#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted July 20, 2013 - 10:36 PM

Bought a Brochure on epay about two Speedex models that I never heard of or ever seen anywhere. It is from 1988. Shows Eagle, a lighter unit and Falcon, the heavier unit. Both even had hydros with foot pedals available. Eagle had Foote brand stick and Falcon had a Peerless trans-axle. They are mostly WHITE also, with some red and black accents. I'll try to get pix up here later. I WANT one of those Falcon Hydros!!  Wonder if I would ever find one? Bet not many made.

• larryd and geissenkid have said thanks

#2 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• Member No: 40756
  • 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted July 20, 2013 - 11:37 PM

Well no but i know speedex was bought out by strongland for a year them sold back to speedex but they kept making speedexs into the early 90s

• larryd said thank you

#3 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 12:09 AM

I saw one a while back, looked like new and the guy couldn't get 400.00 for it cause it said Speedex, bunches of them around here a while back, not a good reputation.

• larryd said thank you

#4 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,600 Thanks
  • 7,656 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 06:52 AM

Well no but i know speedex was bought out by strongland for a year them sold back to speedex but they kept making speedexs into the early 90s

What was their final end? Did they just get too expensive to make? What became of the Speedex co.?

• larryd said thank you

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 08:44 AM

There is a History on www.speedextractors.org I think it is. One of the sights anyway, not sure how far it goes. Story I got is it went broke, then fella tried to re-start in 90's and didn't last long, then Strongland bought some rights, but only had hydros and it lasted about 3 years and went broke. I HAD a 98 Speedex with heavy cast nose and updated power steering last year, think there are pix on here of it cleaned up and painted. I also have Brochures of Stronglands that look similar, cept the nose is back to tin on them. They looked great in bigger sizes. Decks were not so great I heard and they had weird brand of hydro pump that was trouble and not made for long that went bad. I've Seen one of those at Portland, IN show before with a loader and pump was gone on it, and fella still wanted $6000 for it as is. I would have liked to have it, but not for that money!  There is a Strongland site or two on web too, No action hardly, but think it is on Yahoo maybe or do a google search for it. They also speak late model Speedex then too.

• larryd said thank you

#6 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 08:49 AM

Lily's Dad, Yes, I think all the makers found it too expensive to build nice tractors anymore when you could buy the import compacts from major companies for about same price and they were much more tractor for the money. MTD bought out most of them as they died off, just for the names and made a few tinny models of each by changing the colors, some tin here and there, and kept the recognized brand names in stores to be easier to sell then. MTD and AYP or what ever it is called now are making most of all the tin junk you can buy now days.

• LilysDad and larryd have said thanks

#7 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 12:10 AM

A couple of years ago there was a Speedex 16H on EPay for quite a while. Can't remember where is was, but It was light blue, had a front blade and a mower deck with it. I wish I had gone to get it, wherever it was!

• OkieGt said thank you

#8 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 12:59 AM

A couple of years ago there was a Speedex 16H on EPay for quite a while. Can't remember where is was, but It was light blue, had a front blade and a mower deck with it. I wish I had gone to get it, wherever it was!

newer model when Strongland bought them?

1995 Stongland 1872 (1).jpg

speedex falcon.jpg

Edited by OkieGt, July 25, 2013 - 01:04 AM.

• Alc said thank you

#9 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 05:06 PM

attachicon.gif1995 Stongland 1872 (1).jpg

attachicon.gifspeedex falcon.jpg

No, the one I saw was pre-Strongland. Looked a lot like my 1631, but it was hydro and had hydraulic lift. I'll have to look around and see if I saved any pictures of that tractor. I think I have them somewhere.....

#10 speedex99gt OFFLINE  

speedex99gt
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10699
  • 43 Thanks
  • 52 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 12:37 PM

Ive never seen a falcon. but i'd like one, they look pretty cool.

#11 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted May 10, 2015 - 08:20 PM

Photo05090748.jpg    1986 Speedex Falcon at ACAEC spring event in Wayne Ohio  yesterday  . He had stuff for sale but this beauty seemed to be for display only .

Hydro  serial number 7801  .

#12 speedex99gt OFFLINE  

speedex99gt
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10699
  • 43 Thanks
  • 52 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 06:14 PM

There i a nice Strongland about 25 minutes from me http://akroncanton.c...4988150304.html

• Bmerf said thank you

#13 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted May 14, 2015 - 02:25 PM

attachicon.gif1995 Stongland 1872 (1).jpg

attachicon.gifspeedex falcon.jpg

That blue Falcon used to be owned by my brother and he gave it the "custom" paint job and built the power steering pump front blade setup for it.

#14 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted May 14, 2015 - 10:03 PM

User: Brother know where that is now and if maybe available?  Tossed into a corner of the barn maybe?  I want one if you ever see one, but can't afford over-priced one. Would look at "distressed" one even.  Course, we'ld have to go thru the delivery routine and such, heh!

#15 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted May 18, 2015 - 10:12 PM

User: Brother know where that is now and if maybe available?  Tossed into a corner of the barn maybe?  I want one if you ever see one, but can't afford over-priced one. Would look at "distressed" one even.  Course, we'ld have to go thru the delivery routine and such, heh!

I think your buddy from Dubois ended up with it.