#61 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor
  • Member No: 201
  • 7 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 07:27 PM

Some questions have come up about the weather, so heres my reply to them:

Usually we plan for the following week as a rain date, but since thats easter i doubt most people would be there, not only that but since the event has grown so much its just too difficult to move everything one single week, way too many guys have taken time off to come here, and there are so many people won't know the event is canceled unless they call me.

Those fields are very forgiving with moisture, they are a sandy river bottom. If most of you remember last year we had a severe rain storm the night before, and still plowed the next day. And the year before that it rained bad a few days before but the fields never showed it.

IF the weather gets worse, going by the actual weather, and not what the meteorologists say, AND we have no choice but to cancel we will post on every site possible, and send out mass emails, and you can contact me, my wife, and josh to get an update. And we will make those posts just as soon as we can so everyone has as much notice as possible.

We are just as concerned for those traveling, so we won't let you drive a long distance to be let down. 2 weeks ago the forecast was snow and 40 degrees, and its only gotten better. So lets just hope for the best, we will only cancel if we absolutely have too. We will provide all the information we can, we won't sugar coat it so everyone shows up. Beyond what we say, use your own discretion. I personally don't believe a thing the weather guys say, but come Wednesday-Thursday, we should have a good idea of what to expect.

Here are the best ways to contact us:

bryan- 570-898-2013
My office Cell- 570-523-1500/570-713-5763
Josh- 570-713-7723

Bryan@sewardlandandlawn.com <---best way to email

#62 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,609 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 08:11 PM

Thanks for the update, never gave it a thought that there would be a cancellation. We've always just planned for the worst & prayed for the best at ours. Rain or shine has been our motto & a couple of times, it's been rain. Some still plowed, some sat around & drank coffee, and some went home. No hard feelings, can't control the weather. LOL

Thanks for your best attempts at keeping all of us updated. We all appreciate it.

#63 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 11, 2011 - 02:31 PM

Less then a week away, tic toc, tic toc. I am trying to be patient LOL.

#64 DMF OFFLINE  

DMF

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1337
  • 10 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted April 11, 2011 - 02:51 PM

Maybe next year! I haven't been to one of these but I've seen a lot of footage. Lots of fun for sure. I can't wait to see the photos and film!

I will give my one buddy a call

George, I have to believe you have more than one buddy....:rolling:

#65 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted April 11, 2011 - 04:13 PM

Lots of rain here & heading your way George! Hopefully it won't stop either of our plow days this Saturday, as both are sandy river bottom plow areas, which will drain fast if things dry out after.

#66 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 11, 2011 - 05:31 PM

Maybe next year! I haven't been to one of these but I've seen a lot of footage. Lots of fun for sure. I can't wait to see the photos and film!

George, I have to believe you have more than one buddy....:rolling:

I am like the red headed step child, everyone just shuns me away LOL

#67 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor
  • Member No: 201
  • 7 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted April 11, 2011 - 07:38 PM

we had just a few minutes of rain tonight, so we got lucky, but we may have more coming, they are now saying 30% chance of rain in saturday, and i can live with that!

#68 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,609 posts

Posted April 11, 2011 - 07:48 PM

we had just a few minutes of rain tonight, so we got lucky, but we may have more coming, they are now saying 30% chance of rain in saturday, and i can live with that!

That means 70% chance of dry. And that's a heck of a lot better than we've had lately!

Ryan is really starting to get into it, he made a list of things to take already.

#69 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted April 11, 2011 - 07:50 PM

That means 70% chance of dry. And that's a heck of a lot better than we've had lately!

Ryan is really starting to get into it, he made a list of things to take already.

Same rain chances as Vevay. Yep, 70% chance of dry sounds good! But we're at over 2" & still raining at my place!

#70 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 11, 2011 - 07:51 PM

I got the Massey MF12G ready yesterday and today I changed the oil and flushed the coolant on the pickup. I want to change the oil in the Massey yet and we have to pull the tiller off dad's Bolens 800 and put the sleeve hitch on it. Gotta make sure I charge up all our batteries for the cameras and also make sure I bring the chargers with. Got a bunch of other things to load up also on Thursday night.

Bryan, how early can we get there on Friday?

#71 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted April 12, 2011 - 08:40 AM

sandy river bottom plow areas

Sand and plows reminds me of being a kid and having to clean the plow using sandstones from the creek to shine it up. Dad kept it painted most the time when not in used but every now and then they got bad.

#72 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 12, 2011 - 09:17 AM

Daniel sent the rain up this way, been raining here since last night. Hopefully it stops before too long and we get a couple nice days to dry things up a little. I think they are still calling for a chance of rain on Saturday but I aint skeered :D

#73 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted April 12, 2011 - 09:33 AM

Our forecasts for both plow days seem close. Rained about 4" here. Rained hard all night (started at 4pm yesterday) till 8am this morning. Sure hope I get to plow. Not sure if Vevay has a rain date. Calling for 55F Saturday with 50% chance of rain. Had to edit this, as MY forecast is 30% Saturday for rain, with Vevay at 50%... :mecry:

Edited by olcowhand, April 12, 2011 - 09:43 AM.

#74 Ron White OFFLINE  

Ron White

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 267
  • 123 Thanks
  • 124 posts

Posted April 12, 2011 - 07:18 PM

Greetings to All,

Although I have been a member here for almost a year now, this is my first post. I thought this would be a good place to start because I had been given a GTTalk card at last years PA Plow days and also because this years event is in memory of a Deere friend, Gary VanAllan.

A bit about me: My name is Ron White, I am from New York State, 30 Miles south of Rochester. I have been into John Deeres since a young age of 11 when my Dad bought our first SF 110M in 1973 and still enjoy them very much.

So anyway here is my dedication to the memory of a lost Friend !!!

Attached Thumbnails

• 4-12-2011 077-SM.jpg
  • 4-12-2011 062-SM.jpg
  • 4-12-2011 068-SM.jpg
  • 4-12-2011 063-SM.jpg

• NUTNDUN, Pa Plow Day, MH81 and 1 other said thanks

#75 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted April 12, 2011 - 09:09 PM

Greetings to All,

Although I have been a member here for almost a year now, this is my first post. I thought this would be a good place to start because I had been given a GTTalk card at last years PA Plow days and also because this years event is in memory of a Deere friend, Gary VanAllan.

A bit about me: My name is Ron White, I am from New York State, 30 Miles south of Rochester. I have been into John Deeres since a young age of 11 when my Dad bought our first SF 110M in 1973 and still enjoy them very much.

So anyway here is my dedication to the memory of a lost Friend !!!

Very nice tribute Ron. I hope we have nice weather and a big turnout for Plow Day. It would be a great way to honor Gary's memory.

I think MH81 has the right idea about getting together regardless of weather. We want to be there and plow, but just getting together and sharing friendship is the real reason for these events.