• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 06:24 PM

To the best amusement park I've ever been to. I'm sure many of you PA guys have been there, and if you haven't and have kids, you've got to try it.
Knoebles http://www.knoebels.com

It might not be the biggest, but it sure is the most family friendly place going. You can't beat the price. Free admission, free parking and very reasonable priced food. They even allow you to bring you own food & drink if you want too. Try that at any other park.

The wife, kids & I are heading up next Tuesday after lunch, hitting the park till they close @ 10 pm. Then staying at a hotel in Danville (home of the famous Pa plow day) and then going back when they open at noon the next day. We will stay till they close and either drive home after or stay in Danville another night.

Anyone wanna come ? We can have a GTtalk get together.

We've been going for 10 years, and don't get tired of it. You can have Hershey park and the other ones that cost a fortune to go to.

• hamman and larryd have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,522 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 07:17 PM

Are you buying the plane ticket for me to come?  Sounds like a good time, have fun!

• Team_Green and larryd have said thanks

#3 collinmf12 OFFLINE  

collinmf12
  • Member No: 10011
  • 114 Thanks
  • 197 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 07:19 PM

yep ive been there a lot of fun

• larryd said thank you

#4 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 07:20 PM

Ken, Is it really better than the Hip-Hop showcase carnival in Jersey City ?  :D 

P.S. Saw Knoebels on a show years ago about "best" parks in America, highly rated place. :thumbs:

• WNYTractorTinkerer and larryd have said thanks

#5 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 08:14 PM

Are you buying the plane ticket for me to come? Sounds like a good time, have fun!

Borrow Scott's GTtalk Gold American Express. Make it a business trip and your covered. 1st class tickets of course.
  • KennyP, WNYTractorTinkerer and larryd have said thanks

#6 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 08:20 PM

Ken, Is it really better than the Hip-Hop showcase carnival in Jersey City ? :D

P.S. Saw Knoebels on a show years ago about "best" parks in America, highly rated place. :thumbs:

Jersey City ? Where is that ? I bet I've been through there maybe once. I avoid the northeast part of NJ as much as I can.

They've had so many good write ups that's its not PA's best kept secret anymore. Each year it seems busier.
But it's never as busy as the other parks in PA & NJ.
I NEVER go on the weekends, I hear it gets packed.
My kids are super excited about going, between Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts stuff we did not get a chance to go last year. Most years we got 2 or 3 times.

• larryd said thank you

#7 larryd OFFLINE  

larryd
  • Member No: 15865
  • 724 Thanks
  • 1,058 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 08:26 PM

Sounds like fun to me bu out of pocket

larryd

#8 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 12:29 AM

I haven't been to an amusement park since my blind date tossed her entire dinner off the top of the ferris wheel at the Columbus Oh fair in 1959...  Just the sound of people on those rides sets my hair on end...  But, thanks for the invitation!:D

#9 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 05:54 AM

My cousin who lives not far from Knobles kept telling my aunt and uncle to go there , mine you they where in their 60's at the time , when they finily did they loved it ! They didn't spend a lot of money for the few rides that they went on  and food was good too !  They had a great time and went back very year after that until my uncle stopped driving that long of distance ( about 2 hours for him ) Went went camping there ( you stay walking distance to the park ) before my daughther was born so that was over 20 years ago , we went back every year for a good many years . The last 3 year my SIL and I took her other sister's kids there and they keep wanting to go back . Great  old time park with lots of history !