Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Can Anyone Help Identify This Model? I Think It A Jacobson.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Clint OFFLINE  

Clint

• Member No: 8265
  • 412 Thanks
  • 294 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 12:35 AM

Hi guys,

I picked this up a few months back for $50.00. Everything you see is what I have for it. The reel mowers are gone and any sheet metal or covers that may have had identifying info on it is gone. I got the engine to turn over by jumping the starter and supplying power to the coil. I need to get a rebuild kit for the carburetor. It won't stay running and I noticed the bowl gasket was also missing. Why do I always find "such great buys?!" It has a 14 horse Kohler that drives a hydraulic pump. It supplies power to everything but the steering. That is manually controlled by cables. It needs tires, or tubes. I may try to convert it to a log splitter if the pump has to capacity to do so. I have plenty of mowers, and hey, I don't have the reels anyway. Does anyone know what model this is and if the pump has the output I would need? I also want to find an old bale elevator and run it off of one of the other hydraulic motors. split and load with one machine....if the output is there. We will see. I also need a hydraulic filter for it, as it was also missing when I got it. Any help identifying this thing would be greatly appreciated! Hopefully the pump is good. If not, I know the engine was worth $50.00.

Thanks!

IMAG0347.jpg IMAG0348.jpg IMAG0349.jpg IMAG0350.jpg IMAG0351.jpg

• boyscout862 and larryd have said thanks

#2 KC9KAS ONLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,781 Thanks
  • 4,302 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 04:15 AM

Are you thinking of just driving up to the wood pile, splitting the wood, use an elevator to load the wood into a truck, then drive away?

Sounds like a plan!

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Log splitters usually have a 2 stage pump: 1st stage is quick, and the 2nd stage is the power. There are better explinations, but this is the short version.

Edited by KC9KAS, July 22, 2013 - 06:04 PM.

• boyscout862 and larryd have said thanks

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 04:57 AM

I'm not an expert in hydraulics but with 14hp and if the mower deck was run by a hydraulic motor you should have enough capacity for a log splitter.  You could use that as a portable hydraulic power pack. One thing that comes to mind is that you may need to add a larger reservoir for a splitter due to the large cylinder volume. 

• larryd said thank you

#4 larryd OFFLINE  

larryd
  • Member No: 15865
  • 724 Thanks
  • 1,058 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 08:05 AM

Sounds like a plan to me . Good luck

larryd

#5 Clint OFFLINE  

Clint

• 412 Thanks
  • 294 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 08:29 AM

Thanks guys, but any idea on the model???

#6 Clint OFFLINE  

Clint

• 412 Thanks
  • 294 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 08:30 AM

Are you thinking of judt driving up to the wood pile, splitting the wood, use an elevator to load the wood into a truck, then drive away?

Sounds like a plan!

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Log splitters usually have a 2 stage pump: 1st stage is quick, and the 2nd stage is the power. There are better explinations, but this is the short version.

That's pretty much the idea. I'm 6 shades of lazy and full of ideas.