• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MF10 DIESEL OFFLINE  

MF10 DIESEL

• Member No: 109
  • 73 Thanks
  • 202 posts

Posted November 14, 2010 - 11:52 AM

Friday night we recieved our first snowfall. Saturday morning when I woke up there was 2.5" on the ground. I am still working on the house and organizing stuff around the yard, but I figured I better get the snowblowers ready pronto.

I freshened up my old, old (metallic gray/yellow) craftman 24" snowblower first. It's so old it has drive chains and oilers. It doesnt even have a differential, so turning is interesting with chains on the tires. It will throw softball sized rocks without ever touching the shear bolts.

I started on the tractor next. I fixed the (bent) lift lever tube with some finesse in the 20 ton press, the button no longer sticks. Then, I installed the front snowblower mount to the MF10 Diesel. The MF10 Diesel is holding up well through the R&D this year. It started yesterday morning at 32 F without any block/fuel tank heater. I am going to try and get the blower mounted today, might have to fiddle with it through the week the get it going, first time I have ever used it.

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 14, 2010 - 05:54 PM

Sounds like you had a busy day. I am not ready for winter. I keep saying that and it's true LOL. Having some snow on the ground is definitely a wake up call to get everything ready.

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 14, 2010 - 05:54 PM

You gotta get some video of that diesel blowing snow.

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 14, 2010 - 06:13 PM

You gotta get some video of that diesel blowing snow.

:ditto:

#5 MF10 DIESEL OFFLINE  

MF10 DIESEL

• 73 Thanks
  • 202 posts

Posted November 15, 2010 - 01:33 AM

I am sure pulltilbroke will have video of all of the diesel GT's in the area in action. There is talk a friend might buy a John Deere 440 diesel to add to the local group. So there is a Massey Ferguson 10 Diesel, Bolens HT20D, Allis Chalmers 920 Diesel, and maybe that John Deere 440 Diesel.

Today, I got the blower mounted good enough to get it into the garage, straightened the rod for the discharge chute in the hydrualic press, fabbed the L-bolt for the blower lift, and got the helper spring brackets fabbed and painted. FWIW at least the patina of blower matches the tractor, they look like they belong together.

Tomorrow, after work, I might get the new belt on it and do the preventive maintainence work. I have no idea when the blower was used last. I'll have to post pictures.

#6 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 15, 2010 - 04:53 PM

Pictures would be great. Sounds like a lot of getting ready, but it'll be worth it when the snow really starts flyin'!

#7 MF10 DIESEL OFFLINE  

MF10 DIESEL

• 73 Thanks
  • 202 posts

Posted November 19, 2010 - 01:31 AM

I have pretty much finished up getting the MF10 Diesel and 620 snowblower ready for the winter tonight. I spent about 2 1/2 hours making the "L" bolt that was missing for the blower lift. I had to get a 105" drive belt as the original length was too short due to the engine swap. I need to get 2 hair pin clips at the hardware store tomorrow and its out of the shop. I rewired the rectifier bridge and added a rear hitch light as well since I've been working with it after dark more and more.

Posted Image

Edited by MF10 DIESEL, November 20, 2010 - 01:31 AM.

#8 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted November 20, 2010 - 09:42 AM

That blower looks to be in great shape....

#9 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted November 20, 2010 - 11:24 AM

Nice looking unit ready to work. It was already said but post some pics or video when you put it into action.