A while back, I changed out the RH seal and changed the fluid in the Peerless hydro, I noticed since moving that the LH was leaking. At that time, I looked at that side and all was fine, Since the new seal came yesterday, it was time to take it apart.
First off, 75# weight removal:
Then the tire:
Evidence of leakage:
Removing the 1-1/8" nut holding the flange on:
Cheater bar wasn't really needed. Now, the 3-jaw puller on the flange:
A good tightening and a couple love taps from the BFH persuaded it to comply:
On the left is the correct seal, Peerless 788049. The one on the right is what was in there, National 481782. Only half the sealing area with it.
Edit: I am using Wally World's Super Tech Heavy Duty Hydraulic & Transmission oil in this.
Now, I'm off to the local farm supply (Atwoods) to see if they have the flexible tubing for the fill hose & a stop at Dollar General for some degreaser. I am going to change the fluid again as there is still a lot of red fluid in there.
More to come, stay tuned!