DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted January 10, 2011 - 06:16 AM

Ya when I was driving it I noticed it turned better than my other Massey with turfs on it, these wheel barrow tires are on Massey rims, narrow rims.
Those wheel barrow tires seem to be good in the snow.

#92 Chad33 OFFLINE  

Chad33

• Member No: 2715
  • 0 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 01:33 AM

My 66 doesn't have the narrow wheel option either.

#93 Chad33 OFFLINE  

Chad33

• 0 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 01:36 AM

Before I forget I wanted to post the wiring diagram I used, for the Starter/Generator tractors.
I searched here and MTF and found nothing so I searched the web and came up with this, I have tested it and it works.
One of the Mods. might want to put this somewhere for others to find as I believe it works for all makes with a 12 volt S/G setup.

I think this diagram is on page 23, figure 30 of the "MF-10 Operators Manual.pdf" in the manuals.

#94 Chad33 OFFLINE  

Chad33

• 0 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 01:51 AM

This is awesome.....
You mentioned you wish you used the real MF Flint metallic gray. I like your choice. Are you happy with the silver color? Did you use Tremclad Aluminum for the silver?

On picture #9, from post #72 in this thread, the tiller attachment looks to be a little low on the un-restored tractor. I think the holes are suppose to be 3/4" down from the top of the plate. I am only asking because I am getting ready to drill holes for a tiller on my 66 and want to get it right.

On mine, the choke is on the light switch pull instead of the lights and there is nothing in the slider where the choke lever cable/mechanism should be. I plan on adding lights and will switch this at that time. Is is "better" to remove the knock-outs and add lights or leave this as shipped?

Oh, my throttle cable wants to keep releasing. I have to manually hold the throttle fully open or it will throttle all the way down. I plan to look for kinks in the cable housing and shoot some lubricant down the cable. Any other suggestions?

Edited by Chad33, April 22, 2011 - 01:59 AM.

#95 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 06:22 AM

For the lights, I say put a switch in where it should go. For the throttle, it's probably the handle end that is getting loose. I had to "peen" mine slightly with it out of the tractor in order to tighten mine up. Because you are missing the choke, you may want to look for a set of used throttle/choke cables. Even if you had to buy new cables and make them fit the Massey handles, you will be better off.

#96 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 06:32 AM

Not 100% sure because I haven't checked the part #'s at agcopartsbooks.com, but aren't all the choke/throttle cables
the same for all the MF7-16 models?
If so, you can still get new ones from jacks small engines. I just got a choke cable there for my 16. Wasn't cheap, but
brand new.

#97 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 07:34 AM

This is awesome.....
You mentioned you wish you used the real MF Flint metallic gray. I like your choice. Are you happy with the silver color? Did you use Tremclad Aluminum for the silver?

On picture #9, from post #72 in this thread, the tiller attachment looks to be a little low on the un-restored tractor. I think the holes are suppose to be 3/4" down from the top of the plate. I am only asking because I am getting ready to drill holes for a tiller on my 66 and want to get it right.

On mine, the choke is on the light switch pull instead of the lights and there is nothing in the slider where the choke lever cable/mechanism should be. I plan on adding lights and will switch this at that time. Is is "better" to remove the knock-outs and add lights or leave this as shipped?

Oh, my throttle cable wants to keep releasing. I have to manually hold the throttle fully open or it will throttle all the way down. I plan to look for kinks in the cable housing and shoot some lubricant down the cable. Any other suggestions?

- The silver paint that I used for the silver was the Tremclad Aluminum, and it's a close match.

-The tiller bracket in that pic #9 post 72 is mounted on a 67MF12Hydra which came from the factory with the holes for the tiller spring bracket in it and the bracket that you see is the factory bracket for the tiller so I'd say it's in the right spot.
2nd pic is my 66, 3rd pic is my 67MF12 without the bracket and you can just make out the tiller spring bracket holes.
pic 3 and the tractor on the right in pic 1 are the same tractor.
masseys 032..jpg

This is a picture from the manual for the tiller and shows you where to drill the holes for the spring bracket.
MF650 003.jpg

-For the lights IMO put the switch where it's suppose to go and try to get the right choke control for it, parts tractors are a good source.
Wether you put lights it it or not it's up to you, they look good either way.

-As for the throttle cable not holding it's position best thing to do is remove the control and tighten up the rivet, pivot point, just peen it with a hammer and punch to tighten it up.

Attached Thumbnails

• 66 MF10 012.jpg
  • 66 MF10 036..jpg

#98 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 07:47 AM

I think this diagram is on page 23, figure 30 of the "MF-10 Operators Manual.pdf" in the manuals.

This is the wiring diagram I have in one of my manuals, it's for the SSI engines with the ring gear starter.
MF10, 12 manual 004.jpg
I have never been able to find a Massey schematic for the starter/generator engines so on searching I found that this works for the S/G engines.
It's what I use in both my 66MF10 and my 67MF12, both are S/G

66 MF10 001.jpg
  • Sawdust said thank you

#99 Chad33 OFFLINE  

Chad33

• 0 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 09:51 AM

Thanks for all the tips and quick responses, guys. I do have another cable and lever mechanism from a parts mower. I'll try to "peen" it this weekend. I am glad you explained what that meant or I would have had no clue..... new to this stuff...

#100 Chad33 OFFLINE  

Chad33

• 0 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted April 24, 2011 - 11:24 AM

Did you not primer the before using the tremclad?

#101 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 24, 2011 - 02:22 PM

Did you not primer the before using the tremclad?

The parts painted with Tremclad have no primer on them, just cleaned them up really good before painting.

#102 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted January 02, 2012 - 09:36 PM

Picked up a pair of Tri-Ribs for my 66MF10.

4.80/4.00-8 Vredestein V6o's.

I always wanted a set of these instead of the wheel barrow tires that are on it now.

006.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 005.jpg

#103 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted January 02, 2012 - 09:51 PM

Those will look good on your 10.

#104 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,608 posts

Posted January 02, 2012 - 09:58 PM

They'll make it look like a big tractor, love the look.

#105 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted January 03, 2012 - 08:03 AM

Cool tires. It will look real good with them on there.