• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 abushey123 OFFLINE  

abushey123

• Member No: 4054
  • 13 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 10:08 PM

Hey every one just wanted to know if any of you want a running case 130 or should I buy it and restore it? It is missing the fan for the radeator and some sheetmetal on one of the front sides other than that it is all origional. It comes with the deck which is is GREAT shape he is asking 400 any buyers? Last where can i find a replacement fan or is it not entirely essential?

• Dieselcubmike said thank you

#2 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 11:23 PM

Id be glad to take it for free :D as far as a fan for the radiator I think you mean the fan for the hydro rear? Do you have any pictures? 400$ for a few things missing is kinda steep especially if it doesn't run. A fan is needed to keep the pump cool.

#3 Mjoe7 OFFLINE  

Mjoe7
  • Member No: 9312
  • 172 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 02:00 AM

Hey every one just wanted to know if any of you want a running case 130 or should I buy it and restore it? It is missing the fan for the radeator and some sheetmetal on one of the front sides other than that it is all origional. It comes with the deck which is is GREAT shape he is asking 400 any buyers? Last where can i find a replacement fan or is it not entirely essential?

That's a reasonable price for a Case 130. They are not easy to find. That was the first Garden Tractor with the Case name. Case bought Colt in 1965. 

A replacement fan will be plastic and it's available new for around $35.00. Otherwise look for an original metal fan from a Case 190 195 155 or other similar model year Case with the same fan. Look up Steve Guider for any parts he may be able to help you.

The fan is essential if your going to use it as a worker. The fan mounts on the front of the engine and pulls heat away from the oil cooler. On a tractor that is hydraulic drive I wouldn't operate it long or work it hard without one.

Does it have the rear fenders and tool box under the seat?

Where is it located? It's hard to say if I'm interested without a location stated.

Good luck with whatever you do.

• abushey123 and CRFarnsworth have said thanks

#4 Mjoe7 OFFLINE  

Mjoe7
  • 172 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 02:11 AM

Id be glad to take it for free :D as far as a fan for the radiator I think you mean the fan for the hydro rear? Do you have any pictures? 400$ for a few things missing is kinda steep especially if it doesn't run. A fan is needed to keep the pump cool.

He's talking about a Case GT not a John Deere or Cub Cadet or any other GT that uses a hydro. The Case 130 was built in 1965 and they are Hydraulic Drive.

They have a oil pump that mounts to the back of the engine and it pumps oil through a hydraulic control valve to a hydraulic motor that turns the wheels and then the oil goes to the front through a oil cooler and repeats the process. That's a simple quick explanation. Look up any Case GT manual for a better explanation. 

FYI for those thinking it.... do not use hydraulic oil! Only motor oil is to be used in the Case hydraulic system. 20w40 or similar.

Attached Thumbnails

• hydrotractor.jpg

Edited by Mjoe7, July 10, 2013 - 02:16 AM.

• jms180, CRFarnsworth and superaben have said thanks

#5 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 06:10 AM

I learned something about Case today.  :wave:

Ben W.

#6 abushey123 OFFLINE  

abushey123

• 13 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 07:20 AM

well the tractor is located in barnet Vt. Yes it has fenders and i think it has the tool box but i can look today.

#7 abushey123 OFFLINE  

abushey123

• 13 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 08:04 AM

Well the only thing major that is missing it on the right front side it is missin the sheet metal and the fan.. But i think thats about it. The tractor will need two new tires with one rear rim and no rim on the front. But have no fear is it still in driveable condition.

Edited by abushey123, July 10, 2013 - 08:05 AM.

#8 abushey123 OFFLINE  

abushey123

• 13 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 08:20 AM

And if any one wants I will buy it and restore it than sell it for 600 ?

#9 Mjoe7 OFFLINE  

Mjoe7
  • 172 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 01:37 PM

And if any one wants I will buy it and restore it than sell it for 600 ?

If it were closer I'd be interested as it sits. I think you'd be better off buying it and selling it as is to make a few bucks. Let the new owner restore it to his liking if your not going to keep it. For you to pay $400 and restore it properly you will have way more than $200 into it.  

As a collector. I tend to prefer buying a tractor in original junk condition and fixing it myself than something someone slapped some paint on and called it a restoration. I have a 130 that someone brush painted. It's a good straight GT, but the brushed on paint just makes it that much harder to restore.

#10 abushey123 OFFLINE  

abushey123

• 13 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 02:28 PM

What i do when I restor thing is a compleat rebuild such as a teardown repaint and reseal every thing and if needed rebuild the engine.

• Mjoe7 said thank you

#11 190forklift OFFLINE  

190forklift

• Member No: 6378
  • 36 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted July 11, 2013 - 07:17 AM

I have the fans and the sheet metal you would need for that tractor. forklift 190

• abushey123 said thank you