#16 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted November 21, 2010 - 10:38 AM

Good work Larry on freeing up those hydro valves and thanks for posting the how you did it pictures! I am sure someone else will run into the same problem in the future and be able to use your idea.

Thanks Mike and {everyone else} thats why I take pics and post stuff like this..I figure the same thing others will have a similair problem and beable to get there's fixed as well.I always look for solutions and answer's and ways to fix repair stuff. Larry

#17 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted November 21, 2010 - 10:49 AM

I did a bit more yesterday almost not worth mentioning.I took the steering gear out of the tractor and took it apart cleaned it up and put in a grease fitting into the bushing that's just above the bevel gear.The bushing was so dry and gummed up that I could barely turn the steering wheel.Now it's very easy to turn and steer.I also cleaned up the front clutch and painted all the parts.I'am going to be slow gear now as with the winter weather upon us and the high/low pressure my lower back.and shoulders are so bad that I'll be limited in doing stuff ,just plug along as what my body will allow.Larry

#18 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted November 22, 2010 - 08:32 PM

I had to do something today so went out and used a wire brush attachment on the drill to take the old paint and rust off the front rims..I checked to see what sort of stuff I'll have to buy next time I'am in town to start putting the motor into the tractor.I was looking in different parts manuals to see if I could get a idea of what I need to do to make up linkages for the throttle and choke cable's ,that I'am missing.I'll have to make stuff up once I get the motor mounted and then try and figure that out.Just picking away as I see fit.Larry

#19 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 06:24 PM

Sanded down the rear rims today and seeing it was warmer out I masked the tires & then I spray painted the the front and rear rims outside and carried them back in to dry.Just used spray cans of recreation white to paint.I didn't take any pics will see about doing that tommoro while there still up on the drying rack.Had a bunch of other stuff to do so didn't have time to be taking pics.I try to get stuff done on the warmer days.Larry

#20 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 05:39 PM

Took a pic of the rims painted up there just barely dry enough to have taken the masking tape off once they dry better I'll scrape the paint off the front tires where the masking tape didn't take a good hold:bash:.Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• allis restore (Small).jpg

#21 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 06:09 PM

Looking good Larry! Don't you gotta love nice new paint!

#22 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted November 25, 2010 - 06:22 PM

Don't you gotta love nice new paint!

Nice new paint sure makes things look good for sure.One problem is that I sure hate to put it to work as it's surely going to get dirty,scuffed,and scratched.Once it get's a few things like that then I don't feel so bad about making it work.Larry

#23 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 07:18 PM

Did a bit more work today.I put the tire's and freshly painted rims on the tractor.I then put the new motor into the tractor and took out the old exhaust fitting so I could try and figure out what I'll need to pick up in the way of different fittings so that I can hopefully use one of the three mufflers that I have for the Kohler engine.Once I had the motor bolted down I was able to hook up the driveshaft and then put the electric lift back in.I also installed the front clutch as well.Next I'll have to try and make linkages for the choke and throttle cable's.Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• allis motor install 001 (Small).jpg
  • allis motor install 002 (Small).jpg
  • allis motor install 004 (Small).jpg
  • allis motor install 006 (Small).jpg
  • allis motor install 007 (Small).jpg
  • allis motor install 008 (Small).jpg

#24 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 07:54 PM

Looking Good Larry!

#25 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 07:56 PM

Larry,you're coming right along.

#26 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted November 28, 2010 - 09:25 PM

Figured out the throttle and choke linkage today so have that all working now.I checked out the old wiring harness and wires and was able to hook all the wires back up to where they need to be.I did change one wire,the one from the coil down to the points was so stiff and brittle that the outer layer would crack as soon as you tried to bend it.The next thing is going to be to put in a new switch for the electric lift as the old switch has fallen apart.I'll have to put all new wires in as well for the electric lift. At least it's getting closer to hearing it run and driving it around.Once its up and running I"ll put the snowblower on and try it out.Getting kinda anxious to see it in action. Larry

#27 Guest_Big Bill_*

Guest_Big Bill_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 28, 2010 - 10:42 PM

I've got two 1975 Alis 716H, both with electric lifts, one with less than 500 hours, looks like it rolled of the show room floor, the others not quite as nice, but still better than 90 percent of the old machines out there, I cant get over how much torque these machines have. I have a Simplicity with a Briggs 16 horse and it doesn't compare, as soon as I can I'm going to swap it out with a kohler, that should ruffle a few feathers, but I don't care, history speaks for itself, most everyone one used kohler singles, a few Wisconsin's, and few Tecumsehs, and Briggs in Simplicity and a a few Sears models, hey if they were that great, there would be a bunch more out there.

#28 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted December 01, 2010 - 05:24 PM

I put the gas tank in and put in a new fuel line,fuel filter,and shut off valve the other day.I had ordered the battery so I picked it up and put it in.I then put the wheel weight's on and the chains.Once that was done my little guy took it for a test drive .He had to try it out in the snow to see what it would go through.Today I dragged out the snowblower and put it on the tractor once it was on I tried it out and when the little guy came home from school he had to try it out.Good thing I left some places for him to blow.:DIt sure runs nice and blows snow nice.At least I'am glad to hear and see it up and working.I'll have to get a proper muffler and a grill for it and then I can say that the tractor is ready to go.I'll have to check over the tiller and mower deck yet.The winter project is getting close to being done.:orangecool:?? What next we'll have to wait and see.LOL Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• allis winter project 025 (Small).jpg
  • allis winter project 026 (Small).jpg
  • allis winter project 027 (Small).jpg
  • allis winter project 028 (Small).jpg
  • allis winter project 030 (Small).jpg
  • allis winter project 032 (Small).jpg

#29 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted December 01, 2010 - 05:38 PM

Thanks for the pics!
That's a single stage blower correct?

I've been waiting to use my blower but all we have is the horrible wet packing snow that needs to be cleared by the blade.

#30 mjodrey ONLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 01, 2010 - 06:30 PM

Thanks for the pics Larry.