#46 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,075 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 04:48 PM

Went out into the shop and put the blower back together.I had to put a new idler pulley on and wasn't sure how it was going to work.The old one that flew apart last time I used the blower was a 6" pulley and was only able to get a 5" one that wasn't to bad of a price.I was in Winnipeg at the Simplicity dealer and picked up some seals and stuff for the Allis 716 and was also going to get a 6" pulley for the snowblower.When they gave me the price of the pulley I told them to keep it.I bougth a 5" from the local parts place for almost 1/3 of the price.I installed it and had to bend the bracket that it bolts onto just a bit in order to make it sit far enough back to keep the belt linned up with the clutch pulley.It worked out fine.I even put the blower onto the tractor and ran it for awhile just to make sure everything works like it's supposed to.It did and it does so that made my day.Here's pics of the blower put all back together and mounted and running on the tractor.I took the blower off after i saw that everything worked good and put it away into storage and brought the Allis 716h inside to start doing the rest of it's restore.Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• Allis Restore 027 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 026 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 024 (Small).jpg

#47 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 04:59 PM

Looks good Larry.:thumbs:

#48 Bolens 853 OFFLINE  

Bolens 853

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1950
  • 4 Thanks
  • 33 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 05:01 PM

:good_job: That blower looks beautiful. Great job on that paint.

#49 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,075 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted February 08, 2011 - 05:56 PM

Started taking the Allis apart.I 've been having more problems with the BGB leaking oil,this time it's from the front seal [the main drive comming from the motor] Anyway seeing that I split the rear from the tractor I was able to see that the shaft moves around quite a bit way more then it should.So I decided to remove the BGB and take it apart.Here's what I found once I had the oil drained and opened the case I removed the long shaft that goes through the case sticking out either side.Once that was out I was able to remove the short shaft that comes in from the front of the case.The needle bearing that is supposed to be in the case housing was sitting on the shaft next to the big roller brg.So really it wasn't doing anything to support the shaft near the seal.Once It was all apart and I had the brgs out on the bench I reinstalled the needle brg into the case and it just slides right into the case without and resistence.So the case maybe worn just a bit.I'll be picking up both new brgs soon and will try the new one into the case to see if it will fit tight or what.I do know that the roller brg has some roughness to it as well.Makes me wonder just what this gear case had ,had done to it,The PO had told me that he had just rebuilt the BGB before the motor went and it hasn't hardly been used.Said it cost him quite a bit of $$$.Anyway there is new gears in there for sure as well as seals and the other two brgs are good.So I'am not sure what was all done.Anyway its getting new front brgs and seals.If the needle brg isn't going to be a tight fit then guess I'll have to glue it in place as well as peene the brg bore.Didn't take any pics today maybe I'll take some when I start putting the BGB back together.At least I was able to find the cause of why it was leaking oil and why the shaft was moving around so much.I also have taken lots of the tractor apart as well to get it ready for painting .Larry

#50 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,075 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted February 10, 2011 - 06:25 PM

I put the BGB back together and put it back into the frame.I didn't have the camera outside with me today so no pics.I also washed the rearend trans and hydro off and hopefully I'll beable to spray paint the trans etc black tommoro.I'll be just using a spray can as its more or less just to cover up scuffs and missing paint etc:.Once it's painted I'll take some pics.Hoping to start doing the tractor sanding etc: and then painting it next week.Larry

#51 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,075 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 02:20 PM

Painted the BGB,trans and rear end componets along with all the smaller black parts today.Painted all the small pieces outside and the rear end of the tractor was done inside.I'll put all the parts back on once there dry and then get started with doing the rest of the tractor possibly next week.Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• Allis Restore 029 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 030 (Small).jpg

#52 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 02:30 PM

Lookin' good Larry.

#53 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,075 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted February 17, 2011 - 04:44 PM

Took the Allis all apart and sanded it all down.I used a wire brush on the drill to do the rusty spots.I had to do some welding on the seat hindges as they were starting to pull through the metal on the fenders.There was a hole rusted through the side of the body where the battery sits.I cut out the rust and ended up with a hole about the size of a nickel.Not sure if it's a Canadian/American nickle size.Anyway I filled the hole with some body filler just to fill in the hole.What I also did was cut out a piece of steel 2"x3" and fitted and shaped it to fit over that area.Idrilled 1/8" holes into the plate and into the tractors side so that I'll beable to just pop rivet the plate on once I have it all painted and its dry.The reason for this plate is two fold one being the above mentioned and the other is that I stamped the tractors ID# and serial # into this plate and painted it black.I also had to weld up the front corners of the hood where the hindges are.I added in a piece of 1 1/2" x4" long flat bar to each corner to reinforce the hood where it was cracking[of course it was done on the inside of the hood] I also put in new pivot bushing's onto the axle spindles,one other thing I did was drill and tap for grease fitting on the axle pivot point.Its now ready for painting.Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• Allis Restore 035 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 034 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 033 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 031 (Small).jpg

#54 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,075 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted February 17, 2011 - 04:59 PM

I set up my portable paint booth inside my shop yesterday and sprayed one coat of paint,left it over night and sprayed the second coat today and will have to do the final one tommoro.Being that its cool it takes about three days for me to get the paint to the final coat.Have to do light coats to prevent sags.My spray booth is 8'x8' and it's held together with 8 screws[2 to each corner panel] I just have plastic stapled onto the outside and just drape a piece of plastic over the top.I have opening in 2 of the top corners to let air in as you can see I have a filtering system down in the one corner drawing the air into it.It pulls the little bit of overspray into it keeping the inside pretty clear.Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• Allis Restore 037 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 038 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 039 (Small).jpg

#55 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,649 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 17, 2011 - 07:39 PM

Larry, you should make a thread in "The Tool Shed" on your portable paint booth. Wanna see what you filter with.

#56 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,075 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted February 24, 2011 - 09:46 PM

I started putting the tractor back together this week.In one pic you'll see the black ser:# and ID # plate that I made.The original was just a decal with the numbers stamped into them.Now it's more of a permanent thing.I also set the motor back into the frame today,will have to finish off the wiring as well.The Decals hopefully will be here next week.This is what it looks like so far.Larry.

Attached Thumbnails

• Allis Restore 048 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 049 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 050 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 053 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 054 (Small).jpg

#57 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531