• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Watchdog OFFLINE  

Watchdog
  • Member No: 17146
  • 132 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 07:07 AM

I really wish I had a camera last evening.  On my way home from work (I live in a rural area) I came across something you just don't see every day.  There was a fellow driving a JD 214, pulling a trailer with a 74 Dynamark 8 GT in the trailer.  Actually, I saw this person doing the same thing one day last summer come to think of it.

This time I stopped and spoke to "Eric".  He is a grown man in his 40s, I'd say. He has a collection of GTs. I met up with him later down the road in his driveway.  As it turns out he drove his GT about 18 or 20 miles round trip to pick up the Dynamark.  The front tires were as bald as baloney skins.

In his collection he has a Simplicity walk behind a Honda 4518, a JD 216, a JD 333, an MF 12 with tiller and blower, and a big old Snapper (he said he was taking the steering out of the Sanpper for the MF),   He has an older Craftsman that is lifted with ATV wheels on it.  As well, he has a load of JD implements.

He says everything he has that isn't green and yellow is for sale.  Unfortunately, everything except the 214 he was driving, is in some state of repair or more appropriately disrepair.

I'll visit him again and take some pictures.  Anyway, I thought you all might find this little story as amusing as I did seeing it in real life.

Jeff

• MH81, hamman, backwoods and 4 others have said thanks

#2 jd.rasentrac ONLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,448 Thanks
  • 3,996 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 07:16 AM

There was a fellow driving a JD 214, pulling a trailer with a 74 Dynamark 8 GT in the trailer.

yep - w/ a Deere, no prob! :smilewink:  When you see him next time, Jeff, please give him the URL of GTT!

• backwoods, Jack, larryd and 2 others have said thanks

#3 Jack OFFLINE  

Jack
  • Member No: 9304
  • 1,127 Thanks
  • 771 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 08:12 AM

Cool story thanks for sharing.
  • larryd and Watchdog have said thanks

#4 Watchdog OFFLINE  

Watchdog
  • Member No: 17146
  • 132 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 09:06 AM

yep - w/ a Deere, no prob! :smilewink:  When you see him next time, Jeff, please give him the URL of GTT!

I definitely will.  No doubt he'll love GTT as much as the rest of us do.

Jeff

• jd.rasentrac and larryd have said thanks

#5 larryd OFFLINE  

larryd
  • Member No: 15865
  • 724 Thanks
  • 1,058 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 12:00 PM

Great story . sounds a good man

larryd

• jd.rasentrac said thank you

#6 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,647 Thanks
  • 1,333 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 01:07 PM

As it turns out he drove his GT about 18 or 20 miles round trip to pick up the Dynamark.                                                                                                                                

Now that would be a nice way to spend a afternoon! I just wonder what kind of mileage he got with it?

Thanks for sharing the story

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: john deer, massey ferguson, simplicity, snapper, honda