• Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted December 01, 2010 - 07:04 PM

Thanks for the pics!
That's a single stage blower correct?

Single stage blower for sure. Larry

Edited by olcowhand, December 07, 2010 - 08:25 PM.
repaired quote

#32 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted December 01, 2010 - 07:16 PM

I'll have to try the 46" dozer blade that I have to see if it will fit.Its off a Allis b12 I'll have to try the 48" sickle mower on as well just to see how they fit.:laughingteeth:Now that its running I can play around with trying that stuff on.:firejumper:Larry.

Attached Thumbnails

• allis winter project 039 (Small).jpg
  • allis winter project 040 (Small).jpg
  • allis winter project 037 (Small).jpg

#33 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted December 07, 2010 - 07:58 PM

Did a bit more work on the Allis.When I got the tractor the grill was missing.The muffler had been changed and it was sticking through the grill :bash:. I made a new one out of some metal from a old washing machine.I had to cut it and fit it into place where it sit's.Next I marked out lines every 1/2" and then started drilling holes on each intersecting line.Took awhile to do as you can imagine.Once the holes where all drilled I took a drill bit 2 sizes larger then the small hole's and I redrilled each hole just enough to remove any sharp edge and burs.That didn't take as long as the holes were there to follow.I painted it up let it dry and then insatlled it.Because of not having the proper muffler I had made one that I had laying around to work just so I could try out the tractor to see how it ran and how well the hydro worked.Me being the way I'am I didn't like the way the muffler was hanging out on the outside of the hood so decided to make one fit under the hood.I've ran it with this muffler on and the tractor is really quite,plus I like that its under the hood and all that sticks out is the pipe out through the cut out in the side of the hood.:DLarry

Attached Thumbnails

• grill & muffler 004 (Small).jpg
  • grill & muffler 003 (Small).jpg
  • grill & muffler 001 (Small).jpg
  • grill & muffler 002 (Small).jpg

#34 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,568 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted December 07, 2010 - 08:27 PM

Good work as always Larry!:thumbs:

#35 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted January 07, 2011 - 09:21 PM

Started doing the mechanical on the mower.One of the blade spindles has a bad brg.so took all three off and took them apart and cleaned them up.The discharge chute side spindle has the bad brg.I got lucky and had one in stock.I'am gonna try something different,these spindles are a pressed steel two piece spindle.I drilled and tapped each hub for a grease fitting.What I'll have to do is to take the inner dust seals off the brgs before I put them back together.Because of them being a two piece hub I'll have to put silicone between the two halves before bolting them back in place.Hoping that by doing this I'll beable to have a greaseable hub/spindle.I also cleaned up all the bolts and mounting plates/hardware.I'll have to do some work with the rear rollers as well as the front mount hardware.Its pretty sloppy in all the pivot's.Then of course I'll wire brush the whole deck and get it ready for paint. Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• allis restore 001 (Small).jpg
  • allis restore 002 (Small).jpg
  • allis restore 003 (Small).jpg
  • allis restore 004 (Small).jpg
  • allis restore 005 (Small).jpg

#36 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted January 07, 2011 - 09:34 PM

Good stuff, I'd say when you get everything done you will have yourself a pretty nice tractor that does different tasks.

#37 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted January 14, 2011 - 12:07 PM

Finished sanding/wire brushing the deck the other day so yesterday I started painting it up.Seeing that it's so cold and the paint doesn't dry to well I have a trick that I do. :laughingteeth:Yesterday what I did was brush on the first coat of paint,of course this morning it's still tacky.What I did today was spray it [using HVLP gun] you don't even see any brush marks and the paint doesn't run,unless of course you get over zealous. :blush2:The other thing is that it will take up to 3-4 days to be dry enough to handle,guess I won't be getting much shop time for a few days.:rolleyes:Thats OK as were supposed to be getting more snow and I sure could use some seat time.Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• allis restore 011 (Small).jpg
  • allis restore 010 (Small).jpg
  • allis restore 009 (Small).jpg
  • allis restore 006 (Small).jpg

#38 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted January 14, 2011 - 05:28 PM

That's looking great Larry! How cold is it where you have that?

#39 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted January 14, 2011 - 06:39 PM

Larry! How cold is it where you have that?

There's heat on in the shop all the time,I keep it set at 10c but when I really want it to dry faster I'll turn the heat up plus put a portable heater right underneath the stuff during the day only so that I can keep a eye on it.I don't really like turning the heat up as it's electric heat in the shop and I can put up with it taking a few extra days to dry rather then turning up the heat.Larry

#40 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted January 18, 2011 - 08:14 PM

Finally was able to put the mower deck back together today.I had to replace two of the bearings as they were pretty rough sounding.I'll grease it up tommoro before taking it out of the shop and putting it into the storage shed.Glad its done.The paint was actually dry to the touch two days after painting it,so I left it alone for a couple days just to let it cure a bit better.I need the room in the shop for another project so I'll be taking everything outside tommoro.The new paint is a armor coat rust proof paint that I found at Canadian Tire [Zesty Orange] It's so close to the original color that I didn't see the need to have to have any mixed up.I put a before pic of the deck just for comparison .:laughingteeth:Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• allis restore 002 (Small).jpg
  • allis restore 015 (Small).jpg
  • allis restore 014 (Small).jpg

#41 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted January 18, 2011 - 08:23 PM

Larry looks good I use that Armor coat or Tremclad type paint on a few tractors and find it works good, no primer needed. Be nice if you could get it in the correct colors but for what I've used it on I had to go with a close match.

#42 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted January 18, 2011 - 08:24 PM

You did an Awesome Job Larry

#43 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted January 29, 2011 - 07:37 PM

I worked on the snowblower all this week .First I washed all the grease and grime off,then took the auger off and replaced both bearings.They were pretty rough as the auger sounded noisy when I turned it by hand .Once I had it all apart I sanded/wire brushed everything down.I then put the auger back into the blower with the new bearings and what a difference,you don't hear any noise now.I then put the blower onto the saw horse,hug up the chute's,skid shoes,chain case cover etc: then set up the portable spray booth and spray painted all the parts.I sprayed a light coat on Thrusday right after lunch and left it over night.First thing Friday morning 8 am ,I went out to check to see if it was dry enough and it wasn't as the paint still was wet.I turned the heat up and left it alone untill around 2 pm Friday afternoon I checked it and it was ready for the second coat.I then sprayed it and checked it this morning it wasn't quite dry so I left it alone.I'll take some pics of it tommoro all painted up but of course not put back together as I'll let the paint cure better before I put it together. Here's some pics of it before being painted and the bearings being changed.It sure looks way different now.In fact it looks like a brand new blower:laughingteeth:[basically it is] Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• Allis Restore 017 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 018 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore (Small) (2).jpg

#44 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted January 30, 2011 - 09:49 AM

Went out and took a few pics of the painted blower,just layed the chutes on top this is what it looks like painted but not together.I won't be bolting anything together for a few days.I touched the paint and it's dry to the touch but it will take a few days to cure before I'll feel comfortable bolting it back together.Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• Allis Restore 019 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 020 (Small).jpg
  • Allis Restore 021 (Small).jpg

#45 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7