• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 wwmw51 OFFLINE  

wwmw51
  • Member No: 10842
  • 2 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 08:01 PM

Hello; I have a Ford LGT 145 14HP Hydrostatic, and lastnight I broke a piece on the back of the tractor that holds some type of large rod that runs up the left side as your facing the tractor just right over the rear wheel not sure what it is though, or what the rod does and the manual is no help either, I really need this part badly if anyone has this please let me know asap. Here is a picture of the broken part. But, I could use the whole rod with grease bushing and the 2 pieces in picture, also see rod on back of tractor it mounts with 4 bolts I tried to highlight the rod and broken piece, and can anyone identify this rod in the 4th picture I highlighted what does it do and what is it for do I really need it? any help is greatly appreciated; :smilewink:  please let me know if anyone can help.

Thanks!
William

Attached Thumbnails

• pic 3.jpg
  • pic 4 highlighted.JPG
  • Rod over left rear wheel.jpg

Edited by wwmw51, July 24, 2013 - 09:10 PM.

• larryd said thank you

#2 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,585 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 09:27 PM

You can take that to a reputable welding shop and they can weld it. You could look for one to replace it after it is fixed. I have had cast parts welded for temporary fixes in the past. Is this part for the rear lift? Good luck. I'm sure some of the Ford guys can help ya. Roger.

• larryd said thank you

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 06:18 AM

Welcome to GTTalk. If you contact our site sponsors they may be able to help you find those parts. 

• hamman and larryd have said thanks

#4 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 09:05 AM

Welcome to GTT. That is a very nice tractor. It looks like it is part of the three point hitch system for operating your attachments. Get it welded and try it. The heavier the attachment the greater the chance of breaking it. Did the blade snag a rock? Good Luck, Rick
  • larryd said thank you

#5 larryd OFFLINE  

larryd
  • Member No: 15865
  • 724 Thanks
  • 1,058 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 10:12 AM

I would also try welding for time . Most welds are usually stronger than the rod original especially if reinforced

larryd

#6 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 11:06 AM

I agree with others, that sure lookes weldable to buy you some time.

I have to ask how well you blade works??  I see you don't have an adjustable top link. I find on my Ford 1500 adjusting the top link to control cut makes the difference between it working very well and not at all.

#7 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 12:43 PM

What you have there is someone's rendition of a 3 point hitch, the part your looking for is something someone made up or borrowed from something else. It is not factory Ford.
  • KennyP said thank you

#8 wwmw51 OFFLINE  

wwmw51
  • 2 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 12:45 PM

Thanks! for all the replies, I really didn't think of getting it welded because it is cast-iron didn't think it would hold, but, will give it a try for the short term, Tractorholic, the blade works fairly well I just use the lift to get the level I need, and it is very heavy also thats another reason I don't think the weld would work  :( but, will try. No! Rick I was knocking the pin thru it and it just snapped off.

William

#9 wwmw51 OFFLINE  

wwmw51
  • 2 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 12:49 PM

Can anyone identify this rod for me? and what is it for do I need it? see pic my Ford LGT 145

thanks again for all your help!
William

Attached Thumbnails

• Rod over left rear wheel.jpg

#10 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 634 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 06:54 PM

I think what you have highlighted there is the lift bar...It attaches your 3 point lift to the lift cylinder underneath the tractor....It is just a piece of flat bar stock with a couple of slight bends. Usually has a slot in one end so the blade can ride up over obstacles

#11 milkdud OFFLINE  

milkdud
  • Member No: 43438
  • 66 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 11:11 PM

You could weld together your own piece like that.   Just find some round stock that is comparable in size to the main end.  Then weld on some flat steel for the other end.  Drill holes to size then   drill tap the round stock for a set screw.

This could be done with a simple welder.

or take the piece to a welder and have them put it back together.
C  

#12 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,482 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted August 09, 2013 - 04:07 AM

I agree with Keith that this is a PO's add-on. Haven't seen anything similar to the piece you broke. What size is the shaft it fits on? Finding a tube that fits over it and welding a short flat piece to it sounds like a good solution.