13 replies to this topic

#1 broken2 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 02:10 AM

First a disclaimer/explanation... This post may be a little weird (disclaimer). Explanation: I worked very hard on a yard machine transaxle in 93+ degree, humid, nasty heat today. Then went in to get some iced tea- 1/2 cup iced tea left- not enough- went to make more- filled iced tea container with water - it looked like iced tea before I added the tea (nasty). Then i remembered the "will be flushing hydrant today" sign I saw on the way home tonight. Can't drink the water, look for something else(dying of thirst). I see two other options, one says "diet" on it. The only way I will drink something diet is if it is diet water from the fountain of youth. Other option- several bottles of "Twisted Tea" (hard iced tea), it's refreshing and yummy. Then I see a thread by Kenny about his new box blade and pulling a stump, I respond with a pic of me pulling a stump and BOOM! - I want to post a thread about me pulling stumps, it's Kenny's fault. Okay, it all started(this could take awhile, get comfy) when my wife said we had to get up early to do something on a Saturday last summer. I can't remember what it was(surprising huh?) but I got up early and when she said "hurry up, we're running late" I of course went into the den to check out the new listings on craigslist. There it was: "Kelley 3pt hitch backhoe $1000" listed 8 minutes ago. I called the guy, told him I wanted it, got his address and took off. On the way over there I realized I didn't have $1000. Luckily I remembered who I inherited my tractor/attachment addiction from and called my Dad, he was there seconds after I arrived. The thing was mint and had it's own pto driven pump. I asked my Dad if he wanted to go halves on it and he said "do you think it's worth it". I told him if he didn't want to go halves I was going to drive my car to the scrap yard, pull the plates and get the extra money i needed for the backhoe ( I was serious, my cars a pile). Okay, we got the backhoe, my wife got over the missed whatever it was, I mounted the backhoe on Dads 1952 8n with loader & hi/low trans, and now I need to dig something up: Enter the two miserable, non-dying, poison ivy growing eye sore stumps from hell. These pics are from 3 of the hottest, most humidest(ya, that's a word) day's of last summer + pics of this spring when I hauled them to the "town clean-up" transfer station(they loved me and my stumps(sarcastic),(I realize some of you don't recognize sarcasm)(that's sad),(especially if your often exposed to someone like me), (if your one of those people seek help now), (I've seen what can happen). Wow, my dog just farted, he's nasty(leftover fish fry). I gotta get outta here for a bit, I'll post the pics when the funk clears.

• MH81, hamman, KennyP and 4 others have said thanks

#2 broken2 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 03:22 AM

Damn dog.

chain is hooked to drawbar, box blade for weight and protection against broken/slipped chain    

thought you were a tough stump ay!

I kicked your stump a$$

chain hooked low on stump, pulls up on stump, down on tractor

DSC01033.JPG                DSC01036.JPG

stop looking at my underpants!

Just when I thought I was a tough guy for working my day job then messing with the stumps in the hot muggy afternoon, dad shows up after driving to Syracuse the day before, picking up two 48' trailers(tandems), hauling them to New jersey, picking up two more, hauling those back to Syracuse, then driving to my house to help me with the stumps till dark with no sleep.

Why is it that the hotter it gets, the more my pants fall down?... annoying!

DSC01052.JPG DSC01062.JPG DSC01068.JPG DSC01117.JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC01263.JPG
  • DSC01267.JPG
  • DSC01279 1.JPG
  • DSC01296 1.JPG

• Gtractor, MH81, Alc and 6 others have said thanks

#3 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 03:48 AM

You came, you dug, you whipped their butts!!!
  • hamman and larryd have said thanks

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,684 Thanks
  • 39,058 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 04:01 AM

Yours are bigger than mine! Don't think the FF could handle those!

• larryd said thank you

• Member No: 10038
  • 4,677 Thanks
  • 4,224 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 04:17 AM

Very interesting story and photos!

• larryd said thank you

#6 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 05:17 AM

Glad you got them out safely. A guy was killed near here a few days ago when he was crushed by a tractor while trying to remove a stump!

• larryd said thank you

#7 LilysDad OFFLINE  

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,248 Thanks
  • 7,478 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 06:25 AM

Wow, go easy on that Twisted Tea! Did you get that water main repaired?

• larryd said thank you

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,713 Thanks
  • 28,354 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 06:30 AM

My kids want to know why I read for a minute, then laugh, then read, then laugh..

Thanks for a funny stry, some neat footage, (except the undies, haven't eaten yet)

Oh, and this is for your dog.

A simple technique you can use to minimize your dog's problem with gas is to add a bit of live yogurt cultures to your dog's food. The live yogurt cultures contain bacteria that will help to wipe out the nasty gas forming bacteria that are causing problems for your dog. Some dogs may have problems digesting milk products. If this is the case with your dog, try using a soy based live yogurt culture in your dog's food. As an added bonus, the addition of active yogurt cultures can help to boost your dog's immune system and protect him against disease.

Another solution that you can use along with the live yogurt cultures is to give your dog charcoal biscuits which can help to absorb some of the foul smelling odor and gas. You should be able to find these at your local pet store.

• larryd said thank you

#9 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,153 Thanks
  • 4,566 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 06:37 AM

So your picture on the stump says it all!!!   :D

It sure is nice to have a backhoe to do these things..  I have shovels, axes and crowbars & have removed about 15 or so in my yard since we moved here in 2003..  Of course the tractor & truck came in handy..  I have other pictures but can't find them..  Enjoy!!

big tree down.jpg

• larryd said thank you

#10 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,380 Thanks
  • 3,961 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 06:57 AM

post-85-0-71707600-1374218625_thumb.jpg   well done, Tarzan   :wave:

• WNYTractorTinkerer and larryd have said thanks

• Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 08:40 AM

Those are known as man size stumps.

• larryd said thank you

#12 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 09:08 AM

A great task to test out the backhoe! It looks like it preformed well! Thanks for the story!

• larryd said thank you

#13 larryd OFFLINE  

• Member No: 15865
  • 724 Thanks
  • 1,058 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 02:00 PM

Good equipment hands down a good job

#14 dropped82 ONLINE  

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,338 Thanks
  • 1,195 posts

Posted July 19, 2013 - 02:17 PM

That was a great story. I knew it was gonna get good when the Twisted Tea was mentioned.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2