daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted April 17, 2011 - 09:49 AM

Great photos George. Thanks for posting all of them. Looks like it was great fun!

#137 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 17, 2011 - 10:05 AM

George, Thank you for posting all these pictures. Looks like everyone had a great time !!! I can't wait til we all fet together at the GTtalk gathering this summer.....

#138 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 17, 2011 - 11:41 AM

Awesome, now we have names, and faces to go with them. :D Thanks George

#139 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,266 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted April 17, 2011 - 12:12 PM

Awesome, now we have names, and faces to go with them. :D Thanks George

Can anyone say restraining order? :poke:

Casey, looking forward to meeting you and your Dad in 2 weeks.

#140 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 17, 2011 - 12:20 PM

Casey, looking forward to meeting you and your Dad in 2 weeks.

:ditto: to that Alan, and by the way, nice haircut lmao.

#141 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,266 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted April 17, 2011 - 12:49 PM

George,
You and your wife really have an eye for pictures! Those are great memories you captured.

#142 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted April 17, 2011 - 01:04 PM

Thanks for the pics George.
Looks like it was a great day for plowing.
Nice dirt to plow as well.
Was the trash much of a problem?

#143 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 17, 2011 - 02:09 PM

Thanks for the pics George.
Looks like it was a great day for plowing.
Nice dirt to plow as well.
Was the trash much of a problem?

Some of the guys had more trouble with the cut off/weeds/trash whatever you wanna call it then others. I had some trouble and then quickly flipped the coulter wheel and didn't have any trouble after that except for a couple of big rocks. It would gather the trash a little bit but then would drop out and be fine for a while.

I think the guys that had a lot of trouble were the ones where the sleeve hitch might have been really low, enough to catch everything. It definitely wasn't a factor on the fun meter though as that was pegged the whole time :D

#144 sts25straight OFFLINE  

sts25straight

• Member No: 1202
  • 2 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted April 17, 2011 - 04:16 PM

George
Nice meeting you and your family. Thanks for sharing your pictures . I too would like to buy your DVD. Maybe a trip to our WNY Plow in May ???

Thanks again...John M

#145 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 17, 2011 - 04:26 PM

George
Nice meeting you and your family. Thanks for sharing your pictures . I too would like to buy your DVD. Maybe a trip to our WNY Plow in May ???

Thanks again...John M

We are going to try and make the WNY Plow Day. If all goes well. :D

#146 sts25straight OFFLINE  

sts25straight

• Member No: 1202
  • 2 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted April 17, 2011 - 05:06 PM

Here are a couple of short videos . This one was taken while I was plowing
YouTube - PA Plow days 2011 My 140 in action

YouTube - PA Plow days 2011

I hope you guys like them.

John
  • MH81 and Alc have said thanks

#147 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 17, 2011 - 05:21 PM

Good videos. Your 140 did a great job. The second video you posted that was the first field wasn't it? That one JD with the 6hp china diesel, he seemed to have a little trouble with it at first but once he got it dialed in it did pretty darn good. I didn't think those little diesels would smoke that much.

#148 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted April 17, 2011 - 05:33 PM

Thanks for the pictures guys.
Looks like a good time was had, even with all the hoodies on.

#149 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted April 17, 2011 - 06:29 PM

Thanks for the videos sts25straight. They're a great reminder of a great time!

#150 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor
  • Member No: 201
  • 7 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted April 17, 2011 - 09:04 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm a little more awake and alert than i was yesterday so i wanted to take some time to write some thank you's, and give my post plow day post.

We had a great year, and thank you to everyone who took the time to plan to attend, but was unable because of the bad weather, and a big thank you to those who made the trip, even though we had less plow time than usual, we had a great event even with the rain! We had a low number this year, about 90 plow tractors, although our acres were very similar to last year, right around 44 acres plowed.

Of course we planned for a lot more people, and we have enough extra hot dogs, hamburgers, and soda to last us through the summer. But we still did good, and made some money for next years event. As with every other year we had our problems and learning curves, and everyone was very patient with us when we needed them to be. We were fortunate to be using 2 borrowed commercial fryers, which were great, and a commercial coffee pot, which was also great, but we were unfamiliar with them and it took us a little time to figure out.

This year most attendees were anxious to get an early start, and a late finish on friday due to the coming weather. So things ran a little differently, and everyone was very cooperative too. The Snyders had an unfortunate situation with the family dog and had to leave mid day Friday, and at the same time guys were lining up tractors to plow. So i appreciate everyone working with us, and to the guys who helped me keep an eye on things while we got back on course. I don't think from an outside view things looked out of control, but from my side they did feel that way a little.

Saturday we left everyone start bright and early, which was very unusual, no plow meeting either. We decided that it was best to give everyone the most for the time they spent to get to plow day, and sent them into the fields by 7:30am. Of course we were rained out before lunch, but some guys stuck it out until they were soaked, and the fields were done.

And a HUGE thank you to everyone who bought tickets for the VanAllan raffle, and to Doug Titus who won Gary's tractor. I'm sure no matter who it went to it would be in good hands, but Dougs post was great to let us know the tractor will be in great hands. And we mentioned at the drawing that the winner should feel obligated to be at the next plow day to show off his new tractor! Gary's wife Genny said she will be donating a portion back to the Lukemia Foundation in honor of Gary, from the John Deere Guys.

So all in all, a little rain never hurt anyone, we were bound to have a bad weather one of these years, hopefully the last for a while. Thanks to everyone who took great pictures, and videos too. Our photographer backed out a day or 2 before the event, so we took some pictures, and so did some family members.

As for next year. We have set a date, but the location is T.B.A. The Whitenights are moving the market, but the new location may not be ideal for plow day, so pending what we discuss with them, we aren't sure where we will be. We also plan on inviting in some help outside of our families for the planning and running of plow day, using some "esteemed" plow day friends. The event is much bigger than us now, and after seeing what could be done this year with just 90 tractors in barely 12 hours over 2 days i think with nice weather in future years we may be in for a big surprise.

Thanks again to everyone, we put a lot of time, planning, and hard work into making this happen, and we do read all the great things written on the different forums and we appreciate all the kind words. We also can't thank everyone enough for making the time to attend, or else there just wouldn't be an event.

I know i used this same post on other sites kind of generically, but its tough to write a new message for every site! But i have to save thank you to George and his family for the time they dedicated at plow day. They went above and beyond taking pictures, videos, talking with people, and really making a great name for this great site. Having them at plow day again was really great, and as long as we have this event i hope they can be there! And also for the time you put in before, and after plow day here on the site. After plow day the last thing i have time for is posting pictures, but just like last year George really came through with the pictures, and i know the Gttalk link is all over the other websites right now so everyone can see the great pictures!

Bryan Seward

• NUTNDUN, Bolens 1000, MH81 and 1 other said thanks