5 replies to this topic

#1 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1559
  • 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted November 14, 2010 - 06:21 PM

Hi all. would anyone know of a 3point hitch for a QT16[1666] such as approx cost, location etc? Maybe could arrange to trade for?

thanks GEORGE

#2 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted November 14, 2010 - 06:39 PM

If your really in need of one I believe Sam's Bolens has them.
(they are not cheap).
  • dryrun said thank you

#3 SnowmanPA OFFLINE  

SnowmanPA

• Member No: 2003
  • 12 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted March 23, 2011 - 01:53 PM

You could try Redland Hill. They sell generic Cat 0 hitches. Here is a link to their eBay sale.

GARDEN TRACTOR 3 POINT HITCH KIT CATEGORY 0 (CAT 0) - eBay (item 330355264171 end time Apr-18-11 08:19:21 PDT)

Has anybody on the forum bought one of these? I want one myself, but I'm wondering about the quality? Anybody???

Edited by SnowmanPA, March 23, 2011 - 01:53 PM.
typo

#4 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted March 27, 2011 - 09:23 PM

Snowman, thanks for reply, I will try to do a little more research on this. From the looks of the picture, there is a lot more needed for my tractor anyway. It said everything in the picture included, but a lot more is needed. If your tractor had lift arms at the top it would not be so bad, but the way i see the picture this would only be the start on the parts i would need. Unless I am missing something.

#5 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted March 27, 2011 - 09:31 PM

18086%20page%202.jpg This will give you idea what I'm talking about

regards,George

#6 SnowmanPA OFFLINE  

SnowmanPA

• Member No: 2003
  • 12 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted March 28, 2011 - 12:35 AM

Bolens 3-point 1.jpg

George, I know what you mean. In addition to the 3-pt itself, you also need the Lift Kit as well. I was lucky enough to find a QT last fall that had the Lift Kit, but not the 3-pt. Until I got this one, I was figuring that I would have to fabricate my own. As it is, I'm going to be modifying mine anyway. The factory setup utilizes the central rockshaft that raises the deck and the plow, so you can only use one attachment at a time.

I am going to add another lift cylinder and separate valve for the 3-pt because I have a plan to run a 3-pt snowblower and a plow simultaneously. That way I can plow if the snow is less than a foot or so, but still have the option to blow the snow when it gets too deep for effective plowing, while retaining individual control of both front and rear attachments.

If you buy a 3-pt but you don't have the lift kit, you could mount a lift cylinder vertically between the area of the trailer hitch and a rock shaft like the one in the picture. I've seen this done by others on other forums.

If you want to see more about other hydraulic mods, let me know and I'll find the links.

Ted
Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• Bolens 3-point.jpg
  • Q_series_interchange.jpg
  • QT 3-pt hitch.jpg

• Bolens 1000 and dryrun have said thanks