168 replies to this topic

#1 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor
  • Member No: 201
  • 7 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted November 13, 2010 - 09:24 PM

Hi everyone, and thanks for the support at the 2010 Plow Day in riverside pa. We will be having the event again, April 15-16 2011. Once again it will be held at Whitenights Farm Market in Riverside (Danville) Pa. We have a food stand, with tons of good homemade hot and cold items to choose from, and over 50 acres to plow.

We open friday at noon, and offer some plowing then, and open all day saturday with unlimited plowing. We have eliminated the pulling sled, it sucked last year, to be blunt...

Any questions can be posted here, or emailed to me at Bryan@sewardlandandlawn.com I try to keep up on the different sites we advertise on, so please be patient if i don't respond quickly.

Thanks, see you in April!

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0121.jpg
  • plowdaysmall.jpg

#2 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 14, 2010 - 08:38 AM

Thanks for the early heads up! As of now I and a couple others who didn't make it last year are planning on being there for this one! Hope to see you in April!

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 14, 2010 - 08:49 AM

Look forward to being there Bryan. It is a shame more people didn't use the pulling sled but when you get to plow or pull the sled I think plowing will win every time.

If you don't mind can I bring the GTT banner to hang off the tower? I also plan on bringing the hd video camera and I will also bring a couple of tshirts or other items for you to give away. :D

#4 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted November 14, 2010 - 09:23 AM

That looks like a bunch of fun. Too bad it's not closer to me because I'd definitely go. Those pictures are just BEGGING for a Speedex 1631!!!!

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,292 Thanks
  • 28,625 posts

Posted November 14, 2010 - 09:49 AM

Thanks for the early heads up! As of now I and a couple others who didn't make it last year are planning on being there for this one! Hope to see you in April!

:ditto:

#6 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor
  • 7 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted November 14, 2010 - 08:25 PM

Look forward to being there Bryan. It is a shame more people didn't use the pulling sled but when you get to plow or pull the sled I think plowing will win every time.

If you don't mind can I bring the GTT banner to hang off the tower? I also plan on bringing the hd video camera and I will also bring a couple of tshirts or other items for you to give away. :D

sounds great george,

the pulling sled was an experimental thing anyway, and of course everyone wants to plow!

We appreciate all your support, and we would love to return the favor, so bring anything you would like, banners, cards, etc.

And just a heads up, i am a member of another john deere collectors site, and thats where plow day began for us. One of the original plow day attendants from that site recently died from leukemia. This upcoming plow day will be dedicated to Gary VanAllan, this will be the first year he won't be there. We will be setting up something to either donate to the American Cancer Society, or his family. This unfortunate event has been very hard for me, i only knew him through plow days, and emailing back and forth from one year to the next, but i will miss him very much. Any support to a good cause will be very appreciated, we plan on putting together something nice to send to his family in Geneva. NY. I know most people in attendance didn't know him, but he was a great guy, and one of the greatest supporters to help make plow day what it is. Not too many guys would make a 4 hour trip to an unknown event with another guy they just met, and without someone like that we may have never kept plow day going.

Attached Thumbnails

• gary at new yrok.jpg

#7 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted November 14, 2010 - 08:31 PM

sounds great george,

the pulling sled was an experimental thing anyway, and of course everyone wants to plow!

We appreciate all your support, and we would love to return the favor, so bring anything you would like, banners, cards, etc.

And just a heads up, i am a member of another john deere collectors site, and thats where plow day began for us. One of the original plow day attendants from that site recently died from leukemia. This upcoming plow day will be dedicated to Gary VanAllan, this will be the first year he won't be there. We will be setting up something to either donate to the American Cancer Society, or his family. This unfortunate event has been very hard for me, i only knew him through plow days, and emailing back and forth from one year to the next, but i will miss him very much. Any support to a good cause will be very appreciated, we plan on putting together something nice to send to his family in Geneva. NY. I know most people in attendance didn't know him, but he was a great guy, and one of the greatest supporters to help make plow day what it is. Not too many guys would make a 4 hour trip to an unknown event with another guy they just met, and without someone like that we may have never kept plow day going.

Wow, that is sad to hear. It is very nice that you are dedicating the event to him. We will see what we can do for donations when we get there and we can also dedicate the plow day video to him. So if you have any pictures you can email me then of him and his tractor(s) that would be great. Also anything that you would like to be mentioned with his picture in the video.

#8 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted November 20, 2010 - 08:12 PM

After reading the post about the loss of one of the original plowers I was going to make a donation dedicated to Gary to the American Cancer Society, but I will wait until Plow Day when it has been decided how the money will be best donated.

#9 MAV OFFLINE  

MAV

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 487
  • 108 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted November 22, 2010 - 10:00 AM

Bryan glad to here that you are doing that for Gary. I didn't personally know him but through the JD site and a good friend of mine that went to the plow days with him kinda feel like I did. Thanks for doing this for him and his family.

#10 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor
  • 7 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted December 05, 2010 - 07:20 PM

PA Plow Day is pleased to announce that we will be raffling a John Deere 300, and brinly plow, owned by the VanAllan family.

Gary VanAllan, who lost his battle with leukemia in late 2010, was a tremendous supporter of plow day from the start. He was a John Deere garden tractor collector and enthusiast, who took great pride in his tractors, and sharing his knowledge with others. We would like to help share one of his favorite tractors by raffling it off at plow day. All proceeds will go to the VanAllan family, and we are honored to help in any way possible. We’re asking for your help to sell at least 200 tickets to support the family, and get your chance to win a complete plowing package. Ticket sales will begin today, and will end at 1pm on April 16th, 2011 at the Plow Day grounds in Riverside PA. Tickets will be $10 each, and all ticket sales will be through Bryan Seward, or at the registration shed at Plow Day.

You DON'T have to be present at plow day to win!

We need to reach our goal of 200 tickets, so Please help support a great cause, and a wonderful family!

Tractor specs: John Deere 300, original condition, brinly 10" plow, sleeve hitch, wheel weights, bar tires in rear. Gary ran the tractor with 5 rear wheel weights, we will be including one set, and possibly the front weight bracket and slab weights (TBA) Once the tractor is in our possession we can answer more questions related to accessories, and specs.

For more information, and to make ticket purchases please contact Bryan at 570-898-2013 , or email Bryan@SewardLandandLawn.com

Attached Thumbnails

• gary at new york2small.jpg

#11 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 05, 2010 - 07:27 PM

Bryan, that is awesome to hear. I am going to publish your post to the front page as a feature and keep it at the top of the page to help out.

#12 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor
  • 7 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted December 05, 2010 - 07:32 PM

george, thanks as always, you've been a tremendous help!

#13 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,211 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted December 05, 2010 - 09:21 PM

I wish you guys were some were around me I would load up the Ridemaster And show how a 58 year old tractor plows.

#14 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor
  • 7 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted December 05, 2010 - 10:36 PM

I wish you guys were some were around me I would load up the Ridemaster And show how a 58 year old tractor plows.

Thats not too far! You wouldn't even win the longest distance traveled! Sorry you can't make it, we'd love to see the ridemaster plow.

#15 Pa Plow Day OFFLINE  

Pa Plow Day

• Contributor
  • 7 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 09:16 PM

Guys,

i need a little feedback on a few items we discussed tonight.

1. Night plowing. We are considering plowing after supper time on friday night, limited area to plow, but at night anyway, any comments?

2. a pig roast/supper friday night. A nice way to get everyone together so you don't need to go searching for supper elsewhere. Would be a basic charge for a pork dinner, with sides and such.

thanks for the feedback!