will be understood when I get it finished. I have found most of the decals here http://www.clickitan...5-Serf-Kit.html

but still looking for the dash decal 

2013-08-04 18.33.43.jpg

and the serial plate sticker

2013-08-04 18.34.00.jpg

#33 SimplicitySwede OFFLINE  

SimplicitySwede

• Validating
  • 57 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 03:52 PM

Click it and Stick it is a good place. You email them they can make those 2 decals for you.  Just have to measure them.

• sacsr and Short_Circuit have said thanks

#34 Short_Circuit OFFLINE  

Short_Circuit
  • 72 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 04:22 PM

Click it and Stick it is a good place. You email them they can make those 2 decals for you.  Just have to measure them.

Thanks! I didn't see those stickers on the website. I figured they could. I have heard good stuff and seen good examples. Thats why i left them intact so I can get the measurements for them. I'm hoping they can duplicate the serial number plate and let me stamp the numbers on it. It's metallic and it actually has the serial numbers stamped on it. :thumbs:

#35 SimplicitySwede OFFLINE  

SimplicitySwede

• Validating
  • 57 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted August 10, 2013 - 05:30 PM

Thanks! I didn't see those stickers on the website. I figured they could. I have heard good stuff and seen good examples. Thats why i left them intact so I can get the measurements for them. I'm hoping they can duplicate the serial number plate and let me stamp the numbers on it. It's metallic and it actually has the serial numbers stamped on it. :thumbs:

When I did my Yeoman they made a chrome sticker with it printed on it.  Didnt bother me much, but I didnt ask.  I didnt even think about it till I got it back lol

Edited by SimplicitySwede, August 11, 2013 - 11:14 AM.

#36 timflury OFFLINE  

timflury

• Member No: 7707
  • 6 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted August 26, 2013 - 09:23 PM

Nice resurrection there. :thumbs:

You repowered engine is from 12/7?/74 as shown by the code 741207xx. It's hard to read the entire code.

You have an oil minder on that engine,,,, that's a sweet deal there. I wouldn't have worried about repainting the engine, but after seeing the photos of everything all shiny and new, well then I would wash it down and give it a few coats of Dupli-Color DE1607 Black.

Nice work!

#37 Short_Circuit OFFLINE  

Short_Circuit
  • 72 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted August 26, 2013 - 09:59 PM

Nice resurrection there. :thumbs:

You repowered engine is from 12/7?/74 as shown by the code 741207xx. It's hard to read the entire code.

You have an oil minder on that engine,,,, that's a sweet deal there. I wouldn't have worried about repainting the engine, but after seeing the photos of everything all shiny and new, well then I would wash it down and give it a few coats of Dupli-Color DE1607 Black.

Nice work!

Thank you! I might try and get the sticker remade. I thought it was cool.

Charlie has started kindergarden so We don't have a whole lot of time to work on it due to rain and school. But I am doing some of the body work on the panels now. I know he is proud of it and its just an old tractor but I want it flawless and hard to do with pitted metal parts! Hopefully I can get some updated pics this weekend. I am on call and can't stray far from home. 

#38 Short_Circuit OFFLINE  

Short_Circuit
  • 72 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 10:39 AM

Update...Due to my health issues, I am having to hold off on Charlie's restoration. He understands that daddy is pretty sick and wants only to have me better. Hopefully by spring, I will be able to get back into doing what I enjoy. I will be checking in every now and then to see what is going on. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a happy new year! 

• Sawdust and zippy1 have said thanks

#39 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 12:36 PM

Update...Due to my health issues, I am having to hold off on Charlie's restoration. He understands that daddy is pretty sick and wants only to have me better. Hopefully by spring, I will be able to get back into doing what I enjoy. I will be checking in every now and then to see what is going on. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a happy new year! 

And I hope & pray you get better!  Merry Christmas to you & Family.

#40 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 01:54 PM

Ditto!  Take care of yourself, and the family...there will be time later to get Charlie on that Serf.

#41 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 05:37 PM

Get better. The tractor will still be there when you are better.

#42 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 05:46 PM

Please take care of yourself and get better. The project will be there when you get healthy.

#43 shanesaw OFFLINE  

shanesaw
  • Member No: 50433
  • 31 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 07:34 PM

my family and i will be praying for you and yours. merry christmas and get better.

#44 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 11:40 PM

Just found your project...what a great story & restore. Praying you get better & all will be well. You too have a Merry Christmas to you & your family. God bless.

#45 zippy1 OFFLINE  

zippy1
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 50881
  • 610 Thanks
  • 383 posts

Posted December 20, 2013 - 02:02 AM

Just went through your thread, how inspiring and doing something like this with your son is......well inspiring.

You will be on our prayer list daily. Don't know what your circumstances are, but I do relate.

A very Merry Christmas to you and your family, and may the good lord bless you and yours.