Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Please Keep Me In Your Thoughts And Prayers....

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,879 Thanks
  • 3,201 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 12:40 AM

Hang I there pwombles, time has a way of helping, just by passing by and giving us an opportunity to examine what is really happening. Sometimes we're just so busy hurting we can't figure out a solution. Communication is an important key in all relationships, and we know you are trying that--- don't give up.
  • tinbender7, pwombles, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#17 achomesteader OFFLINE  

achomesteader

GT Fanatic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8128
  • 867 Thanks
  • 2,231 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 05:57 AM

Your family is in my prayers.

• tinbender7, pwombles and boyscout862 have said thanks

#18 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 12:00 PM

Good Luck with getting your family back together. This is a time when I've seen many guys do really dumb things. Don't do anything that you will regret. Distract yourself with constructive activities. Put in more effort at work. Work on the house/yard/car/education/tractor. Start a separate savings account, just incase. Spend some time looking into yourself(this does not work with alcohol). Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, July 16, 2013 - 12:01 PM.

• tinbender7, pwombles, LilysDad and 1 other said thanks

#19 oldtimer OFFLINE  

oldtimer
  • Member No: 10588
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 12:25 PM

Hang in there pwombles. Feel free to talk here.  All the folks here are willing to listen and some may have good advice. We'll ( wife and I  ) will keep yoin our thoughts and prayers.  Wishing you the best. 

• tinbender7 and pwombles have said thanks

#20 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 12:39 PM

Hang in there pwombles. Feel free to talk here.  All the folks here are willing to listen and some may have good advice. We'll ( wife and I  ) will keep yoin our thoughts and prayers.  Wishing you the best. 

Keep in mind to talk advice on a forum with a grain of salt. What works for others wont always work for you .... Keep the goal in mind and work towards it. Good luck and your all in my thoughts.

• tinbender7, pwombles, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#21 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 04:52 PM

Wishing and praying for the best for you, but spend some money and get an attorney on retainer now. She did not do this spur of the moment, she had a plan. You are already behind. It is a tough pill to swallow but you need to be prepared. Do not tell her that you are even thinking of talking to an attorney. Let her play her hand but be prepared.

Im a BTDT too and it sucked. I was behind but I caught up quickly. It sucked. I didnt see it coming. It sucked. It came, It sucked. I found an attorney, it sucked. I fought for my lively hood and future. It sucked. I survived, It sucked for a long time.

I have a new family now and I am very much happier now. Did I mention that getting here sucked? Protect your future. Hope for the best but protect your future.

I pray it all works out for you.

• tinbender7, boyscout862 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#22 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 04:58 PM

I have a new family now and I am very much happier now. Did I mention that getting here sucked? Protect your future. Hope for the best but protect your future.

Coldone is right, nobody looks out for you except YOU!  What I put in red is also VERY true if you keep your cool & do what's right.  Just hoping/praying your kids you have will not be kept from you.   And as TG said, what works for one may not work for others, so you have to think this through well.  Just venting can help immensely, so don't be a stranger.

• tinbender7, boyscout862 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#23 Short_Circuit OFFLINE  

Short_Circuit
  • Member No: 35188
  • 72 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 08:02 PM

I know most of you guys really dont know me very well as I am a fairly new member on here. I am requesting that you keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers. My wife left and took our 2 boys and said she had issues to work out. I begged for her to stay but it was no use. She left a week ago yesterday. My wife and my boys mean everything to me and I am severely crushed. A lot has transpired in this week but they are still not home and probably will not be for at least 2 weeks, maybe longer. My motivation is gone. Nothing seems important to me. I have talked to my younger son 4 times and that has helped a bit, but its not the same as holding him. Hes 4-1/2. I havent talked to my 10 year old for reasons that I do not know. Anyway, Everyone on here is a great bunch of guys and you all have helped me though dumb as my questions have been. I just ask that all of you keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers through this time. I appreciate it all. Thank You!

Sorry to hear of your situation. Please keep us informed. I have seen the tragedy and devistation this can cause but I won't go into it here. If you ever need to talk pm me. 

• pwombles said thank you

#24 pwombles OFFLINE  

pwombles

• Member No: 7101
  • 200 Thanks
  • 220 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 09:48 PM

I talked to my younger son this morning and it was great! Wife and I are talking some. She has some issues in her life that are long overdue in being addressed. I know it may be wrong to try to change a person, but i love her too much to give up this easy. I also have to think of the boys too. I just really dont think this is a hopeless cause. I pray every morning and every nite and sometimes in between that this situation will be remedied. A lot of the problem is situated around money and the mis-management of it. I entrusted her abilities solely and was not involved as much as I should have been, and I take the blame for that. I should have been BOTH of us equally taking this responsibility. Im not perfect either and I dont want to make it sound like I think I am. I have realized many of my own faults in all of this too. Again I appreciate all the prayers received and am encouraged by every comment that has been sent to me. Thanks again!  Patrick 

• olcowhand and oldedeeres have said thanks

#25 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 09:59 PM

Wishing and praying for the best for you, but spend some money and get an attorney on retainer now. She did not do this spur of the moment, she had a plan. You are already behind. It is a tough pill to swallow but you need to be prepared. Do not tell her that you are even thinking of talking to an attorney. Let her play her hand but be prepared.

Im a BTDT too and it sucked. I was behind but I caught up quickly. It sucked. I didnt see it coming. It sucked. It came, It sucked. I found an attorney, it sucked. I fought for my lively hood and future. It sucked. I survived, It sucked for a long time.

I wish I could be more pie-in-the-sky, but I couldn't have said it better. Having been in your shoes with 4 kids involved, I will agree that most of the process really sucked. You cannot control anything that someone else does. You can only control YOUR behavior. Keep a cool head (it will be VERY challenging at times!!), but protect yourself!!! I lost the family I THOUGHT I had, and she taught the kids to hate Dad. However, I have been remarried now for 10+ years to an ANGEL!!!! The kid-thing is still very tough, but hopefully will change as they get older. Outside of that, the good Lord has blessed me TREMENDOUSLY!!! Keep your chin up, think clearly, conduct yourself above reproach.

I will keep you in my prayers, fer shur!!

Edited by nra1ifer, July 16, 2013 - 09:59 PM.

• pwombles and oldedeeres have said thanks