#31 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 08:48 AM

Sorry, I should know better than to ask a tech question without giving all of the details.

Pump: https://www.surplusc...p?item=9-7768-B

Cylinders: https://www.surplusc...asp?item=9-8487

Filter: http://www.surplusce...ame=&item=9-059

Valve: Salvage unit from a forklift... It was free so I'm going to try it out. The work ports have -6AN fittings, the feed has a -8AN and the ruturn has a huge barb fitting.  

I plan to run the following:

Res to pump = -8 (1/2" hose)

pump to valve = -6 (3/8" hose)

valve to cyl's = -6(3/8" hose)

pump ret to filter = ?

filter to res = 3/4" NPT

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#32 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,483 Thanks
  • 5,013 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 10:07 PM

You might want to increase the hose size from 1/2" to 3/4" between the Res. and pump. During the summer the 1/2" will work fine but it can get pretty darn cold in your neck of the woods and the oil will get thick. Starving the pump is never good.

• twostep said thank you

#33 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted August 08, 2013 - 11:34 PM

Which CAD program do you use?  I have AutoCAD and Inventor at work at an Draft Sight (Auto CAD 2D clone) at home.  I'd like a copy of the file if you don't mind when you're finished.

Smitty

#34 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted August 09, 2013 - 09:01 AM

It's just AutoCAD... I forget what version. Sure, I can send it too you. I took my time with the WH profile but with the JD I just focused on the front, frame and tires.

Last night I spent some time breaking the plates out to thier own drawing blocks. I know a fellow 4 wheeling guy that does some flat bed plasma work in the evenings so I'm going to have him quote cutting all of the plates for me. I expect him to be reasonable and he said he would price it both ways, with my steel or with his.

#35 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 03:02 PM

I'm about to order the fittings for this thing but first I would like you experienced guys to make sure I'm not missing anything:

Attached File  FEL Parts Lists and Funding.pdf   138.95KB   67 downloads

#36 bigge61 OFFLINE  

bigge61

• Member No: 2914
  • 96 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted January 12, 2014 - 07:06 PM

Is that pump going to move enough fluid? Looks like at 2000rpm it does 2.98GPM.  I don't have a clue honestly just wondering?!

• twostep said thank you

#37 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted January 12, 2014 - 09:38 PM

Thanks. According to all of my research it seems that 6gpm is the most you would want on a GT loader. Since this one maxes out at 5.96 I figure it should fit the bill.

• MH81 and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

#38 bryan 110 OFFLINE  

bryan 110
  • Member No: 52864
  • 196 Thanks
  • 250 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 10:50 PM

I don't think you really need to have 5/6inch posts for throw loader to attach to. on my loader on the 110th its only 2x4. And it has no problems with breaking or anything. but then again i don't really use it to dig its more for play to me. but to save money i would go with 2x4 1/4 inch wall. Just male good weld and a suport to the middle of the post.

#39 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 11:10 PM

Bobby, Sorry I didn't post this earlier, but you don't need all the fluid reserve in the uprights. As you cycle the system, the oil from one side moves to the other side of the cylinder. Al you need to do is make sure you don't run out of fluid while filling the system. Both of my Ark loaders had 2 X 4 uprights and 40" long and only one held fluid.

• twostep said thank you

#40 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 11:27 PM

I don't think you really need to have 5/6inch posts for throw loader to attach to. on my loader on the 110th its only 2x4. And it has no problems with breaking or anything. but then again i don't really use it to dig its more for play to me. but to save money i would go with 2x4 1/4 inch wall. Just male good weld and a suport to the middle of the post.

Thanks for the comment. The uprights won't be 5x6... what I meant in that post is that they will be 2x5 or 2x6 depending one what material I have.

Bobby, Sorry I didn't post this earlier, but you don't need all the fluid reserve in the uprights. As you cycle the system, the oil from one side moves to the other side of the cylinder. Al you need to do is make sure you don't run out of fluid while filling the system. Both of my Ark loaders had 2 X 4 uprights and 40" long and only one held fluid.

Thanks Brian. Did the fluid ever get HOT when you used it for an extended time? Don't get me wrong, this thing isn't going to be used commercially but since I am not running a cooler I figured I would be better off with more volume.

#41 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 11:30 PM

Thanks Brian. Did the fluid ever get HOT when you used it for an extended time? Don't get me wrong, this thing isn't going to be used commercially but since I am not running a cooler I figured I would be better off with more volume.

I never noticed it getting hot, but I never used it over and 1 or so at one time, no power steering!! :(

• twostep said thank you

#42 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,628 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted January 21, 2014 - 08:12 AM

I have 2x4 x 1/4" uprights/crossover, with oil in the entire frame, uprights & the crossover.  I use mine for a few hours at a time, and the towers DO get hot at times, but not hot enough for damage.  If I only had one tower, I think it would get too hot.  I have one tower that is suction, and my return goes to the other tower for proper mixing for better cooling.  With all my frame being a reservoir, it acts as the cooler.  But then every now & then I'll run my loader a few hours, but not often that long.

• Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP, Cvans and 1 other said thanks

#43 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted January 21, 2014 - 08:39 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys. Of course I won't use mine anywhere NEAR what OCH does.... so I should be good.

I've alwso considered not using the uprights as the res but instead putting a couple gallon tank on the back of the machine. Two reason for it: one - no worries of my welds and/or stress cracks leaking, two - I will need ballast back there anyway. Any thoughts? 

#44 bryan 110 OFFLINE  

bryan 110
  • 196 Thanks
  • 250 posts

Posted January 21, 2014 - 10:40 AM

Mine never gets hot hot just warm but my pump if also running full time. the hydro oil is only on one side of mine maybe a gallon of oil in the system but my loader is a factory made loader so they must have plan something out to make it work the way it dose.

#45 bryan 110 OFFLINE  

bryan 110
  • 196 Thanks
  • 250 posts

Posted January 21, 2014 - 10:45 AM

I really have a big issue with weight i am 150 lbs. have a box on the rear and two 50lb rear wheel weights and i can't drive up a gravel driveway with out spinning. so keep that in mind also.
  • twostep said thank you