• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 869 posts

Posted July 26, 2013 - 03:44 AM

Hi all, Well i was hooking up the trailer and going for a little road trip with my son when my wife came outside , told her i would be back in an hour or so. it was a nice day so she said she wanted to come for the ride, oh great!!! we all jump in the truck and she asks me where are we going, i tell here lewiston ny, why? i have to pick up something, what? stuff, what type of stuff? snowblower, for what? for doing snow, but you have a snow blower, i tell her i dont have a wheel horse one, she says why do we need the trailer? jiggs up might as well try and slide it past her now, well this paticular blower happens to come with a wheel horse 310-8 and a rototiller, get the look and am asked when this is going to end, I bite my tonge, its an 1 1/2 drive, but now that no ones around i can tell the world the answer NEVER!!!!! BWA HA HA HA HA !!!!! she has to go back to work in sept, theres a guy with 2 wheel horses 1057 in rotchester hope he can wait till then, she'll never know ha ha

• MH81, hamman, IamSherwood and 10 others have said thanks

#2 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted July 26, 2013 - 04:05 AM

Love the story!

I bought another WH a couple of weeks ago, and a few nights later she saw me looking at eBay & Craigslist and said, "You just bought a tractor, thats enough for a while!" I said, OK, but I am still looking!

• hamman, boyscout862, WNYTractorTinkerer and 3 others have said thanks

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,532 posts

Posted July 26, 2013 - 05:07 AM

Next time she asks, ask her about her shoes! We seem to have the same obsession with GTs as they have with shoes. The big difference is that ours takes up more room. Hang in their, we are all in this together. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, July 26, 2013 - 06:31 AM.

• hamman, Titus, twostep and 3 others have said thanks

#4 larryd OFFLINE  

larryd
  • Member No: 15865
  • 724 Thanks
  • 1,058 posts

Posted July 26, 2013 - 06:04 AM

Our stuff usually cost more than shoes and purses though .
I must say wife has generally easy going when I'm interested in something. When I bought that snow blade a couple weeks ago I had mentioned to her that it was a great deal and dropped the subject , but I pulled it up and left it pulled up on the computer on purpose so she would have to see it when she got on to check her face book before she went to work . When I went over to have coffee and a donut she said I could call the man and tell him we were coming after it . I said I would think about it but of course I couldn't wait to call him .That afternoon my wonderful wife drove me 762 miles round trip up and back stopping only for gas and to eat approx. 13hrs 15 min . I sure do love her

larryd
  • hamman, JDBrian, sacsr and 5 others have said thanks

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 26, 2013 - 06:29 AM

Too bad that spoiled the mood on your guys day out. Oh well!  Hows the tractor and lets see some pics!  

• hamman, farmer john and larryd have said thanks

#6 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 3,988 posts

Posted July 26, 2013 - 06:59 AM

remembers me ...   leer.jpg

Edited by jd.rasentrac, July 26, 2013 - 07:01 AM.

• hamman and farmer john have said thanks

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,268 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted July 26, 2013 - 07:14 AM

I am glad you got to spend some windshield time with her, sorry about having "The Conversation"

#8 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted July 26, 2013 - 07:55 AM

Yes, I've had the conversation... I use to get the "you don't need another mower" or "why do you need another". It seems that after the last couple, and after actually making enough money from the hobby to pay for itself she has stopped resisting so much.

Now it's more like "you're getting ANOTHER tractor?" or "what are you going to do with that one?" or "okay, as long you are paying for it"!!

It really is an addiction... I've been in the game for a little over a year and I'm going to pick up my 7th GT after work today. A couple have been sold but I'm still up to 5 in the garage.

I have had the philosophy so far that I would have an actual use for each one... but now I'm down to calling one the "back up mower" and one is the "yard cart mule"... that is stretching it a little.

• hamman, boyscout862, farmer john and 1 other said thanks

#9 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted July 26, 2013 - 07:55 AM

..." Always better to ask for forgivness than to ask for permission"....   At least that is what I told my last divorce attorney. Just make sure they are all the same color. They usually never take time to count them. LOL Good Luck!!  Roger.

• boyscout862, twostep, farmer john and 1 other said thanks

#10 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,532 posts

Posted July 26, 2013 - 08:14 AM

Our stuff usually cost more than shoes and purses though .
I must say wife has generally easy going when I'm interested in something. When I bought that snow blade a couple weeks ago I had mentioned to her that it was a great deal and dropped the subject , but I pulled it up and left it pulled up on the computer on purpose so she would have to see it when she got on to check her face book before she went to work . When I went over to have coffee and a donut she said I could call the man and tell him we were coming after it . I said I would think about it but of course I couldn't wait to call him .That afternoon my wonderful wife drove me 762 miles round trip up and back stopping only for gas and to eat approx. 13hrs 15 min . I sure do love her

larryd

Have you checked the prices on ladies shoes and bags? Many cost more than my freebie tractors. Good Luck, Rick

#11 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted July 26, 2013 - 08:16 AM

Have you checked the prices on ladies shoes and bags? Many cost more than my freebie tractors. Good Luck, Rick

no joke... my wife isn't that type (thank you Lord) but womens shoes cost as much if not more than good work/hunting boots!

• hamman, boyscout862, farmer john and 1 other said thanks

#12 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,532 posts

Posted July 26, 2013 - 08:28 AM

no joke... my wife isn't that type (thank you Lord) but womens shoes cost as much if not more than good work/hunting boots!

My wife goes for lots of shoes but they are Payless and KMart. She really doesn't give me any grief since I help her friends and their husbands.

I'm actually looking at a Ford LGT 145 for a friend today. He has a degenerative muscle condition and he is loosing strenght slowly. His Simplicity is smoking like a Uniroyal stack so I'm trying to find him a hydrostatic with a power lift before the Simplicity blows. Good Luck, Rick

• hamman, twostep, farmer john and 1 other said thanks

#13 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 869 posts

Posted July 26, 2013 - 08:45 AM

very kind of you looking for a tractor for your friend, its always a good day to wheel and deal for a tractor, even when its with someone elses money, as the boys say its a bug collecting gts, i caught it a few months ago and it seems i get one every month, i have 20 now and running out of room and i know that i have to sell some or build another garage. anyone know of a good lumber sale ha ha ha!!!!

• hamman, boyscout862, twostep and 1 other said thanks

#14 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted July 26, 2013 - 09:25 AM

Sometimes it takes a while for the payoff to come. I spent 2 yrs looking for a Scut/Compact Tractor. The wife thought I should get a larger GT Than my 318. When I brought home the 1500 Ford with 15" front wheels and 24" rear tires last September. The Skeptical look in her eyes was deafening.

Last week when I dug a 70 ft row of potatoes and brought them to the house in less than an hour, She Said"  at our age that would have taken a day and a half digging with a fork. And I only found three potatoes that were showing minor damage(you are eating them for breakfast tomorrow morning). With a few more implements, that tractor is going to save  us a ton of time."

I took that as permission to buy a few more implements?

Edited by JD DANNELS, July 26, 2013 - 09:30 AM.

• HowardsMF155, boyscout862, twostep and 1 other said thanks

#15 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted July 26, 2013 - 09:57 AM

With a few more implements, that tractor is going to save  us a ton of time."

I took that as permission to buy a few more implements?

That is what it sounds to me like she is saying. Good Job!

• boyscout862 and larryd have said thanks