• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FZR OFFLINE  

FZR
  • Member No: 40745
  • 1 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 07:39 PM

Hello everyone.  I'm new here.  I've spent time going through forums and manuals trying to find a  picture of the undercarriage of this model.  I need to install a new drive belt that runs from the Vertical Drive Shaft to the Transmission.  The old belt broke so I'm not certain as to the path the belt should take around the pullies idler wheels and guides.  I did find the instructions for the replacement.  It included a VERY bad picture.  The picture is so bad that I can't  even make out the guides.  Does anyone have a better picture or link to one?

The LT-1100 3-speed has a pulley on the transmission, it also has two idler pulleys mounted on the chassis.  There is a single guide on the rear idler pulley shaft and a double guide on the front idler pulley shaft.  There is one more guide mounted directly on the chassis next to the transmission pulley.  Up front on the vertical drive shaft that comes from the engine, there are two pulleys.  One drives the transmission.  The other drives attachments like the mowing deck blades, snow blower, etc. I think I have the belt path for the transmission belt pretty well figured out except for the path around the front idler pulley and front double guide. 

The odd thing is that there is a very clear diagram in the parts manual that shows the belt, the shape the belt takes when it is properly installed, and all the pulleys and guides except the front idler pulley and double guide.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

• Dieselcubmike said thank you

#2 Bmerf ONLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 11:41 PM

:welcometogttalk:  Welcome FZR. I don't have any wheel horse tractors, but to the best of my knowledge, the belt on the engine pulley, needs to go between the upper pulley and the guides. The guides are what keeps the belt on the pulley when the clutch is depressed and the belt goes slack disengaging the transmission. As far as the other idler pulley, it can only go on two ways, right and wrong. The right way it will be tight with the clutch pedal is let off (up) and the transmission engaged. If you put it on and it is loose, simply move the belt to the other side of the idler pulley. If it is way to tight, one of your idler pulleys should have an adjustment, usually just loosen the correct idler (the one with the adjustment slot) and slide the whole idler pulley one way or another. (You may or may not be able to see the slot or the clutch pedal linkage may have the adjustment) I may not even know what I am talking about, I don't have any wheel horse tractors. But this should get you going in the right direction. 

Again, Welcome to the site. I'm sure a wheel horse expert will be along and set us straight.

• JDBrian said thank you

#3 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted July 18, 2013 - 10:02 AM

Hello there and welcome! :wave: