• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 02:34 PM

Sounds like it went well for both the kids. You have had a busy week and I sure your glad and sad it's all over.

Are you going to get them into the "Showmanship" side of it, that's more about the kids then the animals.

#17 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,503 Thanks
  • 4,955 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 09:35 AM

Sounds like it went well for both the kids. You have had a busy week and I sure your glad and sad it's all over.

Are you going to get them into the "Showmanship" side of it, that's more about the kids then the animals.

Showmanship is like pulling teeth for both of them. My daughter expressed interest in doing rabbit showmanship, but has never done it. I know if they would try to do it in goats, they would not do too well, there are kids in both their age groups that have been doing it since they were little and are excellent showman.  One kid my son's age, now shows both goats and sheep, he won Sheep showmanship and was in the showman of showman for the overall, but got beat out by someone a couple yrs older so my son wouldn't have a chance against him. Not to mention our goats all act like butt heads when walking  :D

Bian, we should get the son's score sheets for engine project within the next month, I will make a copy and send to you so you get an idea on how they judge those books I sent you.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you