#61 JoshBrown OFFLINE  

JoshBrown

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1978
  • 20 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted February 25, 2011 - 08:57 AM

Just got caught up on your thread. The tractor looks awesome!!!

#62 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted February 26, 2011 - 09:01 AM

Thanks to everyone who has replied.It's slowly comming along and will be ready to use once spring arrive's. On another Note I got a e-mail from the PO and he's found the original grill and the rest of the motor parts.[not that I'll be rebuilding it] but its good to have just in case I ever have to do so. I'll be picking that stuff up today as he's meeting me half way less driving for me.Larry

#63 JoshBrown OFFLINE  

JoshBrown

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 20 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted February 26, 2011 - 10:14 AM

Sounds good you never know when your going to need those extra parts.

#64 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted February 27, 2011 - 06:15 PM

Seeing that I'am waiting for the Decals to come in and the tractor is done for now I brought the tiller in to start going through it.I can't beleive how heavy the tiller is. It's a monster for sure and very heavy to move around.Here's some pics of it, brought it inside on a pallet after blowing some snow today.Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• Allis Restore 055 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 057 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 058 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 059 (Small).jpg

#65 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted March 03, 2011 - 09:32 PM

Slowly did some stuff this week with the tiller took it apart and cleaned it all up.Washed it off with a degreaser then washed with water.I let it dry overnight and sanded some of it down.Actually did all the black pieces first.Today I sanded the rest of it down.Seeing that the ID# is just a decal I'll have to make up a small plate with the number stamped into it.Then I'll pop rivet it onto the frame of the tiller once it's all painted.I think once I make up the plate for the tiller I'll make up one for the mower deck as well as the snowblower as I haven't put the ID#'s back on them yet.The tiller is ready for painting now,just not sure when I'll do it.
I made the ID plates today and located the place on the tiller where it's going to me mounted.Once I had the holes drilled I stamped the ID#'s into each corresponding plate,and then sprayed them with a black gloss paint. .Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• Allis Restore 061 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 063 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 064 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 065 (Small).jpg

Edited by massey driver, March 04, 2011 - 02:03 PM.
Added in pics

#66 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 06:03 PM

I made a muffler for the Allis but it was still to loud,so I added a second one to the other one.I decided to do it this way rather then use a larger pipe so as to keep the clearance between the grill and muffler to 1".First thing I did was cut the first muffler shorter by 3".I cut it shorter because it was interfering with the oil dip stick tube and I couldn't get it into a good position.You can see the inside of the first one.I cut the outlet pipe off the first muffler and added the second one onto that pipe.I then had to make a new outlet pipe with holes drilled into it,for one of the internal baffles.The other end the outlet part had to be kinda bent down sort of like a S to beable to allow the pipe to exit through the side of the hood. I'll do more tommoro.Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• Allis Restore 054 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 066 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 069 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 070 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 071 (Small).jpg

#67 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 06:30 PM

Today I did more on the muffler.First thing was to add a second baffle to the added muffler.I used a piece of flat bar and drilled holes into it except for where the inlet pipe is comming from muffler #1.I welded it into place and then put the outlet pipe into the muffler I also welded it in place before adding the end caps.The muffler sit's in a good spot now and it doesn't interfere with anything[plus there's 1" clearance between the muffler and grill]. The hood even closes around the outlet pipe perfectly.I had to start it up to hear how quite it was.I was very happy to hear the big difference.Now I'am happy with it.Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• Allis Restore 080 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 079 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 077 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 076 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 074 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 073 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 072 (Small).jpg

#68 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 07:31 PM

Looking nice Larry!

#69 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 01:20 PM

Painted the tiller the other day and put it together this morning.I'am getting closer to having this winter project done.:laughingteeth:Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• Allis Restore 081 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 082 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 083 (Small).jpg

#70 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 01:45 PM

Looks good!

#71 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 02:12 PM

Larry, I have my 990 all tore apart and stacked on a pallet, can I ship it up there for you to finish? It was my winter project last year and all I have done since last march is move it around and prime a few parts.

You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

#72 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 03:20 PM

Larry, That muffler looks great, and so dos the rest of the tractor. I like the idea of making I.D. plates for all of the attachments, what did you use, steel or Aluminum? How did you figure the amount of holes in your baffles, so back pressure would be right?
Great Job !!

#73 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 05:05 PM

Larry, That muffler looks great, and so dos the rest of the tractor. I like the idea of making I.D. plates for all of the attachments, what did you use, steel or Aluminum? How did you figure the amount of holes in your baffles, so back pressure would be right?
Great Job !!

For the ID plates I just used some 1 1/4" steel flat bar that I had laying around. The holes in the baffles and pipes I just drilled enough 3/16" holes so that I felt comfortable that there'd be enough to allow the exhaust to flow freely.LOL Larry

Larry, I have my 990 all tore apart and stacked on a pallet, can I ship it up there for you to finish? It was my winter project last year and all I have done since last march is move it around and prime a few parts.

You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

Hey Chuck I have stuff sitting on Pallets as well that gets moved from one spot to the other to make room.LOL Yeah winter projects seem to pile up .I still have some stuff that I've got on hold as well.Larry

#74 JoshBrown OFFLINE  

JoshBrown

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 20 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 09:16 PM

The tiller and the muffler look great!!!

#75 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted March 11, 2011 - 08:15 PM

Finished off the Allis today.:laughingteeth:Put the decals on yesterday and today.I also changed one drive plate that the holes were egg shaped,now the vibration is gone.I also set the govenor speed down as well.It was running way to high rpm.Poured some sea foam into the tank today as well and let it run a bit.It's put away now untill spring.I took some pics of it today as well as the attachments.I left the stuff on the pallets as it's easier to move them back into the storage shed.It was a cloudy overcast day today so the pics don't really do justice of the tractor and attachments.But it's done and ready to use now.Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• Allis Restore 088 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 087 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 086 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 085 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 084 (Small).jpg