3 replies to this topic

#1 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 06:14 PM

I don't know how many people know about the Bridgewater Lawn Party, so I thought I would go ahead and make an announcement. 

The Bridgewater Lawn Party is one of the biggest tractor shows in the Shenandoah Valley area. 

It is primarily an antique tractor show.  About every major brand and their rarer brethren have at least one representative.  They have four or five steam engines.  They have a monster oil rig engine on display (running on Saturday, I believe) and a saw mill.  Depending on the year, they have a small displays.  Every year has seen an increase in garden tractors and small engines.

Thursday is the antique tractor pull in the afternoon.

Saturday evening holds the antique tractor parade. 

I will be there with three or four farm tractors.  A John Deere MT with a sickle mower, John Deere M, Farmall A, and possibly my Super A if it will decide to run straight.  If you come, let me know so we can shake hands.  :thumbs:

Ben W.

• hamman, robert_p43 and JRJ have said thanks

#2 robert_p43 OFFLINE  

robert_p43
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11040
  • 572 Thanks
  • 534 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 06:57 PM

I just checked out the Bridgewater fire company's website and looks like a kid's tractor pull on Wednesday afternoon, too.  I will probably wait till Saturday to go.  This will be my first time there.  I hear there is quite a display of cars too. A friend of mine there has a 55 Chevy.

• superaben said thank you

#3 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted July 12, 2013 - 07:13 PM

I just checked out the Bridgewater fire company's website and looks like a kid's tractor pull on Wednesday afternoon, too.  I will probably wait till Saturday to go.  This will be my first time there.  I hear there is quite a display of cars too. A friend of mine there has a 55 Chevy.

I forget about the website.  :wallbanging:

I was never involved with the peddle tractor pull, but I did forget the cruise in.  The old car guys make a pretty decent show.    The cars will come early Saturday, and they will be gone by lunch time or early afternoon, assuming it is done like it always has.

Ben W.

#4 Littledeere ONLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 09:17 PM

You may see me there Ben I to wonder over that win they have the show