• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 02, 2011 - 07:54 PM

I am buying raffle tickets at the plow day just to make it easier and nobody has to mail anything in either direction :D

I can't wait for plow day. I am looking forward to meeting some of our members. I will be bringing the camera and high def video camera. I am also planning on bringing the 8' x 8' tent so I can setup a table. Going to bring some shirts and the hats we have left. I also gotta remember to make sure I only load up two tractors to come up with because I am bringing 3 extra home with me. One of them isn't mine though LOL.

Bryan, I will be up Friday morning. I don't think I will be staying up there but if it is alright I will drop the trailer and drive home Friday night and then come back up Saturday morning.

#47 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor
  • Member No: 201
  • 7 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted April 02, 2011 - 08:36 PM

George,

sounds great, anything you need let me know. So is one of those tractors the raffle tractor you anticipate winning?

#48 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor
  • 7 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted April 05, 2011 - 06:27 PM

Hey, does anyone have a Utility Vehicle, like a gator, they won't be using that we could use at plow day? We get one or 2 donated each year, and we can't afford to rent any more, if you can help let me know, thank you!

#49 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2133
  • 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted April 05, 2011 - 06:43 PM

i hope my bolens is ready for next year

#50 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 05, 2011 - 06:46 PM

George,

sounds great, anything you need let me know. So is one of those tractors the raffle tractor you anticipate winning?

I don't have good luck and have never won anything, but no that wouldn't be included. If by the slimmest chance I were the one to win I wouldn't have room LOL

#51 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 05, 2011 - 06:48 PM

Hey, does anyone have a Utility Vehicle, like a gator, they won't be using that we could use at plow day? We get one or 2 donated each year, and we can't afford to rent any more, if you can help let me know, thank you!

Bryan, do you know how much they are to rent? I will give my one buddy a call that has one, he just got a new one and I can't remember if he sold his old one yet or not. I will also check with a couple of other people also.

#52 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor
  • 7 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted April 05, 2011 - 07:00 PM

George,
we were paying $65-$100/day. We usually get at least one for free from Best Line Equipment, and last year Vally Ag and Turf let us use that overpriced golf cart..haha. With so much going on we need to be able to keep an eye on things, and these UTV's really help.

#53 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor
  • 7 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted April 05, 2011 - 07:12 PM

I think I understand, but want to clarify. If I send you money & it gets there after the 13th, you won't get it in time, but I will be able to buy them at plow day.

Sorry i missed your question, the posts must have come so quick i didn't even see it! If you send me a check, and we get it by thursday afternoon you're ok. You can always buy them at plow day, we will sell them until about 1pm on Saturday the 16th.

#54 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 05, 2011 - 07:55 PM

George,
we were paying $65-$100/day. We usually get at least one for free from Best Line Equipment, and last year Vally Ag and Turf let us use that overpriced golf cart..haha. With so much going on we need to be able to keep an eye on things, and these UTV's really help.

I will try and see what I can come up with, if anything maybe we can help sponsor one for a day or something?

#55 DGS345 OFFLINE  

DGS345

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 513
  • 16 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 12:59 PM

I am going to try to be there.. Its about 3 hours from me but I am sure its worth the trip.

#56 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 01:10 PM

I am going to try to be there.. Its about 3 hours from me but I am sure its worth the trip.

Dan it would be terrific if you are able to make it down, trust me it is well worth it and a lot of fun. It's an amazing site to see all those garden tractors plowing at once and the fact that all but 50 acres were plowed last year :D

I am hoping to get some nice aerial shots that might help to put things in perspective to show the impressiveness of it for those that can't make it.

#57 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 07:15 PM

We just made reservations at the Red Roof Inn. After thinking about it more this week, we would be crazy to drive back and forth for both days when the truck would use as much gas as what a one night stay would cost. Plus it would give us more time and not have to drive as much.

Bryan, I haven't had any luck with the UTV. Like I mentioned if we can help with going towards sponsoring a rental for Saturday we can just let us know. I figured Saturday would be the main day to have the extra utv.

#58 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor
  • 7 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 08:44 PM

george, glad to hear your staying, i hope to see you friday night at our gathering. Thanks for the help with the utv, i'll keep in touch about it.

#59 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,331 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 09:35 PM

Looking forward to shaking some hands out there!

We're also at the Red Roof. The rooms are getting hard to come by with the power plant work & all of us coming out.

#60 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor
  • 7 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted April 07, 2011 - 06:02 PM

Looking forward to shaking some hands out there!

We're also at the Red Roof. The rooms are getting hard to come by with the power plant work & all of us coming out.

Sounds like most people that plan on staying have gotten rooms, but there are about 5 hotels within a 1/4 mile of Interstate 80.