• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 15, 2011 - 03:53 AM

Leg one of trip completed. Crashing on Caseguy's couch for a few hours. Loading his in the morning. Hope to be on the road by 7. See you there.

See you guys there, be safe :D

#107 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted April 15, 2011 - 05:40 AM

Hope everyone has a great time, the equipment doesn't break and the weather cooperates:thumbs:
:camera:Keep them cameras rolling for the rest of us!!!!

#108 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted April 15, 2011 - 06:33 AM

Have fun! We all look forward to updates!

#109 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 15, 2011 - 06:35 AM

We are heading out here in about an hour. If I have a good data signal with the phone I will post some pics live during the event but the really good pics and video will just have to wait till we get back. :D

#110 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor
  • Member No: 201
  • 7 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted April 15, 2011 - 06:49 AM

ok i'm leaving for the plow day grounds, you can only reach us by phone now.

bryan-570-898-2013
josh-570-713-7723
company phone-570-523-1500

#111 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 15, 2011 - 09:28 AM

I think the deadline to buy tickets before the plow day has already ended. If you want tickets let me know how many and I can get them when I am up there for you. Just gonna have to trust me LOL.

George, I sent you a PM. Thanks !!!

#112 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor
  • Member No: 201
  • 7 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted April 16, 2011 - 03:36 PM

Thanks to everyone who toughed it out this year! Friday was pretty amazing day to be plowing, conditions couldn't have been much better, today was a little less than good.

We still managed to plow a lot of fields, we had about 90 tractors plowing in all. The day went under real fast with the rain, but we got in at least half a day and had a great time. Thanks again for those who made it out, and to the guys that didn't make it, see you next year.

There were over 300 tickets sold for the VanAllan raffle, and the winner of the tractor was Doug Titus from New York.

The VanAllans plan to donate a portion of the money raised back to Lukemia Foundation in Gary's name.

Bryan Seward

#113 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 16, 2011 - 03:56 PM

We just got home. We had an awesome time. For those that didn't make it because they were calling for rain...... well you just missed out :p

Bryan, Josh and everyone involved do a tremendous job at running the event. If I am not mistaken there was one acre more plowed this year with less tractors which is awesome. We got tons of pics and a lot of video. I am going to try to post the pics in the gallery tonight and will post a couple here in this thread and a link to the gallery then.

I got to meet a couple of members from the site also. It was great being able to put faces with the names. I am sure I might miss a couple but I will try my best as I don't know everyone's usernames. Alan(MH81), Steve(caseguy), Ryan (Alan's son), Al (Alc), Dan (broken2), Dan (broken2's dad), Ron White, John (SS something, can't remember your username), Bryan (PA Plow Day), like I said if I missed anyone I am sorry.

I am also going to be doing something special with the video footage we took, I will put a couple of clips on youtube for everyone to see and also for the article. I am going to use all of the footage and put together a dvd for sale and all proceeds will go to the VanAllan Family. It will be about a month until I have all of the editing done but I wanted to do something special also. The video will also be dedicated to Gary.

Thank you to all who showed up to plow and look forward to seeing some of you at other shows as well as at next years PA Plow Day :D

#114 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 16, 2011 - 04:00 PM

I just opened the folder on the camera from the computer to copy the pics over, this is the most photo's we ever took at a show 468 total. I can't promise all 468 will be posted as I am sure there are some photos that might not be worth posting.

Don't worry though, I am sure there are some bloopers in there and I can promise all of them will be posted, .... no matter the tractor color :D

#115 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted April 16, 2011 - 04:24 PM

I had a great time at Plow Day. I got home from my last trip to Charlotte yesterday afternoon and missed Friday's plowing but left about 5 this morning so that I could get in on the action. The 800 had some problems that we aren't sure what was caused by, but we will look into later. Just one of those things with older tractors. Did some better plowing with George's Massey and enjoyed every minute. The best part was meeting some of our members. I missed a few that George met, but did get to meet Bryan (Pa Plow Day),Dan (Broken 2) and his father Dan, Steve (Caseguy),and Alan (MH81) and his son Ryan .

#116 Ron White OFFLINE  

Ron White

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 267
  • 123 Thanks
  • 124 posts

Posted April 16, 2011 - 04:51 PM

Hello Everyone,

George, it was very nice to meet you !!

What a Great time is was. Friday was fantastic with nice weather and super plowing conditions. The soil is so forgiving and very nice to plow in !!

George, I can't wait to see the pix and vids you and your wife have taken, I am now standing in line to purchase a DVD.

#117 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,296 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted April 16, 2011 - 07:06 PM

From My Family to the PA Plow Day Family: Thank You!!!

I had a wonderful time, everyone was so friendly and accommodating! After we got the plows dialed in, my Son couldn't get enough. I think he was one of the last 5 in last night & that's cause Dad said so :D

It was kinda fun to finally meet old friends. The GTT guys are a fantastic bunch! Online & in person. George's whole family is one terrific group of people. (Happy Birthday Little One) I enjoyed talking with everyone so very much... kinda glad my son felt comfy enough to leave Dad behind, gave me the chance to chat.

Ryan had a little problem with the belt slippage while using the discs, but after explaining gearing & speed and taking out a couple of pulley shims, he got 2 hrs of seat time in today too! My Sears ran great and plowed great (after a little help from a fellow Sears guy). Even found a couple of Flea Market items I couldn't live without.

As for the trip over & back, it wasn't that far, because I had wonderful company. Steve & My Son made the trip worth it by themselves.

If anyone ever get the chance to go, take it. you won't be disappointed.

Attached Thumbnails

• PICT0071.jpg
  • PICT0057.jpg
  • PICT0015.jpg
  • PICT0073.jpg
  • PICT0062.jpg
  • PICT0068.jpg
  • PICT0020.jpg
  • PICT0012.jpg
  • PICT0006.jpg
  • PICT0052.jpg
  • PICT0079.jpg
  • PICT0008.jpg
  • PICT0019.jpg
  • PICT0022.jpg
  • PICT0024.jpg
  • PICT0066.jpg
  • PICT0077.jpg
  • PICT0001.jpg
  • PICT0075.jpg
  • PICT0067.jpg
  • PICT0031.jpg
  • PICT0005.jpg
  • PICT0078.jpg
  • PICT0064.jpg
  • PICT0059.jpg
  • PICT0058.jpg
  • PICT0072.jpg
  • PICT0074.jpg
  • PICT0069.jpg
  • PICT0060.jpg
  • PICT0070.jpg
  • PICT0063.jpg
  • PICT0065.jpg
  • PICT0004.jpg
  • PICT0061.jpg
  • PICT0076.jpg

Edited by MH81, April 16, 2011 - 07:34 PM.

• Texas Deere and Horse, IamSherwood and tractorgarden have said thanks

#118 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 16, 2011 - 07:12 PM

From My Family to the PA Plow Day Family: Thank You!!!

I had a wonderful time, everyone was so friendly and accommodating! After we got the plows dialed in, my Son couldn't get enough. I think he was one of the last 5 in last night & that's cause Dad said so :D

It was kinda fun to finally meet old friends. The GTT guys are a fantastic bunch! Online & in person. George's whole family is one terrific group of people. (Happy Birthday Little One) I enjoyed talking with everyone so very much... kinda glad my son felt comfy enough to leave Dad behind, gave me the chance to chat.

Ryan had a little problem with the belt slippage while using the discs, but after explaining gearing & speed and taking out a couple of pulley shims, he got 2 hrs of seat time in today too! My Sears ran great and plowed great (after a little help from a fellow Sears guy). Even found a couple of Flea Market items I couldn't live without.

As for the trip over & back, it wasn't that far, because I had wonderful company. Steve & My Son made the trip worth it by themselves.

If anyone ever get the chance to go, take it. you won't be disappointed.

Is that an invite to join your carpool next year Alan? lol

#119 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted April 16, 2011 - 07:27 PM

Is that an invite to join your carpool next year Alan? lol

SHOTGUN! LOL

I, too wish to extend my heartfelt thanks to Bryan and all of the staff at PA Plow Day! This was a spectacular event and I wouldn't have missed it for the world! It was really great to meet all the GTT members, You know who you are, No sense repeating the last several posts. LOL! To all those who wanted to show up and had one reason or another not to, make your plans now to attend next years events! The soil is perfect to set up a plow in and the help is abundant for those of us who are NOT old hands at doing it! (The Hamburgs, the hot dogs, and chocolate chip cookies rock too!) It was our pleasure to meet most of the Van Allen family and our honor to help support their causes! A finer bunch of folks you will not find! This was much needed time with friends and (surrogate) family. Thanks to all who participated and arranged this event!

#120 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted April 16, 2011 - 08:36 PM

It sounds like you guys all had a great time. Thanks for posting the pictures. Plow days are a lot of fun and meeting GTTalk members is a nice bonus.