Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,625 posts

Posted July 20, 2013 - 06:19 AM

The weather has really hampered the shows  around here .  Only one of the four that I've been to had a very good turnout ,  it takes so much to put them on and the costs that go with the it . Our local show didn't have a rain threat but high heat & humidity yesterday .   I didn't think there were as many participants & people as other years . Today the temps are lower but an afternoon thunder storm is supposed to come  I'm hoping more set up today and people come anyway,  I'll post the show pictures in a different thread later.Time to get going

http://www.jacktown.org/index.htm

Attached Thumbnails

• P3040315.JPG
  • P3040316.JPG
  • P3040317.JPG

• Gtractor and Bruce Dorsi have said thanks

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted July 20, 2013 - 07:07 AM

Sounds just like Winnamac, IN one I'm at this week. Sitting here Sat morn at home listening to thunder after a rain, but looks like it is gonna get sunny and be warm again by noon.  I'm off this AM one more time. Will be bringing tractors and stuff home tonight.

• Alc said thank you

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,303 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted July 20, 2013 - 07:42 AM

Last 3 years, attendance has been down a little at a time at most shows around here, most who didnt come or show point at gas prices. I have not gone places I've really wanted to for more years than that because of gas, this year is just worse.

Our show was only down a little, was expecting even less because of Thurs nite/Fri morn rain, but people came anyways and had a good time., by Friday evening, you couldn't even tell it had rained.

I'm hoping it quits raining soon, Ryan, Steve, and I want to go to Saegertown show. They are saying rain till noon, we will see.
  • Alc said thank you

#4 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,625 posts

Posted July 20, 2013 - 06:29 PM

Things did pick up today  :dancingbanana:  Not nearly as hot as yesterday , I'll post those pics soon

#5 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted July 20, 2013 - 07:39 PM

Last 3 years, attendance has been down a little at a time at most shows around here, most who didnt come or show point at gas prices. I have not gone places I've really wanted to for more years than that because of gas, this year is just worse.

Our show was only down a little, was expecting even less because of Thurs nite/Fri morn rain, but people came anyways and had a good time., by Friday evening, you couldn't even tell it had rained.

I'm hoping it quits raining soon, Ryan, Steve, and I want to go to Saegertown show. They are saying rain till noon, we will see.

I agree 100%. Fuel prices are putting a real damper on peoples recreational plans.

We've just gone through an 8% increase at the pumps, in the past week.

Most people just can't handle that, so they cancel their plans.

When will the governments wake up, and put an end to that sort

of robbery? Probably never, as long as the lobbyists are filling

the politicians pockets.

#6 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted July 20, 2013 - 08:22 PM

When will the governments wake up, and put an end to that sort of robbery? Probably never, as long as the lobbyists are filling the politicians pockets.

Plus it's not like any of those politicians actually have to pay for their gas.