Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Testing The First Two Cat Machines Made Of This Style.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 566 Thanks
  • 630 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 08:54 PM

We have the first one hear set up with gen set and magnet the other one we will get in a bout month with just a grapple. We will have each for a month to see what bugs they have to work out before they go into production. The last photo is the machine they are replacing.Excuse the dust all over everything were ripping all of rock  in the lower yard to pore concrete so there is nowhere are customers or  trucks have to drive off the concrete. There not GT's but they have 4 tires and fun to run.   

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_0092.JPG
  • SAM_0095.JPG
  • SAM_0094.JPG
  • SAM_0096.JPG
  • SAM_0091.JPG
  • SAM_0097.JPG

• MH81, hamman, sacsr and 2 others have said thanks

#2 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,559 Thanks
  • 3,940 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 09:06 PM

That is kinda radical with the cab on the boom. No more steps to climb. Looks like an interesting machine to test.

#3 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,643 Thanks
  • 7,675 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 09:19 PM

What are the advantages of the new machine besides the ejector cock pit?

#4 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• 566 Thanks
  • 630 posts

Posted July 13, 2013 - 09:52 PM

What are the advantages of the new machine besides the ejector cock pit?

I would say like the exodus side gull wing doors make serviceability a big plus .Unlike the exodus you ca lower cab down 360 deg.   

#5 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,452 Thanks
  • 6,622 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 06:34 AM

When would the outriggers be used ? Is there a weight limit you can lift without them ?

#6 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 07:09 AM

I think that cab would take some getting used to. 

:watch_over_fence:

(How much does that puppy cost?  I see it as a great garden tractor lift!)

Ben W.

#7 mowerbeast OFFLINE  

mowerbeast
  • Member No: 29683
  • 32 Thanks
  • 41 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 07:55 AM

That looks cool. Seems like the cab could get in the way though if someone inexperienced was operating it.... :anvil_drop:

#8 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,727 Thanks
  • 8,908 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 08:32 AM

Is the new machine the same weight/size as the M325? With the hybrids coming out, it's hard to keep up with the changing numbers. No more 345, 330, etc....now 349, 336.....

When would the outriggers be used ? Is there a weight limit you can lift without them ?

All the time, the outriggers are up only for transport. I'm surprised they are up with the machine parked, seeing the stick swung to the side of the machine.

#9 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 09:28 AM

It looks like to me that the old machines cab does the same thing. Having the cab go up would make it easier to see unloading a high sided end dump or flat like they use out here for scraping.

#10 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• 566 Thanks
  • 630 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 03:13 PM

Sorry took  so long to answer just got off work . This one pretty much like Cat said any time your working the machine. This machine doesn't have locking suspension like m325 has. So if your level you can swing the 3 ton mag around with outriggers up if your not moving.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#11 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• 566 Thanks
  • 630 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 03:22 PM

I think that cab would take some getting used to. 

:watch_over_fence:

(How much does that puppy cost?  I see it as a great garden tractor lift!)

Ben W.

The cab is a little shaky on this one compared to the m325 there kind of like first elevator ride. price ??.  I do not think there  in production yet . 

#12 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• 566 Thanks
  • 630 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 03:48 PM

Is the new machine the same weight/size as the M325? With the hybrids coming out, it's hard to keep up with the changing numbers. No more 345, 330, etc....now 349, 336.....

All the time, the outriggers are up only for transport. I'm surprised they are up with the machine parked, seeing the stick swung to the side of the machine.

It's hard to tell they look so different . There is no tags on this machine for weights. But this will be replacing the  m325. They have some ways to go to match what the m325 can do. You can swing a mag load of ion around 180 with outriggers up on the m325 as long as your not extended out a long ways.Not the new one. The m325 is really stable you can drive down the lane and swing the cab all the way around wile still traveling.

#13 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• 566 Thanks
  • 630 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 04:00 PM

It looks like to me that the old machines cab does the same thing. Having the cab go up would make it easier to see unloading a high sided end dump or flat like they use out here for scraping.

Basically they work the same way . I wish the high cab I run had the hydraulic cab I've got 11 steps up to cab. If shear not running and sorting I'm up & down the steps a bout every 15 minutes .  

#14 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 04:01 PM

It looks like a fun one to test!

I remember a few years ago I went to a scrap yard and they had a grapple unload us; he was also working in the pile and putting stuff into the crusher, he had a cab that went up like those, they get pretty high up there!