• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 pvk OFFLINE  

pvk

• Member No: 7944
  • 4 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted July 21, 2013 - 09:07 PM

From the looks of the harness, I'd say that when the PTO engaged, it was killing the voltage level from the switch to the coil due to poor connections.  A new wiring harness, or you could just put individual spade connectors on, and a new switch, and you should be good to go.

I said my prayers today at mass, let the good lord shine down upon my tractor and I. I just tested continuity, and the ignition is complete junk. Update coming tomorrow. Thanks Howard!

Edited by pvk, July 21, 2013 - 09:07 PM.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#32 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 22, 2013 - 04:32 AM

Looks like you've found a problem, hopefully the only one. That connector is toast. I've seen this happen often. If you can't find another connector you could replace the connector with separate crimp on male and female pin connectors. You'd need to label or color code the wires and document the changes in your manual. Check all your connectors and clean them just to be sure you don't have more bad connections.

#33 pvk OFFLINE  

pvk

• Member No: 7944
  • 4 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 11:45 PM

I said my prayers today at mass, let the good lord shine down upon my tractor and I. I just tested continuity, and the ignition is complete junk. Update coming tomorrow. Thanks Howard!

Update...sort of.

I ordered the new ignition switch off amazon and I installed it yesterday via spade connectors. The tractor starts up again. But when I engage the pto, the tractor keep running now, it doesn't even recognize I pulled the pto switch out/engaged it.

I am going to run down to tractor supply/auto parts store and grab an on/off switch and wire it to the pto. PTO switch might be the bad also now?  I don't know, i'm just frustrated!

How should I wire this up to the pto

If anyone has an other guidance on what else if left to do, it would be greatly appreciated!