Well, I haven't been online much in past months. Job's been a hassle but I have been escaping out to the garage some to build some goodies. Just more of my old tricks. Building out implements one by one for Franky - P.
Just a bit of history, for anyone who cares or newcomers.
1) Built the custom panzer from putting together an 1107 and a t70b.
2) Continued build
3) Added a 3 speed transmission to give more gear selection and a geared reverse.
4) Built a rear dump bucket for it from a craftsman front bucket. I love this thing. I've bucketed 2b stone for a patio base and mulch and dirt and it is fantastic.
5) I adapted a craftsman grass bagger to it. It plugged just as much as any other non-vacuumed baggers so I then added a 3hp briggs vacuum to the system. I FORGOT TO TAKE PICTURES! While it was on, I'll get pictures in the fall, but the vacuum is mounted off to the side, kind of like the setup in this link, but with a regular 2 bag setup, not a trash can. http://sleequipment....ris-vacuum.html
Now.... latest project.... SNOWBLOWER! You'll see in one of the previous builds that I have a front blade for it. But leaving it at that is not much fun, is it? In fact, I believe that now that I'm building a snowblower, that I will take the blade and mount on the back to act as a counterweight and to use if the snow were to ever get too thick for a snowblower.
I've had chances at getting the snowblower that was made for a panzer 1107 (which the frame/engine setup is based on) but some of the stuff I've put on would get in the way and... I really wanted a 2 stage blower which none of the stock panzer snowblowers are so.... I find an old derelict cub cadet 2 stage snowblower which has been sitting for quite a while. I wanted a 42 inch and the ad for this one said it was, but turns out it's only a 40. Oh well, what's 2 inches... (can someone give me a "that's what she said"?).
Anyway, I'm already pretty late in the project, it's about ready for paint. But I did get some pics today to show what's been cut and monkeyed with to get it to fit. Basically cut off the old front mounts and made new ones. added pieces at the rear mount to make it attach to the tube frame. used the idler pulleys that are used for the 1107 mower, but turned them to face the snowblower. Used a shorter belt than was used for the cub it came from, but it fits about the same way.
You can see everywhere I welded or bent tubing to fit or cut/rewelded by the burnt non-yellow parts. It'll be just black when it's done... like all my other implements.
So... Tested it out today. It lives! Think it's going to work well this winter... if we get snow. Like I said, about ready for paint.
Good to be back and reading and posting. It's just that I haven't been online much, let alone here. It's not like you guys smell bad or anything.
Edited by cookiemonster, July 19, 2013 - 11:58 AM.