• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#121 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 569 Thanks
  • 631 posts

Posted August 17, 2013 - 08:56 PM

I had it tested the field was shot in the SG, Also the end with the bearing is worn out and had to order a new one of those as well. . . It would idle all day long (exaggeration lol) but at higher RPM's it would rapidly drain the battery checking the voltage on the battery. . . Idling it would just tick down . . If that makes any sense  . . .  But it was confirmed today by the man that tested it, he is going to test my regulator too just to make sure it isn't burned up from the SG being messed up. . . 

Hopefully it will be a easy rebuild so you can enjoy the awesome tractor that they are. Like I said I'm not to familiar with SG I have one on my Monty . Haven't had it very long no problems with it . All my Case Ingersols are stator's. So good luck on fix.

• cjg2283 said thank you

#122 cjg2283 OFFLINE  

cjg2283
  • Member No: 41149
  • 35 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 11:56 AM

I thought I would throw this out there to see if anyone has ever experienced it. My mower deck will randomly engage. It's almost like it needs more tension to be pulled back(completely disengaged with the lever) on the lever. that engages the mower. ....

Hope everyone has a great weekend. . .  :dancingbanana:

CJ

#123 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 569 Thanks
  • 631 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 08:52 PM

I thought I would throw this out there to see if anyone has ever experienced it. My mower deck will randomly engage. It's almost like it needs more tension to be pulled back(completely disengaged with the lever) on the lever. that engages the mower. ....

CJ

That my friend you need to address as soon as possible. I don't think there is any adjustment on the linkage . Your air gap might not be set right. Until you get it figured out turn off your tractor any time you get off, It'd be pretty easy to hop off to fiddle with carb or any number of things and happen to slide your foot under deck and it engage there goes some toes or foot.We wouldn't want to hear that hope you get it figured out.   

#124 Mjoe7 OFFLINE  

Mjoe7
  • Member No: 9312
  • 172 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted September 01, 2013 - 02:18 AM

CJ

Make sure you have the two cams installed correctly on the pto clutch. The two halves where the engagement forks go into. One should be lower than the other. Not evenly lined up.

• cjg2283 said thank you

#125 Mjoe7 OFFLINE  

Mjoe7
  • Member No: 9312
  • 172 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted September 01, 2013 - 02:21 AM

You'll know your Case very well after all you've done. Keep up the good work. :thumbs: