• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#91 cjg2283 OFFLINE  

cjg2283
  • Member No: 41149
  • 35 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 05:57 AM

My bad I thought it was a screw knob for flow metering. If it is just in and out it's a selector valve . Are you saying it makes no difference in or out your deck lift cylinder works? 

I can make the rear 3 point go up and down without the front but I can't make the belly mower(Middle ram) go down by itself. .. 

#92 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 566 Thanks
  • 630 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 08:31 PM

I can make the rear 3 point go up and down without the front but I can't make the belly mower(Middle ram) go down by itself. .. 

If I under stand the hyd of the selector valve it just splits the power up circuit  and the down circuit is shared by both. When you select one the valve dead heads the other down circuit. So your oil is bypassing somewhere in valve. Is there a part number or makers name on valve to look up schematic to see what your  dealing with o rings or relief valves leaking ?

• dropped82 and cjg2283 have said thanks

#93 cjg2283 OFFLINE  

cjg2283
  • 35 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 06:04 AM

Tried wiring it up last night but didn't have success. I was trying to use old wire just to try to figure out the configuration so that may have been the problem. Could have been a bad ground, who knows. . . I will try again this afternoon. 

#94 cjg2283 OFFLINE  

cjg2283
  • 35 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 09:32 PM

I got the wiring figured out! She cranks up with the key now! I'm stoked now to install the PTO clutch! I also need a drive belt which I can pick up tomorrow. . . I've gotta figure out how to get my throttle cable from falling down when it's running . . . . . . 

Overall good progress though pretty excited! :dancingbanana:

• MH81, Buzzard217 and dropped82 have said thanks

#95 Buzzard217 OFFLINE  

Buzzard217
  • Member No: 9257
  • 16 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 08:44 AM

Edited by Buzzard217, August 02, 2013 - 09:04 AM.

• dropped82 and cjg2283 have said thanks

#96 cjg2283 OFFLINE  

cjg2283
  • 35 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 11:59 AM

:rocker2:  Ok so I would like to thank everyone for all advice that has been given to help me get this beast running again. Ole Buzzard217 was a huge help getting it going !!!. . .  :dancingbanana:

I also love the smiley emotes! HAHA

I am considering looking for a plow for my tractor. Any ideas on what plow would be good to pull behind the ole 444?

• Buzzard217 and dropped82 have said thanks

#97 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 566 Thanks
  • 630 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 07:02 PM

:rocker2:  Ok so I would like to thank everyone for all advice that has been given to help me get this beast running again. Ole Buzzard217 was a huge help getting it going !!!. . .  :dancingbanana:

I also love the smiley emotes! HAHA

I am considering looking for a plow for my tractor. Any ideas on what plow would be good to pull behind the ole 444?

Used don't come  up to often your in good position. You can get ether a 3pt or sleeve hitch plow Brinly makes pretty good ones. If you knows someone that welds there's nothing to making sleeve hitch adapter for your 3 pt. If you want quick fix throttle cable till you get new one open all the way take two pliers and put two kinks in cable shield don't get carried away bending it to much. If it's in real good shape you can take out of dash drill rivet out and put small stove bolt in to tighten the friction disk.   

• dropped82 said thank you

#98 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,398 Thanks
  • 1,229 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 07:27 PM

Actually he already has the adapter. The Case tiller is a sleeve hitch mount. So its pretty much open for you. 10" plows are the most common. With enough weight you may be able to pull a 12", but those plows are double the price typically. Just keep an eye out. They pop up quite often. Sears still sells Brinly attachments if you wanted to get a new one.

Eric

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

#99 cjg2283 OFFLINE  

cjg2283
  • 35 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted August 03, 2013 - 01:28 PM

:dancingbanana: Another pic! The tiller is working :rocker2: great!  :dancingbanana:

Attached Thumbnails

• 20130803_135633.jpg

• Buzzard217 said thank you

#100 cjg2283 OFFLINE  

cjg2283
  • 35 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 09:32 AM

Welp folks, I mowed the lawn yesterday! Well the front, will finish up the back this afternoon!  :rocker:  :rocker2:  :dancingbanana:

#101 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 10:52 AM

You cant make the belly mower lift operate independently of a front blade because they use the same cylinder, they figure no one would be using a front blade with the mower deck still on. Not sure if that was your question?

#102 cjg2283 OFFLINE  

cjg2283
  • 35 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 01:49 PM

I don't have the front blade on. I was saying I had mowed the front lawn and still had to do the back yard. 

#103 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,398 Thanks
  • 1,229 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 01:57 PM

If you can operate both separately then you have a selector valve. If you can do one and then do both depending on the valve position then you have a lockout valve. The selector valve diverts all pressure depending on the valve position. I lockout valve just blocks the flow to one cylinder. It sounds to me like you have a lockout plumbed to the belly cylinder to stop its operation when using the 3 point. If I were you, I would change that around to lock the 3 point instead. That way you can lift an implement and lock it to allow you to use the belly cylinder independently.

Eric

• cjg2283 said thank you

#104 cjg2283 OFFLINE  

cjg2283
  • 35 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 09:51 PM

If you can operate both separately then you have a selector valve. If you can do one and then do both depending on the valve position then you have a lockout valve. The selector valve diverts all pressure depending on the valve position. I lockout valve just blocks the flow to one cylinder. It sounds to me like you have a lockout plumbed to the belly cylinder to stop its operation when using the 3 point. If I were you, I would change that around to lock the 3 point instead. That way you can lift an implement and lock it to allow you to use the belly cylinder independently.

Eric

I have figured it out I can do the belly mower without the 3 point lowering. I honestly think it had sat so long that it took a bit of running for it to work the valve loose.

I do have a question, How hot does the rear hydraulic hose typically get when mowing? I felt mine today after mowing and it felt rather hot. . . I just had it looped around without a rear implement. 

It mowed great. The previous owner painted the engine and it smokes a little after it's hot I can't wait for it all the be burnt off. . . I don't think they used the appropriate "heat" paint..... 

All in all a good week got the mower running / tilling / mowing. . . 

:rocker2: I still need a steering wheel the one I have is falling apart and turns my hands black when using it. . . :rocker2:  

:dancingbanana: Looking for a 10" Plow as well :)  :dancingbanana:

Good night everyone! Hope everyone has a great week!! 

#105 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,398 Thanks
  • 1,229 posts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 10:35 PM

I would imagine the rear PTO hose temperature is comparable to the rest of the lines in the system. That fluid does build heat considering the need for a cooler and forced air from the fan. Motor oil will stay stable up to a couple hundred degrees if not more so I wouldn't be too worried as long as your cooler fins are clean and there is a fan.

Eric

• Buzzard217 and cjg2283 have said thanks