I have been kicking around the idea of putting together a couple of wheel weights for my Case 444 and since I don't have a metal foundry at my disposal I decided on using a medium of which I am all to familiar with. What I ended up with is wheel weights that weigh in at eighty pounds a piece and cost a whopping five bucks to produce. I used what is likely the perfect mold as they are available in various sizes and are super cheap. I started by installing carriage bolts in a spare wheel and then welding in a frame work to hold the bolts in place and also giving needed reinforcement for the concrete. I coated the inside of the planter with WD-40 and shoveled in a somewhat loose 80 # bag of quickcrete. The framework was held in place by a board attached to two bolts and resting on the edges of the pot. This is my second one and is still in need of a lot of drying before any paint can be applied. More pics will follow as the project proceeds.
Edited by Case-Closed, July 13, 2013 - 09:44 PM.