• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 09:32 PM

I think the night plowing might be a cool idea. As long as you don't get too many out there at once. Maybe have a set size group make a round and then the next group could go?

The pig roast dinner sounds great.

#17 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,249 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 10:02 PM

1) Having been to a couple of plow days, I think the night plowing might be a potential safety issue. It's tough enough to make sure everything is happening correctly & the guy in front of you didn't stop, or a child is coming out to see you, or whatever... when it's daytime. Add dusk or night, headlights to reduce night vision, and a few participants who are "new-ish" to tractors and plowing, it sounds like a lot of fun, but may not be worth the insurance risk. You will definitely want to increase spacing between the units to allow for longer response times.

2) Pig Roast? I'm There! Just let me know what time & how much.

#18 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor
  • Member No: 201
  • 7 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 11:03 PM

i'm sure we would limit the night plowing to tractors with headlights, and we are also asking for feedback because we would want to rent towable tower lights, so it won't be a complete blackout.

#19 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 11:22 PM

Although there are potential problems, I like the idea of night plowing and would definitely participate, I love the night. I would suggest some well thought out rules if you are going to do it. Obviously reliable headlights/taillight is a must. If everyone maintains a safe distance it might be okay, plowing speed is pretty slow. I would also limit it to tractors/plows that are already set-up and tested and would not allow adjusting the plows in the field to try to limit the stop and go. Also I would suggest having "select" people in the field on foot with flashlights to monitor the plowing and keep things safe.
I'm in for the pig roast too. Looking forward to the event, I've already made hotel reservations for friday night

#20 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 11:28 PM

i'm sure we would limit the night plowing to tractors with headlights, and we are also asking for feedback because we would want to rent towable tower lights, so it won't be a complete blackout.

The tower lights will make a big difference, then if adjustments need to be made there will be a lighted area for it also.

#21 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 11:48 PM

I think night plowing would be a lot of fun. I used to plow a lot a night with the big stuff.

Thats my 2 cents worth, Brian

#22 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor
  • 7 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted January 09, 2011 - 09:47 PM

I've already made hotel reservations for friday night

Where did you make your reservations at? A lot of guys stay at the red roof inn, and i'm going to call and see if they will give a group discount for the plow day crowd.

#23 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted January 09, 2011 - 10:21 PM

Where did you make your reservations at? A lot of guys stay at the red roof inn, and i'm going to call and see if they will give a group discount for the plow day crowd.

Super 8 in Danville

#24 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor
  • 7 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted February 13, 2011 - 10:18 PM

Hey everyone,

I have some updates from our latest meeting. Looks like we are going to pass on night plowing this year due to liability concerns. It sounds fun, but lets be honest, it could also be dangerous, not to mention costly due to increased amounts of lighting equipment and so on. Also we took some suggestions very seriously and instead of a pig roast and all the work that will make, we would like to just order pizza and hang out at the plow day grounds on Friday night. We are inviting everyone staying at the grounds, hotels, or even if your local to come hang out there, and we can have a great time! We will see how many guys will be there and then place our order. We will see what the cost is for the pizza, and ask enough per slice to break even. We will provide free drinks, most likely lemonade and tea.

Also we have sold some tickets for garys tractor thanks to John moore, and Gary’s brother. I have some people to get in touch with that have sent me emails, and I am hoping most guys will bring their money to plow day to buy tickets. At this point we aren’t really close to making our goal of 200, but we really want to hit that number, so please help us out!

Third, lets order some calendars! I don’t have them laid out, but they will be very similar to previous years. We feel that they are great quality, not cheap in any way, and we want to carry on the calendar tradition. They will again be $20, pick up and pay at plow day only. We will be able to ship, but we would prefer to wait until after plow day. We would like to get as many pre orders as possible, because we don’t order many extra to sell at plow day. So if you want one, let me know before April 1st. Once again, we only bring a few to sell at plow day, if you don’t get one there, we may need to order more, and that could be a couple extra weeks, plus shipping costs. For those not familiar with our calendars, they are laid out starting with may, and ending with april 2012, so you get your money’s worth and don’t loose 4 months! Please contact me at Bryan@sewardlandandlawn.com

Thanks!

#25 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor
  • 7 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted February 27, 2011 - 04:32 PM

Hey everyone, we had a great day today so i pulled garys tractor out and took a couple pictures for everyone to see.

For those interested in the details about it, its a 1976, 300, K341 Kohler, 16HP., serial number 062968, and its registered here on WFM. Tractor and plow are both in good original condition.

2 lever hydraulic lift, sleeve hitch, 10" brinly plow with coulter, one nice set of rear wheel weights, and a newer style john deere seat.

This tractor runs really great, very smooth and strong. I left the plow lifted for a while and the hydraulics held great too.

And for those of you that didn't know the VanAllan family will be at plow day to pick the winning ticket, and hopefully present the tractor to its new owner if they are present. Darrin Behm donated a really great framed picture of Gary on this tractor at the New York plow day last spring, and that picture is being given away with the tractor.

We will still be selling tickets through Saturday april 16th, and drawing a winner around 1pm.

See you all soon!

garys3002.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• garys3003.jpg
  • garys3001.jpg

#26 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 09, 2011 - 08:40 AM

Hey everyone, we had a great day today so i pulled garys tractor out and took a couple pictures for everyone to see.

For those interested in the details about it, its a 1976, 300, K341 Kohler, 16HP., serial number 062968, and its registered here on WFM. Tractor and plow are both in good original condition.

2 lever hydraulic lift, sleeve hitch, 10" brinly plow with coulter, one nice set of rear wheel weights, and a newer style john deere seat.

This tractor runs really great, very smooth and strong. I left the plow lifted for a while and the hydraulics held great too.

And for those of you that didn't know the VanAllan family will be at plow day to pick the winning ticket, and hopefully present the tractor to its new owner if they are present. Darrin Behm donated a really great framed picture of Gary on this tractor at the New York plow day last spring, and that picture is being given away with the tractor.

We will still be selling tickets through Saturday april 16th, and drawing a winner around 1pm.

See you all soon!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10887[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10888[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10889[/ATTACH]

Bryan,
Gary's tractor is definitely a nice piece of machinery for a raffle. I hope you sell as many tickets as you need to and it is for a great cause. It is really nice that the VanAllan family will be there also.

Plow day is getting really close now. I am going to send you a pm so we can setup a few more details. I can't wait. I am going to try and take off Friday and would like to get a hotel up that way for Friday night. I don't know if that part will work out or not but if it doesn't I will be up first thing in the morning on Saturday.

#27 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 14, 2011 - 08:34 AM

Alright guys, with PA Plow Day just around the corner who all is planning on attending? Would love to be able to get a group photo of all the GTtalk people there.

#28 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 535
  • 478 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted March 14, 2011 - 09:18 AM

I will be there. Josh

#29 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor